FA Cup Final - Man City vs Stoke

Soldato
Good to see city playing like a team yesterday, thats what it took to get the job done, a collection of individuals might have thrown it stokes way.

They are still a collection of individuals, make no mistake about that.

Will Adeybayor, Bellamy, RSC get a medal? City are paying them a tidy sum to play for someone else. Also Dzeko, not good enough?

City are like the businessman at the high roller poker table. He can take the losses but it doesnt mean he is a good player.

Don
He just comes across badly in his interviews, very defensive and self-important. I think that self-belief is part of what makes him a good keeper though so can't hold it against him too much.

Not sure what he's said in previous interviews but I thought he came across very level headed yesterday.

The interviewer was asking about Utd fans taunting City's lack of success, hoping to get him to say something controversial and he simply said he doesn't care about Utd fans, today was about Man City and their fans.

Soldato
Not sure what he's said in previous interviews but I thought he came across very level headed yesterday.

The interviewer was asking about Utd fans taunting City's lack of success, hoping to get him to say something controversial and he simply said he doesn't care about Utd fans, today was about Man City and their fans.

I thought he was fine. To be a top keeper you need a helluva lot of self belief. I guess that can come over badly in interviews. The boy at Arsenal is the same. He has supreme self confidence but thats probably why he will be a top keepeer for the next 15 years.

Soldato
What an amazing day yesterday! and what a story as well.

Now what i am about to tell you, i imagine no one on here will believe but so be it.
Well after walking around Wembley hundreds of times and only managing to buy one ticket (we needed two) my dad sold it to a fellow blue at face value and we set off on the tube towards baker st. Got off the tube and walked to 'The Globe' walked in to watch the match. We sat down next to a couple who were City fans.
(This was around 10mins before kick off)

Just enjoying the pre match build up when i am tapped on the shoulder by a young Indian lad asking if i want to buy tickets. Now being 10mins before kick off i don't believe it for a second. So he pulls them out.
4 tickets in a row, the Cat A tickets (£115)? with 'Sponsor Purchase' on the bottom. Me and my dad having had a proper ticket earlier in the day before selling it on knew these were legit!!!
We offered £300 for all 4 telling him there was 5mins till kick off and virtually worthless. He took the money and then i grabbed this couple who were in complete shock and we jumped in a cab. 20mins later and we were at Wembley. My legs were like jelly but i sprinted up the concourse and we all crossing our fingers as we shoved our tickets in the scanner. We were met with the green ping and then we bolted to our seats.

We missed 15mins of the game but my God was it worth it in the end.

As you can see it is a pretty amazing story and hard to believe but that's what happened and the day will stick with me forever!
Pretty amazing and weird right?

Soldato
That's a good story! Might have a trip to that pub before the CL final then. :D
:D

If your confident. a lot of City fans and Stoke fans were just 'jibbing' in. Stand close to someone with a ticket he scans it and you just push forward and just slip off once inside.
CL Final maybe more security etc though so it may not work.

Soldato
A good video here if your a City fan of course.
http://www.megavideo.com/?d=XGZXVCN7

No team spirit :rolleyes:

and our Sheikh celebrating...
257139167.jpg

<3

Soldato
I hear Man City fans are upset because Swasea stole their 'Poznan' celebration :D:D:D
Well it was such a poor effort, a few want to drop it now, the ones i spoke to after Saturday and also a few on City forums. Go for something else because everyone is doing it now.

Quality, notice some of the hangers on, Jo etc.

Makes you wonder if you would do the same on that sort of money
Jo has great dancing feet but sadly not great feet on the pitch.
Who wouldn't?

Back
Top Bottom