FA Cup Final - Man City vs Stoke

Soldato
But thats just life?

Smaller clubs dont develop players to be successful, they do it to sell them on. For every Rooney that Everton sell and have people lamenting his loss there is a Jeffers who they mugged Arsenal for. The sale of Rooney is the reason there is still an Everton today.

And how many times do you think a club have been relegated and thought, if only I hadnt of sold him we might not of went down :p

I see your point, but Im sure not all clubs want to sell their best players if they have the chance of progressing in whatever there targets be. What is money to a club, if they have the costs of relegation etc.

Soldato
And how many times do you think a club have been relegated and thought, if only I hadnt of sold him we might not of went down :p

I see your point, but Im sure not all clubs want to sell their best players if they have the chance of progressing in whatever there targets be. What is money to a club, if they have the costs of relegation etc.

You are trying to put a value on something you cant measure though. Blackpool kept Adam and they may go down still. If they had sold him and still gone down that would have been citied as the reason. Either way they will probably go down.

You trousered £35m for Carroll. If you had kept him would you have really finished massively higher in the league? £35m higher? Of course not.

Every sale is a judgement call.

If these bids didnt come in no-one would ever develop any players.

Soldato
Saturday 14th May 2011, the day where both sides of Manchester can both call themselves Champions.

Although City still have it all to prove next season! ;)

Wonder what the City centre is like tonight :eek:

Soldato
Saturday 14th May 2011, the day where both sides of Manchester can both call themselves Champions.

Although City still have it all to prove next season! ;)

Wonder what the City centre is like tonight :eek:

Man City sang "We are the Champions" today after winning the cup.

Fair play to them for winning the cup but the fact they werent embarrassed to sing that on today of all days............

Soldato
Joe Hart is such a ****, he reeks of the arrogance John Terry suddenly had when Chelsea came into money and started buying trophies. Every single interview I've seen him do over the past month he's said I couldn't care less about this, I couldn't care less about that how about a little humility eh kid?

Didn't see the game but it sounds like the best team won, wish I'd put some money on the 1-0 scoreline.

Soldato
Joe Hart is such a ****, he reeks of the arrogance John Terry suddenly had when Chelsea came into money and started buying trophies. Every single interview I've seen him do over the past month he's said I couldn't care less about this, I couldn't care less about that how about a little humility eh kid?

Didn't see the game but it sounds like the best team won, wish I'd put some money on the 1-0 scoreline.

Agreed, Hart is a tool. Never liked him.

Permabanned
He seems a very down to earth, nice chap.

How do you have to act to be liked?!

Not sure, probably have to be a Man U player

He a decent lad playing well and being paid a lot, least he is not going around cheating on his wife and elbowing players, swearing all over the shop :p

Caporegime
Man City sang "We are the Champions" today after winning the cup.

Fair play to them for winning the cup but the fact they werent embarrassed to sing that on today of all days............

God I actually feel a little ashamed for them. Credit on winning the cup....but it's hardly the greatest achievement is it?

Soldato
God I actually feel a little ashamed for them. Credit on winning the cup....but it's hardly the greatest achievement is it?

considering it cost them over £250 mil or whatever, no :p

another £300mil they might challenge for the league, must be good having oil and Arab money, just ask Chelsea. These teams would be nowhere without their magic fairy money :eek:

Permabanned
Not sure, probably have to be a Man U player

He a decent lad playing well and being paid a lot, least he is not going around cheating on his wife and elbowing players, swearing all over the shop :p

Can you promise us that if Wigan go down you will be kept in a separate Championship thread and we won't have to listen to your drivel?

So someone doesn't like Joe Hart and because they are a Man Utd fan it's because he doesn't play for them :confused: which then brings out the "well at least he doesn't X, Y and Z"

Tiresome :/

Don
Can you promise us that if Wigan go down you will be kept in a separate Championship thread and we won't have to listen to your drivel?

So someone doesn't like Joe Hart and because they are a Man Utd fan it's because he doesn't play for them :confused: which then brings out the "well at least he doesn't X, Y and Z"

Tiresome :/

It will start just being an all Man U 'The Football Stadium' fan club :p We need some diversity between clubs!

Permabanned
It will start just being an all Man U 'The Football Stadium' fan club :p We need some diversity between clubs!

There's plenty of clubs represented on here, it's the constant digs from the lower league supporting members that get tiresome. ;)

Soldato
Two sets of winners yesterday, the stoke and city fans. Reguardless of the result, everything that is the week long build up to the final around the club and the community to the game itself is nothing but a great thing.

You'd imagine days like it will come again for city given the investment, maybe not for stoke, but hey euro qualification, a farcry from the 3rd division they were langering around in not so long ago... football works it's magic:)

Good to see city playing like a team yesterday, thats what it took to get the job done, a collection of individuals might have thrown it stokes way.

Back
Top Bottom