*** FACTORIO: Space Age **** DLC pack announced!

Soldato
Finally WUBE have announced their upcoming DLC expansion pack for Factorio.

I have been playing the Space exploration mod, and this seems to be a combination of that mod with other elements and new UI overhaul etc.

Looking forward to this one.

Last edited:
Soldato
I love the look of this, I've clocked almost 2000 hours in this game and I really wanted them to expand things after white science,

A year to wait also means they'll do it properly,

Soldato
which bit is stumping you :)
i found the tutorial good, but then it sort of dumps you in the game and your a bit like... "what do i do...."

Oh just generally, I feel I don't plan anything and it's all just ad-hoc placing things etc. I didn't want to use guides because I don't see the point as half the challenge is working out 'optimal' layouts etc.

It's something I need to play consistently as dipping in and out doesn't work.

Soldato
so this thread made me start a new game... with the space exploration mod... who needs a life right!
6hrs in just got green science (because i'm indecisive) and working on electrifying what i have (advance material processing (electric furnace) & solar next) , and of course copper is a bit shor right now! so trains next untill li learn ho the ai vehicle work.

Soldato
I've actually gone in to the dirty world of YouTube to watch a tutorial of sorts. It is not focused on optimising anything at all, just explaining some aspects to allow people to find out for themselves. I will just be playing vanilla.

Soldato
did you have a shower after?
well the thing is, to just get stuck in and not be hung up on optimisations and the like. you'll always be changing things up as new tech comes on, or expanding.
i defo suggest vanilla untill your comfortable then move over to a mod. but i think vannila will give you between 50 to 100hrs on your first run depending ow you play.
i've moved on to a mod just for a change and now i think i bit of more than i can chew :D

Soldato
we should possibly rename this to the new Factorio Thread

Factorio Vanillupdate : https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-378
Rail system update and allowing elevated rail networks
see links for images, looks good. i can see benifites to it. building a rail network over sea as well ! just not sure how that works based on the images. contruction robots a guess

so im playing the modded version of space exploration around 25Hrs in and now on Orange science packs and now see the Moon/asteroid base !
combinatuion solar and steam tubines at night for power requirements. and core miner and pulverisors are helping with recources.
those mobile turrets and radars are well usfull as well if not a bit fanicaty ! "fly my beauties fly" to thy enemy and crush them with a hail of bullets and death
>>>eNp1Ur2LE0EUn7kYLpeT44oUit6Z4toNwVM4DsmONiKi/4DV7mZy
GdjdibOzpzkLU1zpVyGCNqa10crCLiCIgoJoZXdiY6GgKNoI8c3OTrK
7d3nwXt78fu97gxFGV1AiAxuhkV075HHH1y+tAPht/UAJUPV4r0eFxQ
XNxi14Im5Ti7NcdpWGNOhbrhPlgktdLrM1K0zwsFhxsec7IZVWxHZy+
HJELZeKvu+zOJgm6SUWgfREn4dM5vAlwLvcDw5IURQTrD2DCqjswhwW
8/ZRoXM1npG1zaQTUFhgK0cdVlTse05xPkVccyTctdCnHEke5vYvS0F
plLtULKBgdpBUsfvswbHB7ipSOr6J6uOxUvD2oLhShAdgCMKApTJ3xO
OhFNy3IiolC7c2nfj6psucaMFqNtZPN0FWiiEBZ5GMBU3iKs1GMwkre
z7rdBCqnwU9p0bCGN+oPT3/eee+jXW7BkmdHykycg1ywTiXyUxqzTin
jLNn4/VEfmUc3VRCizSqQqaOJncVifHt78+Hf18NW/jfk58fLrnETpF
7LSDn1cXmJubRQyUvzCooM4KmPtn43Vsl32xcVhk1ZcgGmNHFEsLLS+
ANb4GpH0dmtJYpUyO4k8gfs8kX43y0i3vAIc6o4qvKvFYmaTiZDGuX3
CWYnDDs0WkI5J9E2Rna0w3fmLYvM/0Lg+z/ENk9CsgaOeAzVFXD9sR8
LU2mgXu+nzcv8pjgknJU1G/A9Cv5G6el9O8ySc5t2PQ/1tu4s/IfJDc
FCA==<<<

lets se how frustrated i get not having a logistic network set up any time soon :D

Caporegime
I wanted to love this game but found it hard and complicated to get into myself

It's certainly that. I loved it, personally, but I feel like it needs a few playthroughs to really get good and the early part of the game feels like a hell of a grind when you do that. IMO, Satisfactory delivers a better overall experience but also becomes more of an entirely self-motivated affair much more quickly: a lot of the interest in Satisfactory is less the puzzle solving and more just building stuff for the sake of building.

Looking forwards to the expansion.

Back
Top Bottom