*** FACTORIO: Space Age **** DLC pack announced!

Soldato
a little over 400hrs in game and im just about to get the spidertron..
now i think on to flat solar panel mk2 -> space elevator -> then on to star ships... -> ion engines
inbetween setting up mini bases for oil / iridiun / Holmium
i seem to have an abundance of copper...

biter meteorite planets... arent worth it i decied.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I started playing this a couple days ago. Not my usual sort of game, but after having a month off gaming I decided to give it a go for a change of pace as I've been struggling with stress. How do you go to bed and sleep afterwards?! It's worse than my day job. So much to learn and not quick enough! :D

Soldato
I started playing this a couple days ago. Not my usual sort of game, but after having a month off gaming I decided to give it a go for a change of pace as I've been struggling with stress. How do you go to bed and sleep afterwards?! It's worse than my day job. So much to learn and not quick enough! :D
my rules :
stop playing 2hrs before bed...
after stop playing go watch something for an hour to switch brainb off.
dont play on weekdays / work nights
have a glass of wine ready just in case
check clock regularly, so i dont go past dead line
go to bed at 12..

i had a month off recently and there were nights i was awake for hours trying to get to sleep and my brain just thought about belts pipes, options, loops, and tech paths...
theres been a few nights i ended up going to bed at 1 or 2am..

Soldato
One thing that eases the curve for me is that because the space is practically unlimited, you don't get punished for putting something in the wrong/not optimal place. That with the ability to simply put stuff back in your inventory is useful. I haven't committed the time to it yet, but I don't plan on buying any more games for a long while so this will mean I will pay more attention to the ones I have available now.

Soldato
This is Factorio. You don't have an abundance of copper, you have a shortage of everything else. :cry:
that is such a true statement

BTW doing the tutorial missions is usfull. the last mission i was a bit "what do i do and were do i start..." lost untill i decieded to just get on with it and break it down to smaller tasks and try not to re-create what was already there.

those looking for a more easy going mod may be look at (its been suggested here before and is a campaine) :

Story Missions - [Scenario Pack]

its my next mod to check out when i finish Space exploration
around 20hrs game play.
although i note it comes as a dependance space exploration and krastorio 2 both very big mods?.

Last edited:
Soldato
Here to say I've just got back into PC gaming, stumbled onto Factorio and am now well and truly down the rabbit hole! I hear it's where time goes to die :cry: I am currently playing the story and it's been a great introduction into the game. I think I'm about 6 hours in (2 hours of demo and 4 hours of paid game) and really appreciating firstly, a demo! and secondly, a demo where you simply start the first few parts of the story and then have my save game carry over to the paid for version so I could just keep going.

The space age DLC looks awesome but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. Good to know it's there though

Last edited:
Associate
Here to say I've just got back into PC gaming, stumbled onto Factorio and am now well and truly down the rabbit hole! I hear it's where time goes to die :cry: I am currently playing the story missions and it's been a great introduction into the game. I think I'm about 6 hours in (2 hours of demo and 4 hours of paid game) and really appreciating firstly, a demo! and secondly, a demo where you simply start the first few parts of the story missions and then have my save game carry over to the paid for version so I could just keep going.

The space age DLC looks awesome but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. Good to know it's there though
I really wish more games had the confidence to just give proper demos, Id end up buying so many more games.

Soldato
100%, it's refreshing to see. I've come from many years playing on Xbox where demo's just weren't a thing for the longest time. in recent years there have been a tiny smattering (Forza Horizon for example) but it's still very weak.

My experience with Factorio's demo could have simply been the fact it's been out for a number of years and I've only just found it. Did the demo exist at the beginning or has it been retrospecitvely added? I can understand if a game dev is pouring everything into a launch deadline to get a game out the door you might not put any focus on a demo but the idea of adding one later once the game is out(and day-1 patched) is an interesting idea

Soldato
Read it yesterday - was an enjoyable blog. The past few have been a bit bland in comparison to the Train and Combinator changes that were being announced. Was exciting to see that different planets are going to have some signicantly different gameplay to the orignal plpanet, and interesting to see the devs initially question the whole expansion feeing too repetative and how they dealt with it.
So hyped for this DLC. Can easily see me spending many more thousands of hours in Factorio!

Soldato
i'd expect high compatability with : Space exploration mod
as its effectively from the same dev doing most of the work as best i can tell.
Very enthusiastic an hardworking.

so i'd like to hope for august but they've always been of the mind it will be ready when its ready and they are happy with it.
tbh i'd be willing to wait another 2 more years for it

Back
Top Bottom