*** FACTORIO: Space Age **** DLC pack announced!

Soldato
Diddd you say Rockets???
Yes, yes you did!!

also 2.0 target priorities and circuit connection....

edit :
additional ::
Kovarex was interviewed for a podcast, in Czech unfortunately. Part of that, as I got the translation, was that the expansion would release "no later than October". A release on 31 Oct

Last edited:
Soldato
https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-418

Factorio: Space Age - Release date​

We plan to release Factorio: Space Age expansion on October 21st 2024. The reasoning for this date is that it will give us enough time after summer vacations to polish the release, while also leaving enough time afterwards if we need to do bugfix patches before the Christmas holidays.

The price of the Space age expansion will be $35.00, the same price as the current base game.

Factorio: Space Age - Content​

Factorio: Space Age continues the player's journey after launching rockets into space. Discover new worlds with unique challenges, exploit their novel resources for advanced technological gains, and manage your fleet of interplanetary space platforms.

Space platforms - FFF-381

The backbone of planetary logistics and the first foray into space. Space platforms are flying factories that act as the means of transportation between planets.

• Build defenses to shoot down incoming asteroids which threaten to smash your platform.
  • Catch asteroid chunks, crush them and process them into thruster fuel and turret ammunition.
  • Use the Platform hub and Cargo bays to shuttle cargo between planets.
plus the rest (see link)

Price is a bit high, but i think worth it if is anything like Space Exploration. its clear a lot of work went in to the expansion and space exploreaction (aurther of the Mod is also a dev on space age)

Soldato
I'm fine with the price. I've racked up ~1850 hours of Factorio so far and don't see that slowing down. Think I only paid £12 back in early access, untouchable value for money. Expect I'll easily rack up a few hundred hours with the dlc and even if I didn't for whatever reasons, the devs deserve the money for the attention to detail and amount of gameplay they put in the game.

Soldato
ow i agree about the quality and quantity of the DLC i just think those that are new to the game will be put off by it looking at a £30 DLC.
they might think thats much be one hell'a DLC or a cash grab.

Soldato
ow i agree about the quality and quantity of the DLC i just think those that are new to the game will be put off by it looking at a £30 DLC.
they might think thats much be one hell'a DLC or a cash grab.
If they're new to the game they can just grab the base game. Tbh I can't see there being *that* many new players being brought in by the dlc, anyone who's into factory games is likely already well aware of the game and probably already owns it!

Soldato
there's always the young ones... and new people looking for something differant.
it wasnt my sort of game for 5years or so untill it suddenly clicked. but i understand your sentemen.
minecraft could be a sort of good comparison.

Back
Top Bottom