1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failed driving test :(

Discussion in 'Motors' started by riddler, Mar 8, 2010.

1. riddler

Wise Guy

Totally gutted, I felt my test went perfect and honestly feel robbed & cheated.

Little old man with a smirk telling me I'd failed, I swear I nearly hit him!

Turns out him and my instructor once had an argument and my instructor called him a *****...Think this might have had any effect? DAMN RIGHT! :mad:

How debatable is mirrors? I'm so blatant with them aswell.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

2. meghatronic

Capodecina

Sometimes you can fail without doing anything wrong. Much like life in general, really. Just rebook your test.

3. PermaChanged

Mobster

I failed my test twice before passing, it's a horrible feeling. On both occassions I had very few minor faults, 3 and 4, but got 1 major on each test, stupidm ones to boot.

4. platypus

Caporegime

If you react like this to a failed test, how on earth will you react to an actual serious situation whilst behind the wheel of a ton of steel?

5. riddler

Wise Guy

Reacting like this due to me feeling cheated. This is totally different circumstances to dealing with an issue on the road?

6. Le_Petit_Lapin

Capodecina

I hated all the "show" you had to do for your test, making everything blatant and in your face so the instructor could see you were doing it. It doesn't even vaguely resemble how you end up driving.

7. DiscoDave

Wise Guy

Did you get your test sheet back highlighting which majors were marked?

The snickering is rather unprofessional. Maybe you can put forward a complaint and ensure that you get a different examiner for your next test.

8. shifty_uk

Capodecina

What exactly did you fail on?

I thought my test went horribly and passed, it's just your luck on the day!

9. jamief

Soldato

Got to love know it all learner drivers!

10. paradigm

Caporegime

^^ this.

I love how most new drivers assume that passing the test = being able to drive.

You learn far more in your first 6 months alone on the road than you do in the lessons before passing your test.

11. riddler

Wise Guy

Maybe so but for 40min's my drive was near perfect!

Use of mirrors changing direction.

12. DiscoDave

Wise Guy

Very true, I remember having a discussion with my dad:

Me: I've passed my driving test
    Dad: Well done, now you'll learn how to drive.

13. PhillyDee

Capodecina

We were all one once!

The fact that the examiner might have been biased would lead me to putting a complaint in tbh.

14. cambb

Gangster

Correct. However common sense then needs to be applied

15. mac1st3

Mobster

when my grandad was teaching my mum, he told her "I'm not going to teach you to drive, I'm going to teach you how to pass your test"

16. riddler

Wise Guy

Instructor told me not to place a complaint because it will go against him and might go against me in my next test. He said he'll come along with me next time if it's the same instructor.

17. Greebo

Caporegime

Unless things have changed, when I took my drivinf test I was told the following:

Always try and get the first test of the day.

Otherwise, if the tester happened to have the world's most perfect driver before you, then your minor mistakes will show up more. Of course, it would work to your advantage if the previous one was useless but better to have a "clean slate"

Secondly, testors were expected to fail a certain percentage of drivers. So if he had passed loads of people that week and needed to get his percentage down, then he might fail you for minor things when on another day you would have passed.

Don't let it get you down. You'll pass next time.

Statistically speaking, drivers who failed their first test are less likely to have an accident.

18. POB

Soldato

People cling on to anything as an excuse why they failed.

Why would a examiner fail someone out of spite? They are only giving the instructor more money from additional lessons.

19. trent

PermaBanned

seems abit of a short discussion.

20. Substance

Mobster

Looking for excuses won't help anything, you failed, he wouldn't fail you without reason, get over it and try again in a month or so.

I failed my test first time too, 2 minors and 1 major, I know that it was the other persons fault but I should have anticipated it, therefore I failed