failed my mod 1 :'(

Soldato
Well I found the CG125 when doing the CBT hilarious as it was drums front and rear and doing an emergency / controlled stop on that involved giving it full front and rear brakes and slowly gliding to a stop. :D
I'll be on a CB600 for the mod 1 so that'll stop better. I've got a few days training before so I'm sure it'll all be ok but it's handy to learn about things before hand.

Associate
You only need to cover the back brake.. if you’re locking up then you’re doing it wrong tbh!

Remember; it’s a controlled stop... not an emergency stop. There is no minimum stopping marker, as long as you’re stopping in a safe way and not 50ft up the tarmac then you’re golden.

I’m shocked that a stoppie is considered fine :confused:

Ah in Australia it's an emergency stop, you have 20 metres to stop, every metre past the line is an extra "point"

You get 5 points, any more than that is a fail... includes if you put a foot down during the U turn, missing a cone on the weave, not doing a head check when taking off, etc

Associate
Looks like 'straya test it's a stop from 20-25km/h? Here's it's 50km/h, and 20m is loads for 25km/h? Also everything you've described as a point off is a an automatic fail in the UK (and EU test afaik).

Hmm it's changed. It's based on the speed now...

20 km/h = 2.8 metres 26 km/h = 4.4 metres
21 km/h = 3.0 metres 27 km/h = 4.8 metres
22 km/h = 3.2 metres 28 km/h = 5.0 metres
23 km/h = 3.6 metres 29 km/h = 5.6 metres
24 km/h = 3.8 metres 30 km/h = 5.8 metres
25 km/h = 4.0 metres

But also it's based on power to weight, you can start your riding off on a 650cc under a certain hp if you want. Was a maximum of 250cc when I did it!

Associate
OP
Had my retest today, done some of the worst figure of 8's and U turns I've ever done but managed to pass. Starred the tester right in the eye balls this time for the emergency stop.

Woop so glad that's over with.

Soldato
Congrats!

My figure 8s vary from nice and neat to a bit wide (sometime including a yellow cone) but I didn't get any marks down for that...just a stupid wide U turn finishing over the line. :(

My fastest run through the speed trap was my emergency stop at 57kmh ...I was proud of myself for that. :p

Associate
OP
Sorry hear you failed the first but Gratz on the pass.

Why is the test in KPH and not MPH? I think I'd fail that.

its in compliance with the EU standard. hence KPH. funnily enough the test centres across our country were all built because you have to do 32mph for an emergency stop, you cant do 32 on UK roads in 30 zone and cant emergency stop on a 40, hence all these test centres been built.

Soldato
its in compliance with the EU standard. hence KPH. funnily enough the test centres across our country were all built because you have to do 32mph for an emergency stop, you cant do 32 on UK roads in 30 zone and cant emergency stop on a 40, hence all these test centres been built.

Crazy. Would be interesting to take the test again. I bet I'd fail.

Associate
OP
mod 2 was meant to be on Tuesday but got cancelled due to the rain, rebooked for next Tuesday (the 5th). seems to be taking ages to get this licence

Back
Top Bottom