Fake hate crime: Jussie Smollett paid two Nigerian brothers to attack him

Caporegime
Any one see Kamala Harris' initial response (corridor interview), she pulled the old 'look desperately around for an aide to run interference', stumbled awkwardly and then finally answered. There is nothing wrong with saying, it seems we may have been duped and I condemn this blah, blah, blah. Politicians can seem so helpless at times when they're in the slightest of uncomfortable disputations.

Soldato
AYou've just held up a great example of how they're giving him an easy ride. A couple of lines of "sad" and "disappointed", mildly shaking her head at his mistake, followed by a rapid pivot onto repeating the mantra of racial hatred and attacks on her political opponents. She literally spends more lines condemning people for criticising Jussie's action's than Jussie's actions themselves. Despite his actions having been VASTLY more likely to increase racial tensions had he gotten away with it than anything else.

I don't see Kamala Harris condemning anyone for criticising Smollett's actions in that tweet.

She's condemning those people who would use Smollett's actions to dismiss or downplay a documented rise in real hate crime. These two things should not be conflated.

Soldato
That's true Tom.

Though, I would say why didn't she condemn Smollet for his actions moreso? He is - ultimately and after trial - the person who precipitated this incident. More is coming out.

Associate
That's true Tom.

Though, I would say why didn't she condemn Smollet for his actions moreso? He is - ultimately and after trial - the person who precipitated this incident. More is coming out.

To be fair to Kamala, Ocasio-Cortez and the rest of the left leaning politician's, they still have a base to play to and I wouldn't expect them come out all guns a blazing. What I would expect them is to have the dignity and foresight to not jump on the right witch hunt bandwagon in the first place before all the facts were in place. I wouldn't expect anything else from the lunatic fringe, but these are respected public figures. It was quite telling that Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton were both very reserved when the story broke and asked to let the investigation run its course.

Ironically it's Trump who seems to deal with this kind of stuff better, like sitting completely on the fence over Charlottesville, praising and damning both sides equally. He does seem to play the man not the group.

Soldato
That's true Tom.

You’re right, she absolutely could have been stronger in her wording against Smollet.

As @Thecaferacer says, she has a base to play to and she didn’t do herself any favours in supporting Smollet when this first came out, so she’s no doubt on the back foot.

Sitting on the fence when these stories first come out may well be the best tactic and it might actually be happening. For instance, I’m surprised more hasn’t been made of this Anders Breivik wannabe but maybe people are waiting before commenting…

Soldato
They are. And they must go further left.

The base they are preaching to are those who want to see Trump dead. People who have in my estimation some serious psychological problems.

Soldato
You’re right, she absolutely could have been stronger in her wording against Smollet.

As @Thecaferacer says, she has a base to play to and she didn’t do herself any favours in supporting Smollet when this first came out, so she’s no doubt on the back foot.

Sitting on the fence when these stories first come out may well be the best tactic and it might actually be happening. For instance, I’m surprised more hasn’t been made of this Anders Breivik wannabe but maybe people are waiting before commenting…

*nods

Soldato
Don't agree with deleting scenes but if the company feels it necessary to disassociate themselves from him. That's on them.

I think they have yet to film them and they have said his role is to be cut.

(Reuters) - Actor Jussie Smollett’s character is being removed from the final two episodes of the Fox hip-hop drama “Empire” after he was arrested and charged with staging a hoax hate crime attack on himself, show officials said on Friday.

“We are ... aware of the effects of this process on the cast and crew members who work on our show and to avoid further disruption on set, we have decided to remove the role of ‘Jamal’ from the final two episodes of the season,” 20th Century Fox Television said in a statement.

Soldato
And political

"This os MAGA country" the "MAGA hats" the "white"... He also said "I saw an orange man with yellow hair tell these Nazis to get me" and "that orange man is bad"

Soldato
Critics of Smolett's actions are cast by her as "seizing upon it to downplay racial hatred". What he did WAS racial hatred.
I see it as two different things:

You can criticise Smolett's actions and still acknowledge that there is a troubling rise in hate crime across the USA. You can also rightly — as you do — include Smolett's actions and the other hoax incidents within that 'rise in hate crime'.

OR

You can say "the rise in hate crime is fake news and/or overstated — just look at the likes of Jussie Smollett — nothing to see here, it's a non-issue".

Kamala Harris is talking about the second group of people; at least that's my interpretation of the text in her tweet.

Soldato

Excellent and short piece on this case by Tucker Carlson, from a few days ago.

In other news, he has previous history in that in 2007 when arrested for drunk driving and without a licence, he tried to pass himself off as his own brother.

Soldato
I don't watch Fox News or Tucker, just see bits here and there but what I seen, Tucker hits nail on head every time.

That is the "left" in America which is slowly corrupting the UK too, they take a story, make up a story and do as much damage as they can and when the truth comes out, they all forgot and move on and pretend it didn't happen, but the right don't forgot, that's why Hillary is still a target, shouldn't forgot the damage shes done.

Caporegime
So you’ve found a single instance of this and now it’s every instance, holy generalisation batman.

Listening to Tucker ****** Carlson when his entire job is to be biased is humorous in it self, it’s like watching sarkeesian about feminism, cue surprised pikachu face.

When they have the likes of turtle face literally obstructing the governments ability to govern, and dozens of indicted jailed swamp beasts in trumps supposedly clean garden, why even bother being ‘better’ when it gets used against you anyway with literally no introspection of irony or hypocrisy?

Last edited:
Soldato
When they have the likes of turtle face literally obstructing the governments ability to govern, and dozens of indicted jailed swamp beasts in trumps supposedly clean garden, why even bother being ‘better’ when it gets used against you anyway with literally no introspection of irony or hypocrisy?

How is Trump obstructing government? It's more that Congress and the DoJ is obstructing his running the Executive branch of government.

Who are the dozens of indicted Trump swamp beasts?

There is only 6 connected with the Trump team.

George Papadopoulos: False statements (PROCESS crime and a set up (Joseph Mifsud)
Paul Manafort: Financial crimes mostly connected to Ukraine
Rick Gates: False statements (PROCESS crime) and conspiracy charge (that we have no real indication of what of)
Michael Flynn: False statements (PROCESS crime)
Michael Cohen: Tax violations (his) and campaign Finance violations (that are not crimes as confirmed by BradLey Smith on Mark Levin Show. He was the guy who wrote that law btw and equally if Trump paid $150k of his own money that's his choice. You do know Obama also broke campaign finance violations by a much larger amount)
Roger Stone: False statements (PROCESS crime) and witness tampering. Charges that would never have existed if this phoney investigation wasn't going ahead

With the exception of Stone, I believe all the people are and have been covered in detail in Spygate.

Back
Top Bottom