Fake Jap VW Vans!

Caporegime
11_110_1.jpg

18_82_1.jpg

56872b2e5b682cb8a95c136dff97583cd9c5.jpg

w321.JPG

http://www.bruder.jp/index.html

Associate
First saw those about three years ago. Hate them, just another example of Jap's trying to imitate the europeans, and here they are destroying the look of a brilliant design. *Sigh*.

Associate
Firestar_3x said:
Personally i think they look cool, got those classic VW lines but in a mid engined van, shame it will tip over when you try and do a scandinavian flick :p

All the disadvantages of a jap van, with none of the advantages of a european one. You say mid engined, id much rather have the RWD, rear engined, 50's to 60's designed, aircooled original. Even put a Type 4 lump in it and it wont be under powered anymore.

304063.jpg

How can you say no?

Just looked at their website, how did they manage to take:

An ugly car - The Beetle, combine it with the equally ugly Nissan Micra and create a monstrosity?!

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
But they have done it for the looks, remember the orginal van was built for space saving not to be a big van, the suzuki super carry looks horrid, you've gotta admit its an improvment over the original?

Associate
Firestar_3x said:
But they have done it for the looks, remember the orginal van was built for space saving not to be a big van, the suzuki super carry looks horrid, you've gotta admit its an improvment over the original?

You have to be joking?! An improvement over the suzuki super by making it look like a mutated split-screen, one of (if not, the) most recognisable van designs in the world?!

I think it looks horrific, it'll be interesting to see the irony if people love these, when so often chav'd up cars you see in the Daily Pics thread are torn apart. This is just the same, it takes a nasty japanese design and attempts to copy one of the best designed vans (of its time) in the world extremely badly.

Excuse me, I can't type for a minute, I need to go and vomit.

Permabanned
Jap diddyvans rock.

Still not made my mind up about the fake splits...I like them because they're like baby splits...

*n

Caporegime
OP
Alu_ATC said:
Excuse me, I can't type for a minute, I need to go and vomit.

And here's me thinking thats just your usual posting style :p

penski said:
Jap diddyvans rock.

Still not made my mind up about the fake splits...I like them because they're like baby splits...

*n

Thank you sir, they do indeed rock.

Chaved up Euro and Done up Japstyle are totally different.

Associate
Firestar_3x said:
And here's me thinking thats just your usual posting style :p

:p You posted these horrible looking machines!

penski said:
Jap diddyvans rock.

*n

No, they are like a weird, test tube baby of a Jap split, that went badly wrong.

A baby split looks like this:

vw%20shorty.jpg

:D

Associate
Firestar_3x said:
Lol, that must be a good bit smaller the wheels look too close together!

I guess that would make the Jap one's teenage looking splits? :confused: Going through that difficult period, lol.

Shorty is a cool baby split, he can go some too. :D a lot smaller, but a lot better than the Jap splits. :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Alu_ATC said:
:p You posted these horrible looking machines!

No, they are like a weird, test tube baby of a Jap split, that went badly wrong.

A baby split looks like this:

vw%20shorty.jpg

:D

No that's just a shorty split.

Diddyvan reps are like a 3/5 split.

*n

Associate
penski said:
No that's just a shorty split.

Diddyvan reps are like a 3/5 split.

*n

Any original VW Split-screen looks better than those Jap vans, regardless of size. I posted a shorty split in reply to you saying 'they're like baby splits', to show what a decent, small split would look like.

Permabanned
Alu_ATC said:
Any original VW Split-screen looks better than those Jap vans, regardless of size. I posted a shorty split in reply to you saying 'they're like baby splits', to show what a decent, small split would look like.

No - that was just a shortened split. Not a decent, small split at all.

Show me one that's smaller in each direction ;)

It's not about looking better than a split or anything like that. It's a tongue-in-cheek-look-at-my-660cc-diddyvan-with-a-split-front-lolz-et-cetera.

Plus, you don't have to pay the prices that the idiots in the dub scene ***** over old buses.

advert said:
Original Split Rat Look van signwriting LOOK!

Prime import from dry state, get this original signwritten van now for ultimate rat look cool!

£15,000 ono.

bw4.jpg

*n

Permabanned
Zip said:
:eek: 15000 :eek:

If that actually goes ill be surprised and shocked and do something dumb :eek: :p

It was a joke, Zip.

But the 'dub' scene is so full of fools that the 'scene tax' on a van like that would probably take it from it's real value (maybe £100?) to about £1,500.

*n

Zip

Zip

Soldato
penski said:
It was a joke, Zip.

But the 'dub' scene is so full of fools that the 'scene tax' on a van like that would probably take it from it's real value (maybe £100?) to about £1,500.

*n

If io was over there and new people over there spent that much on old heaps like that i would be going around to every wrecker buying as many as i could then selling them for a profit to "Dub Freaks" :D

I though you liked the Rat look Dub scene? Have you gone off it or do you just like the Cars and not the nutters that drive them and make them go? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom