1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by DAIR, May 31, 2018.

1. Shawreyboy

Hitman

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  2. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

And that's exactly why these devs will never learn their lesson.

3. TheVoice

Capodecina

Yep, it's third in the UK retail chart while Hitman 2 is struggling at 10. Such a shame.

4. Shawreyboy

Hitman

Fo76 down 82% on Fo4 and Hitman 2 down 90% on Hitman Absolution.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/19/fall...90-on-hitman-absolution-in-uk-charts-8154791/

Can only guess that Fo4 sold many more units that Absolution did for there to be as much of a disparity as there is - then again, with homing briefcase that can be thrown around corners to knock people out, no wonder Hitman 2 is struggling.

Shawrey

5. omnomnom

Mobster

Annnd now servers are offline for maintenance. I have barely been able to play this in the past week. Such a poor launch.

6. AWPC

Sgarrista

7. robj20

Soldato

I'm not getting it. But I will probably try it when it's much cheaper im thinking £15 wouldn't be bad.

8. Kyle009

Mobster

I hope this doesn't affect future Fallout projects.

9. Shawreyboy

Hitman

It should only benefit them actually. Bethesda will have gotten the message by way of people voting with pockets that an MMO version of Fallout fell completely flat on its face as it wasn't wanted and will re-double their efforts into a single player experience for Fo5.

ESO worked because people wanted to experience Tamriel online with other people - it was a flawed concept from the start to have real world people be the NPC's in Fo76 and have no AI NPC's which practically every other MMO has it's almost a staple format.
    Bethesda took to breaking the lore on the game by making that world empty despite that with the best intentions in a Nuclear apocalypse, that there would be little life outside a bunker except the people that left it post Fallout- which coherently makes sense but doesn't translate well to a video game of this genre.

Shawrey

10. chris4652009

Mobster

I'd have thought quite the opposite tbh, It has to effect future products. in a good way

11. Sinny

Sgarrista

Exactly, they will find what works and use it in future projects. However, this doesn't mean the game is a failure, they will be supporting this as a full title and I'll be looking forward to future content as I'm loving this game.

12. chris4652009

Mobster

Angry Joe's review is a must watch

13. shuffle

Hitman

I will see how 76 evolves, and i agree it should benefit from future updates considering the bad press. Hopefully..

14. DAIR

Sgarrista

Such a shame... I was prepared to give this game ago. Then I found it that it would have no NPCs.

15. shuffle

Hitman

We shall see, its difficult. Saw what they did with skyrim online last year. Its hollow with no direction. Lets face it these games are a stop gap for the next big release on new consoles.

16. oneilldo

Wise Guy

So has this improved at all since launch yet? I sold god of war a while back at CEX so have used that to order this in the hope that patches due this month will improve the reception its had.

17. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Nope still complete crap.....

18. TheVoice

Capodecina

Given it's only been out three weeks, I wouldn't be expecting much in the way of improvements or fixes just yet.

19. oneilldo

Wise Guy

Fair enough. Maybe I should have gone for assassins creed lol.

20. shuffle

Hitman

Wheres the best to get digitally
    Any better yet folks, interesting thoughts on this in pc forum, getting used to survival mode