Fallout TV series being developed by Amazon

Associate
Cool, so as a sensible, rational person you'd probably give that "not bad" as a 5/10, maybe pushing to a 6/10 on the "sensible, rational" reviewing scale -

s7Jo0Vx.jpeg

WHAT IN THE SWEET BABY JESUS!!!! I see you must be using the "pants on head" reviewing scale then -

nzYEWxa.jpeg

:D
It's funny cause it's true.

Soldato
I thought it started off quite well, then lost it's way a little bit in the middle few episodes but picked up nicely at the end.

Overall 7/10

Soldato
Got a months free prime again so time to watch it before I cancel. Seems to be popular though the Nexus mods site is being unintentionally DDoS'd by people downloading content for the game at the moment having watched the show. Bonkers

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Never knew they were different lengths, I don't normally look at the runtime when watching a series.
Not watched Fallout but it's not something people are looking out for, I noticed Mando episodes (first two seasons...) had significantly varying lengths without looking at the runtime.

Caporegime
Finished it tonight, I'd give it 8/10 overall.

There's not many other TV series/movies that have replicated 'The World' so accurately in the transition from game to screen.

And lots of unanswered questions and ways they can go with series 2.

Just hope it doesn't get rubbish like West World did.

Soldato
Not played the games, but really enjoyed the world they created. Obs Walton Goggins is great too. Looking forward to Season 2.

Although, the Ghoul has a fight with the Knight earlier and it's a real battle. Then in the final Ep, he knows how to defeat them in seconds and takes loads of them down?

Caporegime
was not bad all the way through. nothing brain taxing. id give it a 8 out of 10 over all. hopefully amazon dont do a netflix and cancel. like most big budget shows. what i would really like to see is same formula but with bioshock.

Yeh, Bioshock would work really well actually.

Caporegime
Although, the Ghoul has a fight with the Knight earlier and it's a real battle. Then in the final Ep, he knows how to defeat them in seconds and takes loads of them down?

Pretty sure he was just playing with Maximus and he knew he was new to the armor.

He also appears to be loading different bullets in that last episode that he may not have had when fighting Maximus.

zqZOCtp.jpeg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm absolutely fine with editing the episodes down to what they want rather that forcibly having to cutting it down to a set time and losing things they want in the show. With it being a streaming series they don't need to have a certain runtime.

I didn't even notice the difference lengths tbh.

Commissario
Pretty sure he was just playing with Maximus and he knew he was new to the armor.

He also appears to be loading different bullets in that last episode that he may not have had when fighting Maximus.

zqZOCtp.jpeg
Those were my thoughts exactly.

When fighting Maximus he even made a comment about "reading the manual" from memory, which indicates he knew that the person he was up against wasn't a major threat, and then in the last episode he both knew what he was facing and prepared for it accordingly.
Even just seeing how he fought Maximus vs the other people in the early episode indicated that he wasn't dealing with him as a real threat, as he quite happily shot everyone else, but was like a cat with a mouse with Max who he could say was clumsy and without distance weapons.

I'm absolutely fine with editing the episodes down to what they want rather that forcibly having to cutting it down to a set time and losing things they want in the show. With it being a streaming series they don't need to have a certain runtime.

I didn't even notice the difference lengths tbh.
Yup

It's interesting watching DVD versions of some TV shows where they'll sometimes add in bits that were cut out due to run time, and the commentaries have the director and crew saying things like "yeah we had to remove 10 minutes of stuff because of the length, and we hated doing it so we're glad to put back these bits that add some context for the next episode/background of the characters".
I think it was How I Met Your Mother had multiple instances of that, where they had to remove some good content from an episode because they'd allowed for if a joke/scene was flat with the audience but ended up with everything working and it being too long so the "non essential" (but still good) stuff had to go.
I really like the idea that an episode is however long it needs to be within a reasonable time range, as whilst you might be able to shift a scene from one episode to the next it doesn't always work as well, or it means you then push the problem forward and it gets worse. IIRC one of the ways some shows work around it to a degree was to basically try and fit it into the end credits (giving an extra 60-90 seconds).

Last edited:
Associate
Finally finished this and what a struggle it was. It didn’t hook me at all and I was bored through most of it. Maybe it was because I’ve never played the games but I just thought it was rubbish.

Maximus what a terrible actor I ended up skipping anything with him in it in the end.

Associate
I really enjoyed it, its even tempted me to start playing Fallout 4 again from fresh.

I started re-watching it a few nights ago with the wife... who actually managed to tear herself away from her book to watch/ask random irritating questions :cry:

Associate
Finished it last week. I was biased against The Brotherhood since I don't really like them in the games, but the arc for Maximus did not help things one bit. I found his character very unlikeable, the attempts to make him a bit of a bumbling comic relief character at times kind of fell flat, and The Brotherhood in the series are just as annoying in the series as they are in the games.

Walton/Cooper was great, and his arc was actually interesting. I'm glad Lucy is continuing with him instead.

The CGI was a bit distracting at times - blatant bluescreen shining on people and the de-aging looked a bit jank.

Decent overall, but I could do with less Brotherhood next season, which I know won't happen. I'd give season 1 like a 7.5/10.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The Brotherhood aren't the good guys, though they did a good thing in Fallout 3. I don't think they were portrayed as being particularly good in this either.

Moldaver turned out to be the character trying to do the most good, even though they infiltrated Vault 33 and ended up killing lots of innocents.

They kept things with Maximus deliberately ambiguous, so we weren't sure if he was a complete **** or not - Like the
blade in the boot and leaving it up-in-the air if he actually killed Knight Titus

I'm not saying he was my favourite character, but I didn't dislike the portrayal. Ella Purnell and Walton Goggins were more interesting though.

Caporegime
Finally finished this and what a struggle it was. It didn’t hook me at all and I was bored through most of it. Maybe it was because I’ve never played the games but I just thought it was rubbish.

Maximus what a terrible actor I ended up skipping anything with him in it in the end.

He is so bad.

We only got to episode 3.haven't watched any more. Might return when I've watched everything else.

Just didn't really like it. Caught myself clock watching a fair few times and never really wanted to watch "the next episode"

Still can't believe I didn't like this.

See, I thought I didn't like it because I HAD played the earlier games. But was told the newer games are more like this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom