Fallout TV series being developed by Amazon

Associate
Is that guy with no nose the same guy from maze runner 3?

it's watchable if you put it on in the background while you spring clean. Solid 5/10.

Don
Is that guy with no nose the same guy from maze runner 3?
If you mean Walton Goggins, then yes.

it's watchable if you put it on in the background while you spring clean. Solid 5/10.
Much like your posts, they are background entertainment, largely works of fiction. Solid 5/10

Associate
About to start watching ep.6, really enjoying it, best thing I've seen on TV since Stranger Things, about the adverts I had my first 1 today at the start of ep.5, apart from that nothing.

Soldato
Yea I finished it.

I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't say it was amazing, but it was much better than I had anticipated it would be.

I liked the back story and how it jumped back and forth present to past, although as many have said Maximus 's character/actor wasn't great.

I also liked how they didn't make it too OTT in terms of action and CGI, could have EASILY ruined it, but actually it fell back to more traditional scenes and human acting.

Looking forward to a second though, I think potentially if they just sort a few bits out it could be really good going forward.

6/10 maybe.

Caporegime
I'm late to party but I really liked it.
Pretty over the top.
3 very good main characters, well Maximus was a wet blanket but.... :p
Great rendition of the game , at least Fallout 4.
Good stuff, did well with a story too.

Associate
I tend to make dinner and such when watching some shows and I would suggest this isn't a good show for doing other things. Part of its appeal is its visual element.
It's literally set in a waste land or an anonymous vault it gets samey very quickly.

The only visually bad bits are the desert bits

Soldato
Never a fan of the games and wasn't expecting much, but I found the show very entertaining.

Roll on season 2

Last edited:
Associate
I've just finished watching it and mmmmm it was okay, wasnt ground breaking maybe a little overhyped. If I didnt already have prime to watch it would I have paid just for that i think not. Entertaining yes, exciting not so much.

Caporegime
Just finished it. On the whole quite good. I'm sure I missed loads of stuff by not playing the games, but the story was good enough that I don't really mind.
Still quite a lot of questions to answer, but reading online season 2 was already confirmed on April 18th (even before I started watching!).

Definitely a 7-8/10 show, which I will definitely re-watch prior to season 2.

Maybe I should go back now and try other shows where I skipped them cos I hadn't played or enjoyed the videogame....Halo, Twisted Metal, The Last of Us are recent ones I can think of.

rp2000

Associate
Just finished it. On the whole quite good. I'm sure I missed loads of stuff by not playing the games, but the story was good enough that I don't really mind.
Still quite a lot of questions to answer, but reading online season 2 was already confirmed on April 18th (even before I started watching!).

Definitely a 7-8/10 show, which I will definitely re-watch prior to season 2.

Maybe I should go back now and try other shows where I skipped them cos I hadn't played or enjoyed the videogame....Halo, Twisted Metal, The Last of Us are recent ones I can think of.

rp2000
I love the games, and loved this too. 8/10 for me.
Definitely give The Last of Us a go.
Halo......I enjoyed parts, but for me missed the spot.

Associate
Just finished - overall probably a 6/7 out of 10 - was reasonably well paced I would say, and kept things ticking along nicely. Quite a lot of reveals packed into the last episodes, maybe some of them could have come a bit sooner for better context, spacing things out rather then dumping it all in the last episode.

I've not played the games so did have to go and check on some of the things after episodes to understand the reference - maybe I had just missed it in earlier episodes or forgotton.

Would look out for a series 2

Back
Top Bottom