FAO Young drivers (17-18)

Rear shot:

P8290005.jpg

(notice dated 106 dash replaced with saxo dash ;))

And the best bit:

PB020040.jpg

Just gotta see about that minor detail....insurance.

Welshy said:
Nice for some eh?

Though to be honest, id rather they didnt do that, people dont learn the value of hard work when they get handed things

even more so when the cars are brand new, not even showroom models !

A friend in uni drives a Porche 911 TURBO to class, i kid you not. He does have a job helping his dad at his solicitor office but i can't think that pays for the car.....

The clutch went after about 6 months thou.....wonder how he did that ! Whats worst is that its not covered by the warranty. lol

Welshy said:
Nice for some eh?

Though to be honest, id rather they didnt do that, people dont learn the value of hard work when they get handed things

I always try and convince myself of that, but I know it's not true :( When they're young they get everything bought for them, then when they're older they invariably end up with some cushy job at their dad's company, and never have to work. Bah.

My first car is soon to be an MK1 MR2 :D

But thats soon like in fox getting a BMW soon :(

You just cant find them anywhere in this country :mad:

But until then i drive mums Subaru L Series Wagon

GT3 said:
17 - 1999 Saxo VTR
18 - 2001 Saxo VTR

Might buy this if I can get the cash together next week:

P9280003.jpg

106 rallye shell, all other parts off 2003 Saxo VTS, cams, exhaust, remap, coilovers, group n exhaust, 1.4 xsi box with quaife limited slip diff, 206 gti brakes, compomotive mo's etc etc 160+ bhp, 6ish seconds to 60, and should stick to the road like **** to a blanket.

Shouldn't cost me much ontop of my car.

Im pretty sure its a 1.1 shell...me and my brother are also considering buying it so be quick ;)

I had a 125CC motorbike for two years from 17. Did about 15k miles in one of those years. Clocks stopped working on it after that!

At 18 I passed my driving test. At 19 after having the bike written off due to a careless driver I splashed out on a multicoloured beat up £500 1.2 Punto that was pretty fun to thrash around in.

I now drive a 1.4 Peugeot 206 Quiksilver and I am 21. Had it nearly 18 months.

Welshy said:
Im 18, and drive my mums...................................wait for it................................................Proton... :o

How the hell do you guys afford these cars at your ages??

Had some spare savings so spent it on a car. All paid by me, all my parents have paid towards my driving was my first 10 driving lessons. I work part time (11 hours a week) by the way.

Last edited:
Welshy said:
How the hell do you guys afford these cars at your ages??

Leave school at 16, start full time work, by the time you are 18 you can be pulling in over 1000 quid a month, if you still live at home this is all disposable income and can be spent on car finance and huge insurance bills.

I was lucky myself and had the car brought for me for my 18th birthday, I own a Corsa 1.2 Sxi. I pay the insurance but I do also have a 600cc sportsbike to run, I did buy and insure the bike myself. A bit rare to have both at 17 (well I am 18 now)

[TW]Fox said:
Leave school at 16, start full time work, by the time you are 18 you can be pulling in over 1000 quid a month, if you still live at home this is all disposable income and can be spent on car finance and huge insurance bills.

thats what i did apart from i went to college and i only got my job bout 3 months ago

[TW]Fox said:
fair enough i suppose, it's just one luxury i cant really afford as a student :p

Back
Top Bottom