Far Cry 5

Associate
Seems ok so far but only done a couple of hours. The screen tear on the map screen is annoying though.....
im also in a couple of hours and yeah the screen tear is a nightmare on the map screen also pop in when on the boats was bad other boats appearing from nowhere apart from that enjoying it so far

Caporegime
I didn't notice it either on the X...

First thing I did was fly a chopper to that big statue of 'Father' and blow it up. Didn't realise choppers had machine guns so I landed and used a rocket launcher.

Soldato
Seems ok so far but only done a couple of hours. The screen tear on the map screen is annoying though.....

Yes that annoyed me too. There is tearing in other places too on the X but very noticeable on the map screen (the 3D map that is). So far not that impressed by how it runs on X, hard to put my finger on it but just doesn't feel right.

Soldato
Yes that annoyed me too. There is tearing in other places too on the X but very noticeable on the map screen (the 3D map that is). So far not that impressed by how it runs on X, hard to put my finger on it but just doesn't feel right.

It does seem to run a bit better on the Pro maybe it’s lower res although it looks the same too me.

Associate

Running it on an LG OLED55c7 and haven't noticed any screen tearing on the 3D Map with the One X. In game performance is good, visuals are great and so far no stutter or dips in fps. Seems well optimised - never thought I'd say that about a Ubi game!

Liking what I've played so far. With the AI being easily separated with a stone's throw and using the Compound Bow for Silence the stealth is a little OP however, on areas with more Mobs I can imagine the gun ho approach may work slightly better with the AI how it is.

Shawrey

Soldato
Running it on an LG OLED55c7 and haven't noticed any screen tearing on the 3D Map with the One X. In game performance is good, visuals are great and so far no stutter or dips in fps. Seems well optimised - never thought I'd say that about a Ubi game!

Liking what I've played so far. With the AI being easily separated with a stone's throw and using the Compound Bow for Silence the stealth is a little OP however, on areas with more Mobs I can imagine the gun ho approach may work slightly better with the AI how it is.

Shawrey

I'm playing on a new Panasonic OLED, absolutely nothing to do with the TV which is set up correctly. There is screen tearing without a doubt so that leaves the Game or the X which has the problem.

Talking of AI, it's not very good really, in fact it laughable in places, very dated. Not AI related but last night an enemy was hiding behind what can only be described as a twig and there was no way to shoot him even at close range.

Also not sure if this is right, but a review saying that the game can be played co-op but only the host game progresses, other players will have to do the missions again. That makes no sense surely.

Associate
I'm playing on a new Panasonic OLED, absolutely nothing to do with the TV which is set up correctly. There is screen tearing without a doubt so that leaves the Game or the X which has the problem.

Talking of AI, it's not very good really, in fact it laughable in places, very dated. Not AI related but last night an enemy was hiding behind what can only be described as a twig and there was no way to shoot him even at close range.

Also not sure if this is right, but a review saying that the game can be played co-op but only the host game progresses, other players will have to do the missions again. That makes no sense surely.

I wasn't accusing your choice of display as the root cause of the issue - I would never knock what other people own as that isn't forum friendly :).
I just haven't noticed the tearing but I will have another go when I get home tonight and report back. Fwiw I have a release day Project Scorpio edition.

Agreed that the AI is a little 'dumb' in places, seems to be very reminiscent of the AI in Wildlands but understand these were made on different Engines. I haven't encountered any invisible wall type affairs yet but only had a quick whiz last night as working late evenings sucks! :o.

This was the same with Wildlands too with the 2nd Person not progressing the story along with the Host, only the Host gets the story progression. Means the 2nd person has to either catch up solo or jump in the next time the Host is playing to continue the story - just not physically unlock the missions etc. It would also mean 2nd players can't get an instant 'completion' should they join the Host at the final mission. Its kind of like jumping in and jumping out of someone's instance.

I'm also thinking it may be because the co-op client is running on the Host and not in the Cloud, the 2nd Person is therefore running P2P to the Host and thus doesn't have saving features enabled due to instance play. This would protect against lost/corrupt saves should the host disconnect or lose Internet.

Shawrey

Soldato
I wasn't accusing your choice of display as the root cause of the issue - I would never knock what other people own as that isn't forum friendly :).
I just haven't noticed the tearing but I will have another go when I get home tonight and report back. Fwiw I have a release day Project Scorpio edition.

Agreed that the AI is a little 'dumb' in places, seems to be very reminiscent of the AI in Wildlands but understand these were made on different Engines. I haven't encountered any invisible wall type affairs yet but only had a quick whiz last night as working late evenings sucks! :o.

This was the same with Wildlands too with the 2nd Person not progressing the story along with the Host, only the Host gets the story progression. Means the 2nd person has to either catch up solo or jump in the next time the Host is playing to continue the story - just not physically unlock the missions etc. It would also mean 2nd players can't get an instant 'completion' should they join the Host at the final mission. Its kind of like jumping in and jumping out of someone's instance.

I'm also thinking it may be because the co-op client is running on the Host and not in the Cloud, the 2nd Person is therefore running P2P to the Host and thus doesn't have saving features enabled due to instance play. This would protect against lost/corrupt saves should the host disconnect or lose Internet.

Shawrey

That's OK I hadn't taken in that way, just meant it was definitely not the TV. I would be interested to hear what you find when you try it tonight, I know some people just don't notice that sort of thing unless it's pointed out but seem to spot it straight it away and then it probably annoys me more by looking for it. I'm also using the Project Scorpio Edition which hasn't been without its issues but seemed to get better after a while, if it is a problem with that then I'll want to get it sorted but I doubt it is.

When I was playing it last night it very much reminded me of Wildlands, probably more Wildlands than Farcry. I can also understand the progression system on an MMO but not so much on what is basically a single player/co-op game, especially if both people played from the start together. It would make more sense for you not being able to play a mission if you have not unlocked the previous missions or something like that.

Soldato
So i am about an hour in. Did a mission where i stole the Aeroplane back from the ranch then just went for a wander. I have noticed that so far there doesn't seem to be a great deal of elevation round most of the outposts making it a little more difficult planning your attack. The graphics are stunning.. I am getting a little annoyed with the amount of baddies that are randomly driving about or just at the side of the road. This makes driving about more of a pain. Time to start sniping i think :D

Back
Top Bottom