• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Far Cry 6 GPU performance not bad at all but is severely bottlenecked by CPU

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well, hype is dying down now and it is not like it is a must play game. If you played a previous Far Cry game then you probably had 90% of the same experience anyway :p

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Well, hype is dying down now and it is not like it is a must play game. If you played a previous Far Cry game then you probably had 90% of the same experience anyway :p

True.

Myself, I never played any of the FarCry series before. My nephew gave me FC3 box but I could never play it as he used to key which tied to his account. I snagged the free giveaway the other day before they release FC6 but never got round to installing it.

So for me its been fresh albeit Ubisoft repetition does whiff in early as I played Valhalla so I can see the points being made.

Its not as gripping as Valhalla was making me want to plough through each day, but I have no reason to blindrun it just to complete it fast!

Thing I have learned about these open world games with plenty of sub/side quests is to take your time and play it your way. Much more enjoyable in short bursts.

Associate
Ubisoft open world games get predictable after a while, you are literally just ticking boxes after a while, clearing camps, climbing towers etc, their worlds are not even that fun to explore, personally last ones ive enjoyed were Witcher 3, Zelda breath of the wild and Red dead redemption 2, i will likely wait for far cry 6 to lower in price since ubisoft games drop in price really quick.

Soldato
Yeah I plan to get RDR2 next for sure. I normally wait for games to be out for a while so we are not treated as beta testers. When I got Valhalla from MM code it had been out for long enough to get a patch and it was far cheaper so win-win.

FC6 I wanted to sample it, got sucked in I guess but I ended up needing to replace a hybrid SSD that was 6 years old so the new Samsung with FC6 was not a difficult decision considering the game either on MM or key sites is ~£30.

Associate
Every other page on the Ubisoft forums has complaints about the textures and all of them on nvidia. Apparently reverting to 471.96 is fixing it for some but not all of them. Worryingly, the Ubisoft devs don’t seem to be prioritising it and are not committed to a time frame so unsure if it will ever be fixed.

In other news, the Crysis remastered trilogy launched with nvidia sponsorship and its running horrible on the 6900XT which is trailing 3090 by almost 20 fps without ray tracing. Sadly,, this trend will be continuing in the future.

Soldato
In other news, the Crysis remastered trilogy launched with nvidia sponsorship and its running horrible on the 6900XT which is trailing 3090 by almost 20 fps without ray tracing. Sadly,, this trend will be continuing in the future.
Nah, that's just Crytek being Crytek. Their "remasters" are an absolute dumpster fire, and even discarding the performance for Radeon the games don't run all that nicely on Nvidia either (just better). I wouldn't read too much into it, they've been a failing developer for years now for a reason, their management is rotten to the core & all their talent left for CIG and other greener pastures long ago.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
True.

Myself, I never played any of the FarCry series before. My nephew gave me FC3 box but I could never play it as he used to key which tied to his account. I snagged the free giveaway the other day before they release FC6 but never got round to installing it.

So for me its been fresh albeit Ubisoft repetition does whiff in early as I played Valhalla so I can see the points being made.

Its not as gripping as Valhalla was making me want to plough through each day, but I have no reason to blindrun it just to complete it fast!

Thing I have learned about these open world games with plenty of sub/side quests is to take your time and play it your way. Much more enjoyable in short bursts.
I have not played a Assassins Creed game since maybe the 2nd one which was probably a decade or so ago. Is Valhalla worth playing? Might get a month sub to play it and then after install Far Cry 6 for the lols :cry:

I am due a clean install of Windows 10 anyway (not upgrading to 11 for another year) so it is a nice time to install ubicrap launcher. Such a shame they just don’t sell their games on steam without the need for launchers. They could just have their games exclusive to their platform for a year then give us a proper steam version and I would consider picking up some of their games when on sale. As it is I refuse.

Soldato
I have not played a Assassins Creed game since maybe the 2nd one which was probably a decade or so ago. Is Valhalla worth playing?

I loved it but I was always into vikings, odyssey was in the greek mythology which I picked up on sale for a few quid but not played it much as you can get too much of the same game. Its definitely worth a play especially on offer prices, again play it at your own pace try not to watch the videos about on how to 'make the best build', 'get these items early' as all you will do is spoil the game making it too easy. Put difficulty on high and try to let the story suck you in for the affect (I wore over ear headphones throughout and it helps).

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I loved it but I was always into vikings, odyssey was in the greek mythology which I picked up on sale for a few quid but not played it much as you can get too much of the same game. Its definitely worth a play especially on offer prices, again play it at your own pace try not to watch the videos about on how to 'make the best build', 'get these items early' as all you will do is spoil the game making it too easy. Put difficulty on high and try to let the story suck you in for the affect (I wore over ear headphones throughout and it helps).
Cool. I will give it a go when I get the monthly pass thing. Will try that first. Will probably take me 3 weeks to complete it at least as it seems to be a big game. Then 1 week for far cry 6 should be enough and hopefully by then there will a patch or two. If not I can always play it next year when I have a card with at least 16gb vram :p

Soldato
Nah, that's just Crytek being Crytek. Their "remasters" are an absolute dumpster fire, and even discarding the performance for Radeon the games don't run all that nicely on Nvidia either (just better). I wouldn't read too much into it, they've been a failing developer for years now for a reason, their management is rotten to the core & all their talent left for CIG and other greener pastures long ago.
Weren't you defending the Crysis 1 remaster when it was released, what changed? :p

Caporegime
Far Cry 6 seems to run okay on a 6700 XT at 1440P maximum settings, just recorded some gameplay and separately the benchmark sequence.

I played for 11 minutes and did not see any texture issues that I could notice. Perhaps issues would pop up If i continued for longer, not sure.

Video memory usage peaked at 10.1GB, but seemed to be below 10GB for most of the video.

Didn't see it climb above 10gb in the benchmark sequence.

Will add the other footage once its uploaded. @Shaz12

Soldato
Cool. I will give it a go when I get the monthly pass thing. Will try that first. Will probably take me 3 weeks to complete it at least as it seems to be a big game. Then 1 week for far cry 6 should be enough and hopefully by then there will a patch or two. If not I can always play it next year when I have a card with at least 16gb vram :p

Sounds like a great tactic.

Soldato
Far Cry 6 seems to run okay on a 6700 XT at 1440P maximum settings, just recorded some gameplay and separately the benchmark sequence.
Video memory usage peaked at 10.1GB, but seemed to be below 10GB for most of the video.

Sounds like nvidia need to work on their drivers. If they cant come up with a issue note in their next driver we will just have to wait. Thanks Matt.

Caporegime
I stuck my 6800 XT in which is an engineering sample so it's a bit of a dog in terms of overclocking, so I settle on stock clock of 2399Mhz and undervolting as it's an MBA card.

I would not really consider it playable at 4K max settings in terms of FPS, with FPS dropping into the low 50s quite often, especially in the first base.

However when i switch to the overclocked Sapphire Extreme, that extra up to 20% performance increase makes all the difference and it switches to fully playable with minimum FPS only just under 60 in absolute worst case scenario and averages well above that.

Not very often you see that moving up one tier in graphics can be the difference between playable and unplayable.

Subjective of course, someone could argue lows of 50 is acceptable, but on the OLED I can feel the FPS when they go below 55 or thereabouts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom