• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Far Cry 6 GPU performance not bad at all but is severely bottlenecked by CPU

Permabanned
Had some spare time today so wanted to follow up with a video similar to what you posted above, only this is a 30 minute recording. Have a look and see what you think of the performance and FPS numbers in comparison.

Far Cry 6, 4k + Max Settings + HD Textures + Ray Tracing.
6900 XT is a straight beast, nice to see it handling the DXR stuff nicely.
I ordered Far cry 3 Classic for my XBOX One X sealed brand new (Italian Import but English everything in game)
The only true modern FC game I enjoyed.

Permabanned
That's not a Gsync or compatible though its Freesync ?
If I enable Freesync on my monitor, the option shows up in NVCP when I reset the PC. "Gsync compatible".

Untitled.png

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
LOL!

In fairness though the textures only make small differences from my experience, my card shitz brix though with it on.

I know, lol, its not the point though. Anyone man enough would own up to accepting the 10GB is being pulled up; denying it just proves people will blindly ignore evidence simply because in examples given, they get emotional or attachment to the hardware. We will see when the other variants of the 3080 12GB models that can last for years longer.

The confirmation in the other thread was the sentence passing comment of - only lasting a generation.. implying their cop out that by moving on swiftly it alleviates their current narrative.

At the start I've said the current round of GPUs don't have the grunt to last more than a generation...
I've said 10GB is plenty this round

So have we become the throw away society now replacing cards every generation? I know there will be plenty of owners, thousands upon thousands who wont be moving on anytime soon. Some have only just managed to get one.

Caporegime

:cry:

I know, lol, its not the point though. Anyone man enough would own up to accepting the 10GB is being pulled up; denying it just proves people will blindly ignore evidence simply because in examples given, they get emotional or attachment to the hardware. We will see when the other variants of the 3080 12GB models that can last for years longer.

The confirmation in the other thread was the sentence passing comment of - only lasting a generation.. implying their cop out that by moving on swiftly it alleviates their current narrative.

So have we become the throw away society now replacing cards every generation? I know there will be plenty of owners, thousands upon thousands who wont be moving on anytime soon. Some have only just managed to get one.

Lets just say that the 3080 10gb started to struggle in several games in the next year here and a 3080 12gb could keep the texture or whatever setting one notch higher.....

Do you really think that spending the extra £500+ just for an extra 2GB of vram is really going to pay of when a 4070 is going to launch and match/beat a 3090ti for £500........ :cry:

As you love to keep quoting your pal Steve with regards to the "should really have more vram when spending £500+ on a gpu"....

Logic out the door :cry:

@TNA Seems you need to teach people the way of your shuffle before it's too late and lots of money is lost :D But you know how the saying goes, a fool and his money....

Back
Top Bottom