FarCry2 ships with Securom DRM

Soldato
after year u will try install far cry2 and the message will pop up u installed and uninstalled the game 3 times buzz of how would u feel. after all u bought it it is yours and u suppose to use how many times u want. not 3 times

Associate
- meaning nearly every 1tb drive, as i mean new as in the capacity is new not the later gens.

My point was that at the time that I bought the Raptors there was nothing to touch them, hence the NEW statement. The NEW or relatively NEW load of HDDs are a match, but they weren't available back in the day :)

No the inportant word is "faster" as for prolonged read/write (ie installing) they wipe the floor with raptors, which only just about win in random access.

I'm not worried about install times, it's the random access that's important in gaming ... I think?

Soldato
I prefer this system because it allows you to play the game without putting the disk in without needing to find a crack.

I'm not going to get the game on 360 because it will be poor compared to the PC one, this type of game is what PC does best.

Soldato
As always people overreact to these issues....

Almost every PC game ever made once installed if it does not require a disc check (or you bypass it) then when you rebuild your system just do not format the HD or backup the game folders beforehand as I guarantee you most do not touch the registry so you can just make a shortcut to the game exe then play again without any need to reinstall or reactivate.

Only game I know of so far which needs to recheck online activation status is Mass Effect. Securom is actually a good thing as most are now removing the disc check so once installed & activated you no longer need to put the dvd in the drive.

Storm in a teacup as when you uninstall it free's your install token up anyway!!

Soldato
Of course it will. Im sure no company has ever created a security that means you can only intall 3 times ever.

Everyone who moaned at the beginning of this thread are ignorant.

*cough* SPORE *cough*

To have called everyone who moaned in the thread "ignorant" displays far more ignorance than any of the anti-DRM lot.

Soldato
Of course it will. Im sure no company has ever created a security that means you can only intall 3 times ever.

Everyone who moaned at the beginning of this thread are ignorant.
Erm, Bioshock? The problem I have with this turd system, and i imagine most other ppl, is that we all know how flaky uninstall programs can be - i.e. even WITHOUT hardware failure, you might not be able to get the "Token" for an install back.

How do these queries sound?
If you lose a motherboard to failure, do you lose a token?
If your HDD dies, do you lose a token?
If you upgrade your CPU and board, do you lose a token?
If you upgrade your graphics card and change vendor, do you lose a token?

Without answers to the above, we're in the dark! With answers to the above, we're still being treated like criminals AND expected to PAY for the privelege!

Which part of NO do these games companies not understand!

I just bought Hells Highway last week, great game - I want to buy FarCry 2.... but im not buying it with this rubbish in place. Simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom