US: Fargo

Caporegime
Recently watched seasons 1 and 2 when I had some time to kill - not bad but season 3 I just can't get into 1.5 episodes in and I've lost all interest and can't see myself going back to it.
Season 3 took a little while to warm up but then it gets really gripping. There are some stand-out performances, for example from David Thewlis as Varga, who is literally one of the most evil mofos I have ever seen portrayed on screen. His performance actually made me angry to watch. Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Nikki Swango I also loved, she has so much heart and I was really cheering for her at the end. Russell Harvard as Mr. Wrench was also really cool and also heart-warming.

I would recommend to stick with it as it really starts to bloom, but of course it's up to you!

He won't

The main story for s4 is around Chris Rock and his family / gang against stereotypical Italians in the 50s / 60s, don't get how that is 'woke'

I watched the first episode and it was total rubbish I recall. I have wiped it from my memory but recall it was woke and badly written. I gave up after the first one. Loved the rest of the other three series. I have no plans to refresh my memory on it and thought that would be the last season for it.

Soldato
I watched the first episode and it was total rubbish I recall. I have wiped it from my memory but recall it was woke and badly written. I gave up after the first one.
I would suggest then, that your opinion probably isn't as useful as those that watched it all with a more open mind :p I can't remember it too well either, but I think I quite enjoyed it.

Man of Honour
I just can't get into season 3 or 4 - not to say they are bad but seasons 1 and 2 had a certain something which the later seasons lack - I'll watch an episode but quickly lose interest.

I would suggest then, that your opinion probably isn't as useful as those that watched it all with a more open mind :p I can't remember it too well either, but I think I quite enjoyed it.
What in my reply indicated a closed mind? I found the new episode woke so I stopped watching the series. Not keen on being preached at or being told how evil/pathetic I am for being a white male. I may be remembering it wrong though but I certainly didn't enjoy it and never got past the first episode.

Last edited:
Soldato
Excellent! Can't wait for the next series.
I found S4 just as good as the others, brilliant and interesting ending that loops back into the series. Jason Schwartzman, Chris Rock, Salvatore Esposito (Genny from Gomorrah) and Jessie Buckley were fantastic.

I don't see how any of it was "woke". But that did make me chuckle.

Caporegime
I watched the first episode and it was total rubbish I recall. I have wiped it from my memory but recall it was woke and badly written. I gave up after the first one. Loved the rest of the other three series. I have no plans to refresh my memory on it and thought that would be the last season for it.

What in my reply indicated a closed mind? I found the new episode woke so I stopped watching the series. Not keen on being preached at or being told how evil/pathetic I am for being a white male.
I think its because you are unable to even articulate the basics of why you found it woke. That you then mention being accused of being an "evil, pathetic white male" (seriously, wtf) lends me to think your 'wokeness concerns' were centered around racial representation on the TV screen? :confused:

Soldato
Just watched the first 2 episodes of season 5 and agree with the above post.

Must give season 3 another chance as I just couldn't get into it for some reason.

Associate
Just watched the first 2 episodes of season 5 and agree with the above post.

Must give season 3 another chance as I just couldn't get into it for some reason.
I thought s3 was ok, but would have still rated them 2,1,3,4.

Much as I like Chris Rock and also Millers Crossing which I presume S4 was at least influenced by, it didnt quite work. So far S5 feels better, much more edge and unpleasant bad guys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom