US: Fargo

Just watched the first 2 episodes of season 5 and agree with the above post.

Must give season 3 another chance as I just couldn't get into it for some reason.

I found S3 took a while to warm up, I wasn't as instantly invested in it as I was in the previous two series. Once it got going though, it's definitely in the top 5 Fargo seasons. :D

Soldato
I thought s3 was ok, but would have still rated them 2,1,3,4.

Much as I like Chris Rock and also Millers Crossing which I presume S4 was at least influenced by, it didnt quite work. So far S5 feels better, much more edge and unpleasant bad guys.

I found S3 took a while to warm up, I wasn't as instantly invested in it as I was in the previous two series. Once it got going though, it's definitely in the top 5 Fargo seasons. :D

I will give it another go at some point, think the problem was as Randal said it takes a while to warm up. :)

Soldato
Watched first two episodes of the current season, OK but still doesn't quite have the aura of the first two seasons. I guess we just have to accept that it isn't as good as it once was. Did they change production company/budget or something? Maybe they just ran out of ideas?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Personally I find it needs a very fine mix of ingredients to work - dry but not too dry, underlying black comedy but not comical, stand out characters but not too much like caricatures, etc. well made but not too refined - seasons 1 and 2 got it but 3 onwards I just don't find hit the spot.

Soldato
I watched the first episode of s3 last night as i noticed they were on Prime. It was a bit meh but i will stick with it for a few episodes as Mary Elizabeth Winsted looked pretty hot. The first series was great, the second was a bit meh and they i stopped watching it. Will see how this pans out.

Associate
I missed S4, but I really enjoyed S1-3 and agree they vary in quality, overall decent.

Started S5 last night and the released episodes, its good! Likely watch S4 at some point now I know these are on Prime - thanks for the tip @hudson86

Associate
Nice, did not know this was out. I'll echo what was said above, 3 and 4 were pretty weak imo, I can't even remember I'd I finished season 4

Will give this a go though

Soldato
Anyone still watching the latest series? I stopped watching after 3 episodes then binged a few recently and it really is heating up now. I think it's definitely a show best watched a few episodes at a time.

The acting and (I think someone else called this out previously) the characters are excellent. Story line is OK. Cinematography is top notch. The show is great at building tension.

I wish it was a little bit darker/edgier (or maybe even just a bit less formula driven, good v bad etc) as I think it would make it 10/10 but it's not far off currently, especially when you compare it to other TV shows rather than previous series of this show.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm still watching the latest series, it was a bit slow but like you have said it's heating up. Looking forwards to this Wednesday's episode look's like it's all going to kick off. Still need to get around to watching season 3 as I gave up after a couple of episodes.

Soldato
I really liked the latest series, but found the last two episodes a little lacklustre
(barring the prison and dinner scenes) and the cgi fog was just odd at the ranch fight etc

Last edited:
Soldato
So I started watching this show and got through two episodes, but then I kinda forgot about it because it only came out once a week. Do you know if the series is done yet or not?
Yes, it has finsihed. I suggest binge-watching a few episodes, it starts off slow but then builds up :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Loving the music selection in Season 5.

The classical re-recording of Brittany Spear's Toxic as he's walking out to the hut, to represent the toxic relationship.

Then the YCMA as all the MAGA nuts are driving up to the ranch, ******* hilarious. :D

"To fight a tiger in a cage, is not a fair fight" :D

Such a good season. The lead actress and the crazy dude is phenomenal in it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh man, that last episode. So good, also didn't expect that last half hour at all, but really riveting considering the change of pace. 5 Star season that. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom