US: Fear the Walking Dead

J.T

J.T

Soldato
If anything there should be more zombies in this. 7 billion people just waiting to turn :)

But two years doesn't make any sense, that would mean Zombies where around two years before Rick was in his coma why did no one know about them already... :confused:

J.T

J.T

Soldato
...according to another poster on the main twd thread he said its set 2 years before twd...

I was going by this post above.

If it was set 2 years before TWD we would have a lot of time to fill with no Zombies, assume the above is just wrong then?

EDIT: Just re-read TWD main thread, I think I see where the 2 years came from, looks like R3X just got the wrong end of the stick. :)

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
How hard is it to get? It's set when it all started. If you can't get that you're just being obtuse for the sake of it.

Sorry got confused about that whole 2 years comment on the main twd thread, appears got the wrong end of the stick.

Btw chill, its a show about zombies after all :D

Soldato
This will be good :)

Be interesting what tack they take with it as it could potentially run the same ground that WD has. Be interesting to see if it crosses over with the main series at some point too.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Yup a shawn of the dead moment where both parties just pass and eye ball each other :)

Its why many are discussing the time zones of both shows and if both can cross over and connect its the ultimate geek cross overs, hopefully that is exactly what they do.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Yeah it was mentioned already by someone on the other thread the writers rejected that idea but its after the whole marvel universe or the Avengers effect, I would say the temptation to cross over is too much even for the writers let alone the fans.

Imagine if both groups team up vs 1000 walkers, some will make it some wont....

Caporegime
I've just bought the hardcovers 1-11 and read the first one and it's very different from the show.

I would suggest people read the comics especially if you have seen the show as you can easily see all the differences.

The first one was available online recently for £10 and they hold their value a lot better than blu rays do unless you got one of the limited edition collector copies.

Caporegime
You obviously don't like comics then.

Have you read anything by Frank Miller, etc? I assume you haven't since you don't even think they are worth paying for and admit to pirating them.

Also you have given away comic book spoilers.

Y the Last Man is another series worth looking into if you like comics as well as Frank Millers Batman and Sin City.

You also cannot appreciate the artwork as well unless you see it in person IMO. I think the hardcovers are worth buying for the artwork alone especially the last 20 or so pages.

Your comparing both without realising it's been adapted to fit tv. Comics usually have to be more darker and sinister as tv shows are made for mainstream masses. Comics suit a different niche.

If you like the walking dead then I think people should buy the first hardcover to give the comics a go. Don't pirate them it's not the same thing as having the hardcover.

Back
Top Bottom