1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear the Walking Dead

Discussion in 'US TV shows discussion.' started by Kyo, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Deluxe1

Soldato

It's all over the place which is doing my head in.

2. Kyo

Soldato

Rian Johnson must be directing and writing this season.

3. Malevolence

Capodecina

It's only two time periods, hardly difficult to follow.

4. Rroff

Man of Honour

Don't forget there are flashbacks for some of the new characters as well - episode 5 mostly focuses on John's experiences before meeting up with the rest which adds another time period and we see bits of other characters experiences that would be in the same time period as well (which might technically coincide time wise with the events at the stadium but its still effectively another timeline).

5. arknor

Caporegime

this show went from being kinda good to being utter crap

6. TNA

Capodecina

Yeah. This season has been a bit poor. Especially the last few episodes. Got to the point where they could all die and I would not care. The writing is just so poor.

7. npinn001

Gangster

This type of show does have a limited span. This (for me) has been better than the walking dead but its hitting the same issues.

8. LiamC

Wise Guy

Its so so bad.

Is nick even dead?

9. Kyo

Soldato

It's not that bad enjoyed the last episode.

10. TNA

Capodecina

He is. It just seems confusing as they keep changing timelines.

We will keep watching, but it could be so much better :(

11. Rroff

Man of Honour

I believe they brought a load of writers from the main show over - kind of shows IMO with the increased use of cheap character development tricks and spending a lot of time covering or re-covering the same ground over and over and so on - gonna end up killing the show for me same as the main show.

12. npinn001

Gangster

That explains a lot actually. Re-covering the same ground, that's exactly it.

13. Rroff

Man of Honour

Just watched episode 8 - so we don't actually see Madison's fate and we get to endure another 10 odd minutes of people talking into the camera (not counting the other parts of the episode)... can they just fire the writers from TWD and get on with some actual story telling/character development than cheap, boring, tricks.

EDIT: The next episode when its back again better be spectacular or I'm done - though a season break at this point really isn't doing the show any favours either.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  14. Kyo

Soldato

LoL you have been saying that in almost every thread you posted. If its that bad why continue to watch it if it irritates you that much?

15. Rroff

Man of Honour

TWD I said that and then stopped watching it - I've not watched the finale of 7 or any of season 8. This one I gave up on season two but season three people were more positive so I gave it another chance - if the next episode is poor I won't continue with it.

Seems I'm not alone https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...isode-8-review-total-trainwreck/#2268365e40ac

16. Kyo

Soldato

No worries mate was pulling your leg, everyone entitled to their opinion. :)

17. Kyo

Soldato

Cole jumped here!

18. Kyo

Soldato

Not sure if anyone else watching but Mixed feelings about this season. Still enjoying it with some good parts but...

Aaron standford's character was pointless.

19. Rroff

Man of Honour

I've found it pretty flat/dreary - not offensive enough to stop watching it - they seem to have avoided anything too stupid or too much talking to the camera in the second half but not interesting enough to really grab me either though I actually thought episode 15 was alright. They've actually boiled it down to a fairly interesting cast now but I doubt they will do anything with the potential. That crazy women has outstayed anything interesting but I suspect will heavily dominate going forward for a bit :( I hope they don't do a whole season around her like with Negan.

20. mmj_uk

Capodecina

Without reading too much of the trhread to avoid spoilers should season 4 be avoided then? I've quite enjoyed the first 3 seasons compared to recent TWD seasons.