FF's trying to get back on the wagon training

As long as you are consistent with your choice of either strict or strict-->push press then it'll be fine. I'd track both separately though.

Your dumbell exercises are mad, though.

50kg dumbell snatch? :eek:

I like dumbell work for the stability and core work you get. :)

I reckon I could hit 60kg snatch or more.

I love a bit of snatch me... ;) :D

As long as you are consistent with your choice of either strict or strict-->push press then it'll be fine. I'd track both separately though.

Yeah agreed. Hence why I didn't bother doing any PP - but form was starting to struggle. I thought that since I was doing DB PP I'd stop myself from doing it. :)

Day 4

Absolutely exhausted today. Really did not feel up to training or motivated - haven't been sleeping well, but still dug deep and got on it. :( :mad:

Squat:

Bar x lots
60x10
60x10

Working sets:

92.5x5
107.5x5
122.5x10 (could have probably squeezed another 1 or 2 out at least - but legs felt like they were cramping up a little :/ Which is weird as I've never got that before.)
I decided to do a dropset of 60x10 just for ***** and giggles.

Walking DB Lunges

18x8
18x8
18x8
18x12 :'(

Single leg DB RDLs

16x6
16x6
16x10

Palof press

4x10 (can't remember the weight :()

I could have and should have done more volume on the additional exercises. However, I just felt knackered.

Bosh! Good work

If you're feeling crampy, a 20+ rep drop set is actually awesome for squats. You will feel terrible and then a lot better :D

Hehe - I love the pain if I'm honest. I know it's no indication that you've done more work - but it's a feeling I strive for. :o

Looking forward to getting back to repping 160 for 10!

Love squats, my favourite exercise at the moment. Just wish I didn't feel like my body had been hit by a car after doing heavy squats twice a week.

I'll probably be doing squats twice every 10 days, so not quite twice a week, but I know the feeling.

Walking lunges for me almost kill me. I love them though - they are such an important accessory exercise.

My favourite day is the deadlift and "pull" day. Really love pulling exercises by far.

Day 5

Bench Press Now down to 3 reps

Warmup sets:

Bar x lots
50kg x 12

Working sets:

75x3
87.5x3
97.5x9

Dropset 60x15 for ***** and giggles

Dips

BWx5
15x5
20x5
30x5
35x5

Alternating DB Incline bench

28x6 x3 sets

Palof Press

4x10

Shoulder so far is doing ok. I'm nailing the mobility, stretches and warm ups. I felt a bit more confident under the bar.

Steedie - those dips are a result of my "silly" exercises ;)

Yeah those DB presses are hard work.

I somehow managed to roll over my hand last night spraining 2 fingers :/ In agony! :(

Day 6

**** long week, not had the time to get to the gym, knackered, but pulled my finger out. Trained late though so eating late :( A bit delayed for this session... but hey better late than never right?

Deadlift - 3 rep week

Warmup sets x lots

Working sets:

132.5x3
150.5x3
170x10 - could have got 2 more, wasn't that hard, though towards the end i did take 3-4s breaks between reps.

Pull-ups (medium width) rep only counted if chin gets over bar, and full extension at bottom of rep:

BWx5
10x5
15x5
20x5
25x6
BWx8

DB Row:

42x5
42x5
42x5
42x8

Was struggling with the pull ups, so thought I'd try and rep out more on 25kg and just add a BW drop set. Added a bit more volume on the DB rows - they were haaaaard!

Not displeased with that session.

Ugh.. Shoulders tomorrow :(

Back
Top Bottom