FF's trying to get back on the wagon training

It was a good idea to do a log - thanks Stoodles. At least it means that I feel somewhat obligated to do something!

Dips are good because of all the ring dips i've done. When I put on a bit of weight again the numbers may come down - but perhaps I'll get stronger still! :D

Begbie - glad I can serve some motivation - it was amazing to here Icecold tell me that I was partially responsible for his beast-like development.

I know you've got to train for yourself - but sometimes it's nice to hear that people are actually interested in seeing you develop and you're almost inclined to do it for others!

Looking forward to my deload if I'm honest! However, I'm enjoying the triumvirate style of training - it's got some volume, and big weights - which is all I'm interested in at the moment.

Deload week will have more box jumping, and "silly" exercises I'm afraid ;) :p

I think those "silly" exercises are almost as badass as they come, and made even more so when you can still shift weight on the more traditional lifts. Makes me want to go back to gymnastics but I'm just too tight to pay :p.

It was a good idea to do a log - thanks Stoodles. At least it means that I feel somewhat obligated to do something!

Dips are good because of all the ring dips i've done. When I put on a bit of weight again the numbers may come down - but perhaps I'll get stronger still! :D

Begbie - glad I can serve some motivation - it was amazing to here Icecold tell me that I was partially responsible for his beast-like development.

I know you've got to train for yourself - but sometimes it's nice to hear that people are actually interested in seeing you develop and you're almost inclined to do it for others!

Looking forward to my deload if I'm honest! However, I'm enjoying the triumvirate style of training - it's got some volume, and big weights - which is all I'm interested in at the moment.

Deload week will have more box jumping, and "silly" exercises I'm afraid ;) :p

Pffffft box jumping are not silly exercises - real men box job. I enjoy doing them with some skipping, bag work, push-ups then box jumps and rinse repeat!

Need to start doing more of this kind of cardio more often.

Day 10

Deadlift - 5/3/1 rep week

Warmup

60x12
100x10

Working sets:

142.5x5
160x3
180x9 - :cool: Ok towards the end I was taking about 10s between each rep to recover and compose myself - however that felt good, pretty solid. Form was reasonable towards the end - probably started to weaken (understandably).

Dropset (:eek: )

100x10

Pull-ups (medium width) rep only counted if chin gets over bar, and full extension at bottom of rep:

BWx5
10x5
20x5
30x5 - messy as hell on the last 2 reps, no swinging though ;) :p
25x5
BWx8

DB Row:

42x6
42x6
42x8

Was very fatigued by this point I didn't have much left in me.

Straight arm - straight bar, cable pull down

4x10 @ 27.5

Time for lots of food! :D

Day 11

Ugh Shoulders again :(

OHP - 5/3/1 day:

Warmup sets

Bar x12
30x10

Working sets:

50x5
57.5x3
65x4 - that 4th rep was not clean it wasn't a push press, but I definitely felt my left shoulder saying "I am afraid I cannot do that Dave. I shall not acquiesce to your request. You shall not past. We will not be moved...." It moved, got there.... just. I ****ing hate shoulder work.

Dropset:

50x8

Cable Side Raises

7.5x6
7.5x8
7.5x8
7.5x8

DB Seated Press:

20x8
22x8
24x8
26x6
28x6

Leg raises with 2s hold at top

5 reps
7 reps
8 reps
9 reps

Don't know why they increased... but there you go! :p

Thank goodness for deload next week.

I can sympathise with that FF, my shoulders have always been weak as ****, I also just don't enjoy doing them which makes the whole experience even more annoying.

Still, it seems like it's not going too badly and that there is some progression happening so you must be going about it the right way :).

Day 12

5/3/1 rep squat day.

Squat:

Bar x lots
60x12
80x10

Working sets:

107.5x5
122.5x3
137.5x9 (annoyingly another few reps were possible :/ My depth wasn't good enough towards the end - and form was a little wobbly towards the end, but still felt as though I had some left in the tank. :/ How weird? :( )

Dropset 100x14 - :cool:

Walking DB Lunges

20x6
24x7
24x7
24x7

DB Single Leg RDLs

18x5
20x5
22x5

Goblet squat with pulse:

14x8x4

Squats are my second best lifts. Fortunately the numbers reflect this!

Deload now - lots mobility and explosive work for a week then back on it. Cycle 2 is going to start getting more fun! :D

Back
Top Bottom