FIA Formula E Championship

Man of Honour
OP
Cool, another established team, but 4th, who was the third then.

Edit nvm it lists them in that article.

More announcments in coming weeks and full grid by end of november, wonder who the other 6 teams will be.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Thats a shame, looks like London will be the last race of the season now, rather than the first due to logistics.
Perhaps its because of the f1 complaints about next year with all the flying between races.

Wonder who will have the first race, it must be one of the far ones, as they must be clumping all the euro races together which due to London being at the London, must be the second half of the season. Was looking forward to seeing the first ever race live.

Soldato
From the tone of the article I was reading on this earlier in the week (http://www.pitpass.com/49986/London-Formula-E-race-moved-to-2015) I got the impression that the 'logistical issues' relate more to actually organising the London race and that grouping the European races together is a convenient side effect which allows them to put a positive spin on it.

It looks like they haven't even decided where in London they're actually going to run it yet.

First race is stated in there as being in Beijing

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah lot of noise about wemberly, medium noise for olympic park and outsider westminster (pretty sure thats publicity rather than a possibility)

Man of Honour
OP
Proposed Calendar

gpw3.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Aw that early, looks good to me, another 4 teams to be announced, soon. Whatever soon means, that leaves just two other teams to pick, apparently from over 20 applicants fighting for those two spots.

Soldato
wave of the future. will watch early races for sure and reserve judgement

but they need a sound engineer for that engine sound - car manufacturers spend hours working on sound of car doors closing, I hope they can come with something better than what I have heard on the vids; hire the guy that did Star Wars sound effects or something.

Last edited:
Associate
looks awesome.

and starting to grow to like the sound i like all the clunks and odd noises on the burnout video.

should be awesome to watch. If it's as good as it's starting to sound then i'll try to grab some tickets for the London one.

Man of Honour
OP
Hell yeah. They'll be number 1 team to support, followed by drayson.

Now in the second season i want them or another group. To get these prototype batteries out of the lab and into the car. Even if they cant mass produce them at the moment. Change are car, pfft.

Back
Top Bottom