FIA Formula E Championship

Man of Honour
OP
Wtf Malaysia round, postponed by 5 weeks. Why you ask?
Can't understand why they would do that.

a request from the office of the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Najib Razak.

Due to other commitments, he will be unable to attend the race on its original date and has asked for it to be rescheduled for a more convenient time.

Formula E boss Alejandro Agag confirmed the deferment, saying: "The Prime Minister has been fundamental to the Formula E Championship racing in Malaysia and, following lengthy consultation with the FIA and local motorsport federation, Formula E has decided to honour the request to reschedule the race."

New calendar
September 13 2014 Beijing (CN)
November 22 2014 Putrajaya (MAL)
December 13 2014 Punta del Este (UY)
January 10 2015 Buenos Aires (RA)
February 14 2015 tba
March 14 2015 Miami (USA)
April 4 2015 Long Beach (USA)
May 9 2015 Monte Carlo (MC)
May 30 2015 Berlin (D)
June 27 2015 London (GB)

Soldato
Looks like a decent line up of venues and drivers. Not keen on the voting thing, but it does get the series some press.

Is the Monte Carlo circuit going to be the same as the F1 circuit layout? Be interesting to compare laps - though I know these aren't in the same league.

Caporegime
Formula E completed its first race simulation, including pit stops:

The car swaps are going to take 1 minute in the garage, plus navigating a slow and long pitlane, so likely 1:30 pit entry to exit at least, maybe more like 2 minutes.

I assume everyone will pit at the same time? Meaning its going to be more like 2 sprint races than one long race.

Soldato
FIA Formula E Championships Preview

Saturday 6th September on ITV4 from 6:00pm to 7:00pm

Jennie Gow previews the new FIA Formula E Championship, the world's first fully-electric racing series.
The new single-seater championship, which starts on September 13th in Beijing, features street circuits in iconic cities like Los Angeles, Berlin and Buenos Aires, with the final Formula E race to be held in London.
Team backers include Hollywood actor, Leonardo Di Caprio, and Virgin entrepreneur, Richard Branson, and among the drivers are experienced Formula 1 campaigners Jarno Trulli, Nick Heidfeld and Bruno Senna.

Freeview - Channel 24
Freesat - Channel 117
Sky - Channel 120

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Don't forget preview tonight, get choosing your teams/drivers

FIA Formula E Championships Preview

Saturday 6th September on ITV4 from 6:00pm to 7:00pm

Jennie Gow previews the new FIA Formula E Championship, the world's first fully-electric racing series.
The new single-seater championship, which starts on September 13th in Beijing, features street circuits in iconic cities like Los Angeles, Berlin and Buenos Aires, with the final Formula E race to be held in London.
Team backers include Hollywood actor, Leonardo Di Caprio, and Virgin entrepreneur, Richard Branson, and among the drivers are experienced Formula 1 campaigners Jarno Trulli, Nick Heidfeld and Bruno Senna.

Freeview - Channel 24
Freesat - Channel 117
Sky - Channel 120

Man of Honour
Was a good program, so many ex F1 drivers on there. I'm going to be rooting for Mahindra - Chandhok and Senna :cool:

Only stupid thing is the fan boost, hopefully that gets dropped.

Man of Honour
OP
Yep fan boost is silly.
Sebastian Buemi (sp) set the fastest time in ever session didn't he. He's going to be hard to beat.

First seasons going to be interesting, it's when they build there own things will heat up.

Nice having it all on one day.

Points for pole, is great.
Not sure about fastest lap. On the one hand if your having a bad race you can ditch the race and just go faster lap.

Do many names and teams to learn.

Going to be an interesting day next weekend.

Caporegime
Do they have the restriction on fastest lap that you need to be in the top 10, like they did in GP2? It stops drivers at the back bolting on fresh tyres and nabbing a point (not that this could happen in FE, but they could save power and boosts?).

Also, I can see this single spec series running for quite a few seasons, not that it will be a problem. 1 team having its own superior car against a field of spec Sparks will suck. The other option is 2 or 3 manufacturers producing cars that multiple teams run, which would be good.

Sam Bird at Virgin Racing gets my support.

Last edited:
Soldato
Only just realised it's a month between races! :eek:

Suppose it'll keep chugging a way over the winter though which is nice.

Still haven't settled on who to support... Even convinced the gf to choose in the hope she gets into it :D (she's gone for Trulli :eek::p)

Soldato
Also, I can see this single spec series running for quite a few seasons, not that it will be a problem. 1 team having its own superior car against a field of spec Sparks will suck. The other option is 2 or 3 manufacturers producing cars that multiple teams run, which would be good.

Sam Bird at Virgin Racing gets my support.

Even with the spec car, it's obvious that the likes of DAMS have superior preparation to some other teams (*cough* Dragon).

Soldato
Formula E

Can't seem to find any threads on this, starting this month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motorsport/26482236
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28144411

Car specs.

Top speed: 220 km/h A
Acceleration: 0 to 100 in 3 seconds
Power: 180 KW
Weight: 780 Kg
Gearbox: 2 gears
Batteries: Lithium ion
Voltage: 800 volts
Range: 25 minutes appx
Charging time: 90 mins (Approx)

Starts in China this weekend, be interesting to see what the racing is like, shame about the 25min battery time.
Has a few old f1 drivers such as De Grassi, Piquet, Buemi, B Senna, Trulli, Heindfeld. Also two women drivers :o
Not nearly as fast as F1 which surprised me a little, I thought electric cars had advanced to a similar spec, this is more GP2 acceleration but no top speed what so ever as it has been limited. (can only assume due to battery capacity)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom