FIA WEC 2017 Championship

Man of Honour
Mercedes out of DTM for Formula E too. I despise what the sport I once loved is becoming at the highest levels and feel sorry for generations that will never get to experience what I was lucky to experience and the reason why I have such sadness for the sport today.

Soldato
I guess that's the end of LMP1H then.

End of LMP1 full stop. Whatever they do now won't be in place for next year so we'll have the LMP2 teams battling for overall victories, including at Le Mans.

Only two years ago we had Audi, Porsche, Toyota and Nissan. Now it's in pieces.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
It's a sad day and It's the end of WEC (LMP1) for me. :(

I can see why they want to push for Formula E but I am struggling to find any interest in it as the tech really isn't here yet.

Where does it all go now? Also did the FIA/ACO drive them all away?

Associate
End of LMP1 full stop. Whatever they do now won't be in place for next year so we'll have the LMP2 teams battling for overall victories, including at Le Mans.

Only two years ago we had Audi, Porsche, Toyota and Nissan. Now it's in pieces.

Cant believe how quickly it fell apart, especially as was very competitive and seemed to get a lot of attention. The cars were awesome bits of kit and the speed of them was spectacular. Cant imagine that anything will be sorted for next year and with the big regulation change in a few years cant imagine anyone wanting to commit to lmp1 until then.

Soldato
Next year the new generation of LMP1 privateer hits, and without manufacturers eclipsing them, there may be more interest. There's at least a couple of teams in privateer next year, so this needn't be a bad thing.

Man of Honour
It's a sad day and It's the end of WEC (LMP1) for me. :(

I can see why they want to push for Formula E but I am struggling to find any interest in it as the tech really isn't here yet.

Where does it all go now? Also did the FIA/ACO drive them all away?
I disagree the tech is there, they aren't allowed to use it, Fe is essentially a spec series :( which amkes me sad. The cars should be improving massively every few races. But batteries packs are locked down, as well as power etc. Fe could be good if it was opened up, like originally planned.

Soldato
The circuits and lack of (even fake) noise totally ruins formula E for me. They need to get the tech moved on enough to remove car change too.

Think I'll wait and see what comes of Lmp1 over the next few months before deciding on whether to go to Le Mans next year or not, was disappointed having to call off last minutr this year but I don't feel particularly attracted to it as an event the way it feels like it might be going. Maybe try Spa whilst the series is in a bit of flux

Caporegime
I disagree the tech is there, they aren't allowed to use it, Fe is essentially a spec series :( which amkes me sad. The cars should be improving massively every few races. But batteries packs are locked down, as well as power etc. Fe could be good if it was opened up, like originally planned.

I think that would kill the series in no time.

Be like F1 with the biggest teams, with the most money, getting all the best tech, and the others lagging behind.

It's good and competitive now, it needs to remain a spec series, the only thing that drastically needs changing are the tracks, they are all far too narrow currently, they need to be made bigger so you can get 4 or 5 abreast into corners, that would liven things up no end.

They also need to be more accessible, I hate going to tracks and see noting but massive fences everywhere.

Associate
I think that would kill the series in no time.

Be like F1 with the biggest teams, with the most money, getting all the best tech, and the others lagging behind.

It's good and competitive now, it needs to remain a spec series, the only thing that drastically needs changing are the tracks, they are all far too narrow currently, they need to be made bigger so you can get 4 or 5 abreast into corners, that would liven things up no end.

They also need to be more accessible, I hate going to tracks and see noting but massive fences everywhere.

I thought that the last track, Montreal, was possibly one of the best we have seen them race at. Agree that they need to be wider to allow safer overtaking. Tracks have been adjusted year on year even at the same venues so hopefully will just continue to evolve and improve whereover it allows.

Soldato
Sod FE guys! The WEC summer break is almost over. :p

Last nights rain in Mexico City was very heavy (some parts flooded), with two or three flash floods happening there in the last few months. Hopefully the weather doesn't get worse, but if this leads to some changeable conditions through the race, it should make for an interesting race. :)

Back
Top Bottom