• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution 2.0

Caporegime
That would surely lie with the devs to find the time. My best guess would be past games the focus is reduced on providing new features. Some devs will that have the cash and time other smaller teams will pass on the opportunity and focus on the future.

It's all guess work FSR 1 also didn't just pop up either it did take a few months.

Problem is they seem to find the time to integrate/update dlss but not so much fsr 2.1+, even for older games, it's the same where dlss gets added/updated and fsr might not even get added let alone updated to 2.1+, of course, it could be nvidia are "paying" them to go back and add/upgrade dlss.....

FSR 1 was much simpler to integrate due to it being a spatial upscaler tbf.

I wonder how much of it is down to the implementation method too, nvidia have their streamline solution and whatever method amd have provided might not be as easy/quick? Whilst amd don't want to support any closed source solutions like dlss especially a competitors solution, this is where their stubbornness (imo) is hurting amd owners (for now)

But alas, as said, with time, the standard will be 2.2+

Shame more developers don't speak out on their experience with vendors solutions as would be interesting to hear the strengths/weaknesses on both vendors approaches.

id be very wary to judge shimmering or whatever off utube or other videos online as they quality will be crap vs real world quality.

Nexus18

Its cos a lot of games dont have motion vectors which fsr2 requires. And on some games with small teams it can be a bit of a effort i.e x4 foundations, as they arnt sure about using fsr 2 cos no motion vectors but they did fsr 1 but meh i want the taa code put in x4 mainly for aa cos their existing aa sucks balls.

Yeah that is true, due to the compression, you lose a lot of detail and this can mask things like shimmering and smudge the overall clarity, like in my yt video above, in person/game, it doesn't look anywhere as bad as that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
With pleasure...

image.png

Caporegime
FSR 2 launched in May 2022 and is now confirmed in 101 games. Not bad.

Last edited:
Associate
I've been using FSR on my GTX 970 and I must say, it's actually pretty impressive in some cases.

Ready or Not implements FSR and instead of running 1080p 60 fps, I can run 1440p 60 fps with FSR. Quality is pretty superior to 1080p too. It's not quite as crisp as regular 1440p, I'll take it for 60fps!

Soldato
I've been using FSR on my GTX 970 and I must say, it's actually pretty impressive in some cases.

Ready or Not implements FSR and instead of running 1080p 60 fps, I can run 1440p 60 fps with FSR. Quality is pretty superior to 1080p too. It's not quite as crisp as regular 1440p, I'll take it for 60fps!
Don't worry, quality control got fired when NV started pushing Performance Mode as default for DLSS 3.:p

But yes, it has its place, can make games playable on my laptop running a 1060, the screen smaller so reduced IQ's not as noticeable if I was running a larger panel.

Associate
I haven't used FSR2 much but have tried it out in a few games now. Uncharted looks fine though at 1440p it runs so well I don't need to use it. In Darktide it's a must, only because without it the game suffers from major jaggies (I'm not sure if TAA isn't working properly in the menu?) but again it looks fine. Having a lower PPI with a 32" screen I'm surprised it isn't more detrimental to visuals.

Spider-Man Remastered has some issues, very noticeable trailing when dropping to earth at high speed against some backgrounds. Performance with Max/High RT is fine without it I don't use it (it's one of the most impressive RT implementations I've seen along with Metro EE). It's great to have it as an option.

I find it interesting how folk differ in their tolerances for IQ, two of my friends have 3080's and routinely use DLSS in balanced mode and are very happy with the visuals, where to me it looks okay but the drop in fidelity is very obvious over native/quality mode.

Associate
Don't worry, quality control got fired when NV started pushing Performance Mode as default for DLSS 3.:p

But yes, it has its place, can make games playable on my laptop running a 1060, the screen smaller so reduced IQ's not as noticeable if I was running a larger panel.
I'm running a 27" 4k so running 1080p looks like I'm playing a 90s game :cry: FSR helps fix it, though it's not as good in MW2 - extremely grainy, but I think that uses FSR1 and not 2?

I should hopefully be getting a 3070 next week so 4k DLSS/FSR?

Soldato
OP
ChangeImpact
Changed how internal signals are stored and tonemappedFSR 2.2 should now be compatible with a wider set of high dynamic range inputs. Previously, some dynamic range could be lost in computation.
Depth logic modified to improve disocclusion detectionFSR 2.2 should reduce the level of “fizzing” artefacts seen during dissoclusions.
Accumulation logic overhauled to use temporal reactivityFSR 2.2 should reduce the level of “fizzing” artefacts seen during dissoclusions.
RCAS is now run without tonemappingFSR 2.2 should retain more dynamic range during the RCAS step.
Dilated reactive mask logic updated to use temporal motion vector divergenceThis is used to assist with our “locking” feature, and should reduce some cases of ghosting artefacts.
Improved luminance instability logic with historyFSR 2.2 should have improved temporal stability – i.e, less flickering on some objects.

Back
Top Bottom