• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution in 2021

Caporegime
I have watched quite a few reviews on FSR, to varying degrees the consensus is FSR is not quite as good as DLSS 2 but still very good, its also not faultless, nothing ever is, that includes DLSS 2 and DLSS 1 was an utter bag of #### compared with FSR, they also concluded FSR IS doing more than traditional upscaling and anti aliasing technologies, none of which can match FSR image quality, even photoshopping a still you cannot get to the same level of image quality.

That is the consensus.

DF are the outliers, is it they are just better than everyone else? is that what we are supposed to believe? Or are THEY just a bit crap? or is this a deliberate editorial?

Caporegime
:cry: I forgot about that, yes they were using Quality and not Ultra Quality despite Ultra Quality performing pretty much as well as Nvidia's Quality mode in terms of framerate boost.
I think others have mentioned it, but you look at the reviews overall and they were all positive. Perhaps more important, user feedback is positive.

This is ultimately the most important thing rather than one questionable review which focuses only on the negatives.

Caporegime
Sorry for the triple post ( :o ) but PC world are doing a live stream on FSR starting in just under two hours.

Ask AMD About FidelityFX Super Resolution | The Full Nerd Special Edition

Caporegime
Heh perhaps. I think that is more what you want to believe though. :p

Why would I be posting "multiple" screenshots in a "variety" of conditions showing the worst cases of ghosting from my experience trying to replicate what he has experienced then? If it was anywhere as bad as what it is for him then why are my screenshots not showing 4/5 extremely obvious taillight trails too???? Surely my screenshots should look the same????

Not think HU would have also shown something like that if the ghosting was in fact as bad as that guys???

Caporegime
I think it was Steve Burke who pointed out something interesting.

He said from conversations with AMD he gathered FSR is just the start, they are working on more and improvements, Steve also noted that in one of the games he tested the graphics settings menu has FSR marked as "FSR ver 1.0"

Caporegime
Why would I be posting "multiple" screenshots in a "variety" of conditions showing the worst cases of ghosting from my experience trying to replicate what he has experienced then? If it was anywhere as bad as what it is for him then why are my screenshots not showing 4/5 extremely obvious taillight trails too???? Surely my screenshots should look the same????

Not think HU would have also shown something like that if the ghosting was in fact as bad as that guys???
I don't know what resolution or settings that user was using so its hard to draw too many comparisons. But your screenshot looks identical to his, just with less tails and perhaps a higher resolution and or settings.

What I will say is I thought they all look bad, whether its one tail or four, but if you are happy that's all that matters.

Each to their own and all that.

Man of Honour
Personally with DLSS at quality, 1440p and all settings ultra, mostly 60 FPS ish, I never saw tail light trails like that - has someone copied the DLSS files from another game or something into CP2077? I did get trails on things like radio antennas and other thin vertical objects like fence posts and slight haloing around some car lights in motion sometimes. Given the overly sharpened and grainy look possible someone is using a 3rd party post processing tool which is messing with the visuals.

What I found a bit meh was that if you played "peekaboo" with a scene you'd notice the details weren't consistent each time - though close some stuff like foliage would have completely different patterns.

Associate
Another quote from DF:
"We'll be posting screenshot comparisons in due course, but myself and colleagues John Linneman and Alex Battaglia are agreed that in the Final Fantasy 15 demo at least, DLSS is not only providing these big improvements to performance, but it's delivering more detail and fewer artefacts than the game's standard TAA. It's not quite so clear-cut with Epic's Infiltrator demo - UE4 features one of the best temporal anti-aliasing solutions around - but the fact that it's so competitive is testament to DLSS's quality."

So it is not as good as UE4 TAAU but it is competitive so it has a lot of quality. :)
What happened with " let's use TAAU instead of this c...p"?

Soldato
Meh all them screenshots. Coulda hid em in spoiler tags for those who want to not argue about dlss vs fsr, im just hear to read about the tech not epenis comparing between techs arguments. And meh about ghosting or shimmering, who cares, some games have it some dont id imagine. Dont like it if its got it then dont use it or wait for updates to the tech afterall its only just come out fsr theres bound to be teething issues.

Soldato
Here's my Cyberpunk video on an RTX 3080 at 1440P with psycho raytracing and balanced DLSS. You can see some ghosting on the rear lights of the car from around 1:20 and in particular at 1:28, but it's for the most part not very noticeable to me. Overall even when using balanced DLSS the game looks great to my eyes, I do use glasses though.

Caporegime
I don't know what resolution or settings that user was using so its hard to draw too many comparisons. But your screenshot looks identical to his, just with less tails and perhaps a higher resolution and or settings.

What I will say is I thought they all look bad, whether its one tail or four, but if you are happy that's all that matters.

Each to their own and all that.

Identical???? But you admit, less trails, makes sense...... :p and what about the lack of the back of the car body trail/ghost not being present in his screenshot?

Whether you or myself or anyone likes it is another topic but there is quite a substantial difference in what he is showing and what I and the majority of others are encountering/experiencing....

If I was getting that exact same kind of trailing as he is and it was present throughout most of the game, there is absolutely no way anyone including myself would be using dlss, not to mention, I'm pretty sure HU and other sites would be slamming dlss for ghosting/trailing issues as severe as what he is encountering..... the same way they slammed dlss 1.0 for the blur/Vaseline issues.

What if you run lower DLSS like perf or ultraperf?

DLSS performance

9g35WWN.jpg

wcg3nt0.jpg

2Pxorgl.jpg

3LFDppG.jpg

Caporegime
Yes that looks like a 3 maybe 4 ghost tail behind the tail light. But why is this DLSS artifact having to be proved in this thread.
Fair point, we sort of drifted off topic and I played my part in this.

You are posting more screenshots that also look bad but not changing my opinion.

Anyway, as has been pointed out above lets get back on topic. :)

And for the love of god man, learn to use spoiler tags to wrap your images in. :p

Caporegime
Fair point, we sort of drifted off topic and I played my part in this.

You are posting more screenshots that also look bad but not changing my opinion.

Anyway, as has been pointed out above lets get back on topic. :)

And for the love of god man, learn to use spoiler tags to wrap your images in. :p

Again, that is my intent, to show the ghosting issues in the worst possible way to show why that guys screenshot should be taken with a massive pinch of salt....

So essentially you think my screenshots are on the same level as this one?

fKGcBHJ.png

If so, oh lordy.... specsavers time for you :p :D

Ain't nobody got time for spoiler tags ;)

Permabanned
DLSS quality at 4k is very good! You gain 20fps and it looks 90% like without DLSS.

They need to improve the image quality slightly but the performacnce gain is good.

Soldato
Nexus, enough posting screenshots of dlss/ghosting in cyberpunk this is about fsr this thread and u doing it is way off topic. Want to talk about it then make a new thread and move the screenies there instead please.

Associate
So answer me this, does that other guys screenshot look legit still???? And before you answer, remember I said about how you should also see the car ghosting/trailing too??? Well if you look closely, you'll see it is in mine and not his....
And lets not forget again that these are "screenshots" so it will exaggerate the issue more and not be as noticeable when just playing the game as you would....
If you can't understand/see my point above then there is no helping you until you remove your blinkers, if you're having a difficult time seeing the point, re-read the posts and if you're still not following it, well friend, that's not my problem.
And once again, am I saying you aren't allowed to turn your camera angles???? Nope, it's you putting your own little spin on it.

I already commented on your screenshots and suggested under the right set of conditions maybe it COULD get as bad as the screenshot/video because your worst case screenshot has 4(3) trails although faint but they were still there.

I have no way to determine if the screenshot is fake or real and it's not really that important to me. From my experience of the game and yours(from your own screenshots) the ghosting and trailing lights are still there. Just because you don't (refuse to) notice it during normal play doesn't mean it will be the same as everyone else. I'll give RDR2 a go at 4K when it's updated though.

You are correct I really don't understand your point.

you may not have said you can't turn the camera angle but you suggested there was a right way and a wrong way to drive around a corner in order to still be compatible with DLSS.

Back
Top Bottom