• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution in 2021

Associate
Exactly, it's just like the vram argument happening, people grabbing onto anything to try and make out that there is a universal issue that affects everyone (or rather exaggerate minor flaws) as they did with "one" persons experience in horizon zero dawn and an older 8GB gpu on an old version of the game..... It's all rather funny as these same people are complaining about Alex from DF review on FSR and how he is exaggerating FSR minor flaws :D

Not to mention, have a look at reddit and you'll see the amount of people saying how 2.2 is better for motion and overall clarity too and even HU (who are far more pro amd) have said that it has reduced the ghosting/motion issues.... But no, once again, lets take one persons video because it fits their narrative :cry:
It was not my intention to push any narrative. I am not doing what some other people are doing ( will not give names :D ) for example to post a picture and that's it without telling you what is the source. I just found it funny because i've seen it just after you said you can hardly see any ghosting. I gave you the source and encouraged you to investigate if you want.
I also said two or three days ago that it looks like most of the ghosting is gone with 2.2 and a lot of people on reddit are saying that 2.2 is a big improvement. I don't win anything if DLSS works better or worse and i will not sleep better if you or others have problems playing or sleep worse if you have a great experience.
If you say that there is a problem with his PC, i believe you.

Soldato
Doesnt work on kepler or maxwell cards so fsr is useless to people like me.

Right but it also doesn't work on similarly old AMD cards so that's not biased against Nvidia users.

The rumouring that Nvidia users would be screwed because Nvidia in their mind wouldn't do driver work etc etc has been gutted by reviews showing Nvidia cards which are not the demoed 1060 running with identical gains (and flaws) to AMD cards with FSR.

Soldato
Right but it also doesn't work on similarly old AMD cards so that's not biased against Nvidia users.

The rumouring that Nvidia users would be screwed because Nvidia in their mind wouldn't do driver work etc etc has been gutted by reviews showing Nvidia cards which are not the demoed 1060 running with identical gains (and flaws) to AMD cards with FSR.

I ran it on my GTX1080 fine.

Soldato
I ran it on my GTX1080 fine.

The guy he was quoting has a 780 GPU, and it will not support FSR. I read that a GPU needs to support shader model 6.4 or above and that means a 970/980/980Ti or later.
Though I do find it odd that he comes here to moan about FSR being crap, I wonder if it is because he is angry that AMD don't supporting his 8 year old Nvidia GPU?

Last edited:
Soldato
The guy he was quoting has a 780 GPU, though Maxwell also includes 980Ti and some report it FSR working on that. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if the guy hasn't even download the free Riftbreaker demo to test but still comes here to maon about AMD not supporting his 8 year old Nvidia GPU.

I don't think AMD supports it on the HD7970/R9 280X either.I wonder if it works on a the R9 290/390 series??

Associate
Don't need to "desperately" put the effort in to categorize people because it's obvious and most importantly correct! Time to take your blinkers of :cry:

Prove me wrong :D
speaker of blinkers, yours seem to work perfectly.

what exactly are you expecting? a photo with my 3070 playing cyberpunk so that my comments can become valid in your eyes?

Caporegime
KitGuru did the direct comparisons and he dismissed them out of hand on another forum:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34901077/
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...lution-in-2021.18923620/page-56#post-34901162

DF were saying UE TAAU was better than FSR,but then proceeded not to test the latter at lower settings,and didn't even look at FPS properly. At the same time,when they tested DLSS1.0,they didn't test UE TAAU with it AFAIK.

The DF video is an ideal singular data point,unless you actually read the rest of the articles on it.

Yeah, good spot, this is the sort of editorial crap you do when you're on Nvidia's Pay role. remember Ryan Shrout? he did exactly the same sort of ####.

Soldato
I don't think AMD supports it on the HD7970/R9 280X either.I wonder if it works on a the R9 290/390 series??

Yep, sorry I edited my post after you replied. I had done some more research and found FSR needs shader model 6.4 or later. So 900 series from Nvidia and Vega or later from AMD.

Caporegime
@humbug Personally I think its much better to just read a ton of reviews to get a gist of things,and in this case lots of reviewers were testing the same limited number of games. Even the best review sites and channels can have off days too!

You're right but you can see your self what's happening, no one wants to hear "its quite good there is nothing fundamentally wrong with it" that's boring.

All it takes is one corrupt crank to create a fake "Gotcha" and the internet blows up with it and that then becomes the overriding thing associated with it, this has Nvidia's subversive marketing all over it, its A-Typical to how they operate, they use internet commentators wherever they can find them taking their money.

AMD especially on the Graphics side have an ingrained mindshare that they are a bit crap, Nvidia's marketing is at least partially responsible for that, as well as some of AMD's own #### ups, Nvidia's job is to keep that subverted mind share going, its what keeps them at 80% marketshare despite over priced products that also have built in obsolescence to a greater extent than AMD.

No mater how good AMD get you will always get this and with it no actual competition unless these useful idiots are known to be a untrustworthy.

This has Nvidia's modus operandi written all over it.

Caporegime
speaker of blinkers, yours seem to work perfectly.

what exactly are you expecting? a photo with my 3070 playing cyberpunk so that my comments can become valid in your eyes?

Well when you and people make posts like this:

"Great so just tell everyone not to drive around any corners then."

Then yes, I will call it out because simply put, it is completely wrong.... again, if you had played the game, you would see that you can drive around corners without the need for having to do extreme parkour camera angles and even when turning corners (and you can tell from the car speed, tyre smoke + tyre burnout marks, that I wasn't doing the slowest possible turn...), there still is no ghosting except one ever so slight bit in one screenshot.....

hw0ODLm.jpg

PbWL5WK.jpg

JMNk0Pi.jpg

xJE31xY.jpg

BSjpyjm.jpg

TBkUBvu.jpg

obSRvpb.jpg

xO9L9aO.jpg

zhfTInc.jpg

iOj4FAL.jpg

Caporegime
You say that Nexus, but when i play GTA V, Watchdogs, Days Gone etc, I am always moving the camera around with the right stick.

I don't think the solution is to say 'just don't move the camera and you won't get much ghosting' tbf.

Caporegime
You say that Nexus, but when i play GTA V, Watchdogs, Days Gone etc, I am always moving the camera around with the right stick.

I don't think the solution is to say 'just don't move the camera and you won't get much ghosting' tbf.

That's the point I am making though, as per my previous screenshots, even with parkour camera angles, the ghosting is nowhere as bad as that random persons screenshot/videos.

And I seriously doubt most people drive in any game like this....

Caporegime
That's the point I am making though, as per my previous screenshots, even with parkour camera angles, the ghosting is nowhere as bad as that random persons screenshot/videos.

And I seriously doubt most people drive in any game like this....

When i go up or down slopes in driving games like GTA i move the camera into those positions.

Aside from when he moves it to completely side on, it looks reasonable to me to move the camera around when playing.

Naturally I'm sure he was moving it more than normal to show the issue however.

Caporegime
When i go up or down slopes in driving games like GTA i move the camera into those positions.

Aside from when he moves it to completely side on, it looks reasonable to me to move the camera around when playing.

Naturally I'm sure he was moving it more than normal to show the issue however.

Fair, extremely odd way of driving but each to their own :p Although tbf, I would play/drive more like that with gta 5 for shooting purposes but this can't be done in cyberpunk....

Still, I would love to see this guys settings and if he is using reshade/post processing effects as clearly he has done something to manipulate the image.

Permabanned
You're right but you can see your self what's happening, no one wants to hear "its quite good there is nothing fundamentally wrong with it" that's boring.

All it takes is one corrupt crank to create a fake "Gotcha" and the internet blows up with it and that then becomes the overriding thing associated with it, this has Nvidia's subversive marketing all over it, its A-Typical to how they operate, they use internet commentators wherever they can find them taking their money.

AMD especially on the Graphics side have an ingrained mindshare that they are a bit crap, Nvidia's marketing is at least partially responsible for that, as well as some of AMD's own #### ups, Nvidia's job is to keep that subverted mind share going, its what keeps them at 80% marketshare despite over priced products that also have built in obsolescence to a greater extent than AMD.

No mater how good AMD get you will always get this and with it no actual competition unless these useful idiots are known to be a untrustworthy.

This has Nvidia's modus operandi written all over it.

Being realistic, the GPU side has been a 2 horse race for some time. When was the last time AMD came first? The last AMD GPU I purchased was the R9 290.

Back
Top Bottom