Fiesta MK8

Mobster
Soldato
Made a thread about LED headlamps but I think a new thread makes more sense in general!

Looking to possibly buy a Fiesta MK8. Looks like the trim will have to be the Titanium X as I want to add all of this stuff:

uBmm57d.png

What is the view on the Fiesta in general? I have test driven one and really enjoyed it. What's reliability like? Should I be going for the 125PS over the 100PS or will I not notice it?

Probably get it on finance and I think I can get a much better deal than Ford has provided. Is there a price I should be looking at for one of these where you'd go "buy it no question"?

Many thanks.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
That seems like a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a 100bhp Fiesta.

I'm sure the new Fiesta is a cracking little car, but for £21,420? No chance.

Soldato
£150 for a CD player? What is this, 1995?!

Edit: And £300 for auto-parking on a small city hatchback seems absurd too. You've got parking sensors and rear camera, why do you need park assistance?

It's great you can get all this kit on a Fiesta, but I just don't know why you'd want to.

Associate
My other half picked up the new shape Ibiza FR. Has good toys as standard, ok engine, is massive for its class and was a lot less than you’re paying. Might be worth a look?

Man of Honour
Alternatives are possible but would ideally like all the options I've listed :)

We went for the Mini. Ended up paying less than that Fiesta despite speccing things like pro nav, head up display, rear camera and LED headlights. It is an exceptionally good car - it's very well built and incredibly refined for a small car. Much quicker than the Fiesta, too. I can't see how the Fiesta stacks alongside it at that money.

Man of Honour
i picked up a 3.5 year old 428i with most of the bells and whistles for much less than this fiesta you specced
(i think all the replies to this thread is in agreement that this fiesta is poor value for money)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
i picked up a 3.5 year old 428i with most of the bells and whistles for much less than this fiesta you specced
(i think all the replies to this thread is in agreement that this fiesta is poor value for money)
As poor VFM as that Fiesta is, you can't compare it to a 4-yr-old 428i.

Soldato

Pointless comparison... I picked up a 10 year old Merc for less than a quarter of that Fiesta!

OP, the only extras worth getting are the door protectors, and maybe rear parking sensors (although with the rear camera as part of the Titanium spec even that's debatable). You don't need all of that assistance nonsense in such a small car. £600 for LED headlights is poor value too. Better off just getting the standard halogens and replacing the bulbs with Nightbreakers or similar. Run the same spec through Carwow and see what offers you get.

Soldato
I can't see how the Fiesta stacks alongside it at that money.
Broadspeed seems to be offering about £3000 off list, so potentially gettable for £18,500 with his options, which whilst still expensive isn't absolutely horrendous as far as new small cars go I don't.

With those discounts, before options, it probably puts it around level with a Mini Cooper? (seems to be similar money on broadspeed)

Soldato
Soldato
You should be able to get ~1.5k off the fiesta through carwow
Bare in mind from inflation this car would have cost ~£16.5k if you were buying when the mk7 was released (2008) so new cars generally look like worse value but then so do all cars...

Have a look at the polo as well, very nice interior. Personally would take a fiesta as again has been reviewed as the best driving and handling small car

Man of Honour
Broadspeed seems to be offering about £3000 off list, so potentially gettable for £18,500 with his options, which whilst still expensive isn't absolutely horrendous as far as new small cars go I don't.

With those discounts, before options, it probably puts it around level with a Mini Cooper? (seems to be similar money on broadspeed)

Yup, very similar and IMHO it's simply a better car. It feels like a more premium product whereas the Fiesta is incredibly generic.

Back
Top Bottom