FIFA 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
L2 is shimmy isn't it? Can't understand why the defender stands about 2 ft away from the attacker when it's used.

Oh god don't use contain! Use jockey and teammate contain :p

Just use jockey and let them come to you. Defending in Fifa is just about backing off, getting in the right position and letting them run in to you.

edit:

I really want a new team but the following is just so beastly:

Sirigu
Maicon - Silva - Dante - Marcelo
Lucas Leiva - IF Melo
Lucas Moura - Neymar - Willian
Pato

What to dooooooooooooo :(:(:(

Soldato
Jockying, they stand off because that is how to stop the other player skinning you lol!

Yeah I think it's just the matter of learning to use it properly. Frustrating but I need to just keep practising. I am winning games online and I've won more than I've lost but I'm just letting pathetic goals in because of my week defensive ability.

Caporegime
Fred is 30, hardly on his last legs.

Brazilian forwards have had a tendency to fade earlier than European counterparts.

He's never had blistering pace to begin with and another year older since confederations cup won't have helped but that isn't his style of play, he is fast when he needs to be. He is more of a target man than someone who likes to run about a lot so it doesn't show but he does use his pace at times and I hope he still has it in him for the next 4 years so Brazil have a chance to find someone else in the mean time.

But I doubt he has more than another couple of years left in him at international level tbh so that would deem he is on his last legs.

The main point is Costa should be Brazil's first choice striker and Fred should be second choice, that's if Costa can apologise (he won't though as he's far too arrogant and filled with rage) and the fans and coaching staff accept him or even want him back after turning his back on them.

Put it this way if Brazil get hit with a couple of injuries they are now screwed and they are hosting the world cup and the people expect them to do well.

For a player to have been born in Brazil where football is a major passion, and to then turn his back on his country where most would kill to be in his shoes I think was the last nail in the coffin which holds his international career.

Anyway he will most likely never play international football for Brazil again unless he apologises publicly on national tv or something, and a very very slim chance he will ever represent spain either because he has played for Brazil.

So imo he won't ever get a change of nationality in fifa because he is Brazilian and has played for them at full international level twice.

Soldato
Don't run down the wing and cross spam. It's a tragic way of playing :)

I find myself automatically doing this and I don't know why. It's bad because when your cross goes wrong it just enables them to counter you and score.

I need to start playing the ball into the box rather than crossing it in to the box, but it is difficult as i get closed down really quickly.

Soldato
l1 to keep the ball tight and turn the defence, just use the analogue stick in open field with players around you in space and only sprint when you are clear open. the rest will come but get the basics first, the hardest thing for me was realsing you don't need to use anything but the stick unless you are closed tight

Most of the time if you pressure a player and give him a little space he will make the mistake, in your wings, it is handy calling a in field layer (r1) and cover the wing with your defender, closing gaps, be mindful not to leave open gas though and dont call a player if he is past your midfield, it will bring a defender out and leave you wide open

Last edited:
Soldato
There's nothing wrong per se with crossing but try and build up stuff through the middle with passing and movement.

Hold L1 and then press X (sometimes not all the time) to make your player dash forward after making the pass.

Caporegime
I find myself automatically doing this and I don't know why. It's bad because when your cross goes wrong it just enables them to counter you and score.

I need to start playing the ball into the box rather than crossing it in to the box, but it is difficult as i get closed down really quickly.

Crossing is fine if you learn there is actually 4 different ways to cross :o

Early cross = L1 and Square you do this one if your striker is in front of you and your not in line with the opponents box

Normal cross = Square (hold it for deeper tap it for front post)

Smashed in low and hard = Triple tap Square quickly (I love this cross)

Little chip cross i think = double tap square (i never use this so i don't know if that is correct)

i take it your just using normal cross? try triple tap but don't use it when your very close to the line as the keeper will just get it, do it when your about 6-10 yards out from the line then the keeper palms it into your feet, or you get a rebound or tap in.

Soldato
Cheers guys. I need to stop constantly sprinting as well, makes dribbling impossible.

Have any of you changed any of your controller assists from the default values?

Edit - Also on the PS4 I find sprinting and using team contain at the same time to be literally impossible. Your fingers just aren't set up for it.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Nani is doing phenomenally well for me, his ratio so far is better than Jovetic.

His ranged shots are actually crazy so much power even though the stat is only mid 80's.

Caporegime
Cheers guys. I need to stop constantly sprinting as well, makes dribbling impossible.

Edit - Also on the PS4 I find sprinting and using team contain at the same time to be literally impossible. Your fingers just aren't set up for it.

I've never ever used that contain button or the jockey button and anyone that has played me finds it very hard to get time on the ball in my half unless they use through balls or guys with 90 pace.

You should maybe just add some of the guys on here that are on a similar level to you and play them, playing it online against randoms is just through ball and pace spam.

Soldato

Just the autoswitch, i tried the lobbed/through balls on manual, it didn't go well though i i may try again soon as its handy for the little dinks into open field to cut in runs.

Soldato
Brazilian forwards have had a tendency to fade earlier than European counterparts.

He's never had blistering pace to begin with and another year older since confederations cup won't have helped but that isn't his style of play, he is fast when he needs to be. He is more of a target man than someone who likes to run about a lot so it doesn't show but he does use his pace at times and I hope he still has it in him for the next 4 years so Brazil have a chance to find someone else in the mean time.

But I doubt he has more than another couple of years left in him at international level tbh so that would deem he is on his last legs.

The main point is Costa should be Brazil's first choice striker and Fred should be second choice, that's if Costa can apologise (he won't though as he's far too arrogant and filled with rage) and the fans and coaching staff accept him or even want him back after turning his back on them.

Put it this way if Brazil get hit with a couple of injuries they are now screwed and they are hosting the world cup and the people expect them to do well.

For a player to have been born in Brazil where football is a major passion, and to then turn his back on his country where most would kill to be in his shoes I think was the last nail in the coffin which holds his international career.

Anyway he will most likely never play international football for Brazil again unless he apologises publicly on national tv or something, and a very very slim chance he will ever represent spain either because he has played for Brazil.

So imo he won't ever get a change of nationality in fifa because he is Brazilian and has played for them at full international level twice.

For once, I agree!

Although I'#m unsure on the background as to why Costa is at such rage with Brazilian FA? Is it simply due to wanting to switch his nationality?

Soldato
Cech
Clichy Luiz Kompany Walker
Toure
Willian Navas
Rooney
Jovetic Eto'o

If thats correct, even though your team layout is essentialy from underground looking up due to you listing right sided players on the right but in ascending order from the GK down, he'll have Eto'o at RST, if so, move him, Jovetic has 4* weak foot, Eto'o has 3.

One ball control skill thats always befuddled me is some kind of shuffle, when you hit LT+RT (L2+R2) to go into "Fifa 13's "Complete Dribbling"" I've had people go into that and do some sideways shuffles, slides etc that can really put you off and give them good positioning, but can never for the life of me figure out how to do them, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom