FIFA 15

Associate
Okay, maybe I'm just getting overly cynical the older I get but I lost touch with Fifa games a couple of years back. It seems for the tiny changes that are made to this game they might as well just release an annual patch for the game with updated squads.

They will never do that though will they? This franchise is just a huge cash grab now but what perplexes me most of all is just why so many people fall for the hype and rush out to buy this on launch. People even queue at midnight for this tripe.

Am I missing something or am I just a cynical b******?

Caporegime
Okay, maybe I'm just getting overly cynical the older I get but I lost touch with Fifa games a couple of years back. It seems for the tiny changes that are made to this game they might as well just release an annual patch for the game with updated squads.

They will never do that though will they? This franchise is just a huge cash grab now but what perplexes me most of all is just why so many people fall for the hype and rush out to buy this on launch. People even queue at midnight for this tripe.

it's the most popular sport in the world.

EA hold all the official licenses therefore they have a monopoly on the market so to speak.

it's the same for every sport though, NHL, NBA, NFL, etc they all get yearly releases. it's the same with COD too.

the only other option people have is PES. which doesn't have the licenses.

Soldato

You're overlooking value for money. Whether you think the dev time is worthy or not on a price vs time played point it's great.

I got 14 late but I think my UT games total about 500, ignoring playing with mates and in friendlies. 500 x 20 minutes (again, ignoring 'playing' in terms of transfers and non-match activities) is 167 hours. 29p an hour ain't bad compared to other forms of entertainment like cinema, pub or even Sky TV etc.

Soldato
After not playing 15 much and getting back into UT a bit, I don't think I'm gonna get 16 at all, really wasn't feeling it, passes just get intercepted all the time, pace being nerfed is nice but now Reus can't run past Terry, just like Fifa 15 & PES 15 had a really really ugly kid.

Caporegime
I played PES and it's actually a better game. You cannot bypass the midfield like you can with fifa.

I don't know why it gets slated so much by people who have never given it a proper try.

It's like coke vs pepsi, people bang on about coke due to the brand name nothing to do with taste. It's all in their mind that it tastes better. In blind testing pepsi usually wins. Marketing and PR is what makes fifa better nothing to do with the game itself.

Back
Top Bottom