FIFA 18

Caporegime
Best start to WL in a while, 11-2.

Playing 3-4 games at a time makes things much more relaxed, trying to force 7-10 games a session is just too much and you can't focus. EA need to make WL 4/5 days instead of 3.

I am playing Prime Ronaldinho at RS in a 4-3-1-2, and he just dominates. He can out-muscle defenders, run pretty much as fast as any other player on the game, and almost every shot goes in. I often strike things on the half volley from just outside the box and they fly in more often than not, doesn't matter who is in goal. It's amazing and if you can time rainbow flicks right you score nearly all of the volleys from it. It actually makes FIFA enjoyable too. My PS4 hard drive is filling up from recorded clips of his ridiculous goals.

My midfield of IF Tolisso - Vidal and Nainggolan is flawless too, they are everywhere and all very solid. Modric does a great job at CAM in place of Rui Costa, he's not that different, just weaker.

I find shadow matuidi more useful than IF tolisso...cheaper too just depends who you need for chem.

Soldato
Weekend league is much less stressful with the 11 wins needed to qualify for next weekend . Got them yesterday morning so now there’s 0 pressure so win or loose it doesn’t bother me . Come across Larson a lot and he’s a right pain . Him and hernandez. Bats is still scoring loads :) he scored for Dortmund again so maybe another if on the way .
Another decent card to try is Douglas Costa from juve, stat wise not much but in game he’s incredible quick and dribbling is superb , one of those players you can dribble the majority of the pitch with . His pace stat is the same as martial but he seems to be miles quicker . Having watched him for Juve he plays will irl so o grabbed his otw card

Caporegime
You're not missing much. First game of the day and I'm 3-0 down within 7 minutes. 2 x De Gea OG's and an AI gifted penalty. Only need 4 wins but already lost patience within 5 minutes of playing it.

Edit: Now a red card.

Edit: This game is completely different to last week. I can't buy a pass or goal compared to last week and my slow passing game is completely ineffective. 7 losses in a row, no goals score, 30+ conceded.

Edit: This embarrassment needs to be renamed 'Ping Pong Championships'. Disgraceful state to be in for a game that was patched to remove this OP play style.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not bothering with SB again I think. Finished 23-17, another weekend where I just cannot get to Gold 1 for the life of me. Have moved SIF Milinkovic-Savic to CDM, sold IF Allan and put Nainggolan back at CM, so we'll see how it fares.

Did two quick games for DKT this morning and won with 20 minutes of both of them quitting. Hashtag United kit will be a nice 5k.

Caporegime
I finished 19-21. Ended up playing the last few games from 3AM as I've got the week off and it was playable again.

Argh two mega packs from squad battles 2 mega disappointments more like every week without fail this game annoys me more and more.
They've been really good to me for the last few weeks. Last week it was Vertonghen, Alderweireld and IF Walcott and this week some 86 rated IF, Fabregas and Alderwiereld again. Put those three towards Larsson who I managed to do for around 130k.

Soldato
I'm not bothering with SB again I think. Finished 23-17, another weekend where I just cannot get to Gold 1 for the life of me. Have moved SIF Milinkovic-Savic to CDM, sold IF Allan and put Nainggolan back at CM, so we'll see how it fares.

Did two quick games for DKT this morning and won with 20 minutes of both of them quitting. Hashtag United kit will be a nice 5k.
If you just want to grind out prizes, drop the difficulty a level on SBs, you can hit Gold 1 playing on Amateur with zero effort required. If you're picking up about 800 points a game then you can Gold 3 in a weekend, if you're playing a full 40 game week, that'd see you near enough at 32,000 points, that would probably creep into Elite? Didn't pay attention to where the final points tallies were last night, I only picked up Silver 1 but only played a handful of games.

Edit, Elite 3 was 34,000 points, average of 761 points per game needed if you play all 45 available. That's easily achieved on Amateur by just smashing 5 goals in every game. The only thing stopping most people doing it is that they can't be bothered doing all 45 games.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you just want to grind out prizes, drop the difficulty a level on SBs, you can hit Gold 1 playing on Amateur with zero effort required. If you're picking up about 800 points a game then you can Gold 3 in a weekend, if you're playing a full 40 game week, that'd see you near enough at 32,000 points, that would probably creep into Elite? Didn't pay attention to where the final points tallies were last night, I only picked up Silver 1 but only played a handful of games.

Edit, Elite 3 was 34,000 points, average of 761 points per game needed if you play all 45 available. That's easily achieved on Amateur by just smashing 5 goals in every game. The only thing stopping most people doing it is that they can't be bothered doing all 45 games.

For the first 6-8 weeks I was grinding Legendary on SB, getting Elite 2 and packing absolutely nothing of note. Playing the AI for an hour Mon-Fri followed by the extra rounds on the weekend just personally isn't too worth it. What I've been doing the last few weeks is playing the last few rounds once I've done WL and getting to Gold 2, but again, packing nothing of note and it just feels like a waste of time.

Caporegime
As I said above, I've been lucky with my pulls recently and I still prefer playing a few odd games during the week to the AIDS fest that is the WL.

I need about 8 wins next weekend to secure Gold 3 monthly and then I'm done with the WL, it's hands down the worst online mode in any game I've ever played in terms of server stability, balance and the community as a whole.

Back to being screwed over by the AI in SB, at least I can stay relaxed when the AI decides I'm going to sky every low driven shot, not win any 50/50s or misplace every pass.

Edit: Gold rare CBs are going for 2000+ at the minute and Florentin Pogba's going for max BIN.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom