FIFA 18

Soldato
I'll do what I always do, and I buy standard and dump a few quid on packs to get the ball rolling.

I hope there's more FUT modes, such as daily online tournaments.

I hope chemistry is revamped.

I want lots of stats

I want free kicks to be more consistent

I want pro clubs to be completely redeveloped and not the copy and paste rubbish it is now. (so much potential)

Associate
I'll buy the icon addition and never buy packs after the ones I get "free"
After that it's earned packs or luck of getting good player and selling etc

Soldato
I'm thinking of booking some time off work to coincide with this as I'm owed a few days for various stuff.

First time I've even thought of doing it anyone else thinking of doing the same?

Nah, I'll finish up on the Friday and tell the wife it's a Fifa launch night. Get the snacks in and splurge on packs. Get nothing good and spend the rest of the evening selling them and playing the journey until I get something resembling a semi decent team. Then on and off through the weekend!

Soldato
Glad Icons are on PS4 this year. Got it on Xbox last year and never even got one.

As above I hope chemistry is revamped or taken away completely to be honest. It takes away from any kind of innovation and you end up playing identical teams over and over. Let people get creative and take restrictions away. Would probably lower prices in the marketplace.

Soldato
I think they will make some big changes this time I feel it hopefully for the better. They must have made the most money ever this year. If weekend league is out from the start It will help me resist buying packs.

Soldato
I'm going for the early release one I think is it about £70 digitally ? Get the week booked off and get a head start so I might have a week or so where I can consistently beat you Quinnay!

Haha, we will see :p

That said I know a place local where I'll be able to get it a couple days early however won't be booking time off work.

Associate
I'll do what I always do, and I buy standard and dump a few quid on packs to get the ball rolling.

I hope there's more FUT modes, such as daily online tournaments.

I hope chemistry is revamped.

I want lots of stats

I want free kicks to be more consistent

I want pro clubs to be completely redeveloped and not the copy and paste rubbish it is now. (so much potential)

This, I do it every year and the money you plough into those packs you always end up getting 1 or 2 decent players which sets you up for a long time. On FIFA 17 in the free packs for just being a returning player I got Lacazette and a few others, sold the lot and built up a solid Prem team.

Hope they do look at the Chem, as people have said you can't truly build your "own ultimate team" need to be able to mix leagues and countries without destroying the chem!

Soldato
Having no chem is interesting, you would get some crazy ass teams and probably a lot more variety.

They at the very least need to be more flexible with the chemistry. Give us the choice of 1 joker card per squad that links to every player. Also, we need a lot more position changes. LF>RF, etc.

Soldato
Ide like it where dont have set player positions but have it where they have there prefered postion but can also play in others but there chem is slightly lowered in those positions abit like in career mode where it says can play xyz position, no chem at all could lead to a horrible time in FUT champions

Soldato
Burning through my last few attempts at DKT at a vast rate of knots. 3 attempts, 1 win. I'm just getting slapped game after game from bull **** goals and fine margins. For example hitting the inside of the post, for them to then go straight down the other end and score.

Edit: this was in the wrong thread :p it's still staying here now though :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
if they get rid of chemistry then they wouldn't make as much money. people would just use the cheap hidden gems from every league. for example if there is a brilliant player in the Portuguese league you can throw him in. or russian league, etc.

at the end of the day it's all about people paying for packs and how do you get people to buy more packs. it's certainly not by making the game less restrictive. you want to add more filler to packs that don't do much.

it's a shame PES can't get their act together to give fifa some competition. if fifa does stay stale it's given them ample opportunity to catch up.

Soldato
if they get rid of chemistry then they wouldn't make as much money. people would just use the cheap hidden gems from every league. for example if there is a brilliant player in the Portuguese league you can throw him in. or russian league, etc.

at the end of the day it's all about people paying for packs and how do you get people to buy more packs. it's certainly not by making the game less restrictive. you want to add more filler to packs that don't do much.

it's a shame PES can't get their act together to give fifa some competition. if fifa does stay stale it's given them ample opportunity to catch up.

If that was the case they wouldn't have released fut champions which is the best way to make coins effectively. Rewards are fantastic and once your consistently getting decent results you don't need real cash. I've not spent a penny in months.

Soldato
If it is of use to anyone, on the PS4 you can get the Icon version with 10% off in game and using cheap PSN codes it ends up costing £74. Far from cheap but if you want it 3 days earlier, along with the packs and you wanted it digital like myself it's not too bad a deal.

Also this sounds quite interesting which I haven't seen mentioned before

Quick subs
If you want to keep the game flowing, this new feature is perfect for you. During any set piece, celebration or other moment when you are inactive, the game will flash up an option to press a trigger button. If you do, it will suggest a substitution for you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom