FIFA 19

Caporegime
I saw last night that Gorilla had bought a million FIFA points, which is thereabouts £6k. Jesus.

He probably earns more than that for just showing up at a single tournament. If it's your livelihood and you're banking 6 figures a year then I don't see the issue.

I've known people who spend double digit percentages of their yearly salary on FUT though which blows my mind, some of them have a family as well :eek:

Soldato
At one point I went around spending £20 each payday, (was earning £7-800 a month at that point so that'd be the equivalent of about £60 now which seems like a lot more (but isn't percentage wise) I remember one TOTY i spent around £100 in a day and got nothing of interest. A sad day.

If i do grab it i'll throw maybe whatever I'd have left of £100 after buying the game and be done. When i've really pushed to make coins through trading i've not done too badly. I think Fifa 17 again i ended up with Messi and Suarez upfront through both IF and NIF trading :)

Soldato
I just spent £15 which gets 2200 fifa points and that's all I'll spend, with the face you can earn packs in game easy enough there is no need to spend anymore than that imo.

Especially when the chance of getting a Ronaldo or Messi is so low

Associate
A lot less enthusiastic about getting FIFA this year as 18 wasn't much fun. I played it half as much as the previous years efforts and felt like they were taking the ****/milking it.

It was the first year of legends/icons on the PS4 and it ruined it for me: 3 versions of each icon was a bit much and releasing prime versions later in the game was a poor decisiion. The prime versions were untouchable and had too much of an advantage IMO.
Wasn't much variation in teams which was pretty evident in the pro events.
Far too many TOTW/special cards that felt like it diluted the choice of cards/players too much.
The gameplay was 1 dimensional - ping pong it about a bit until you get an opportunity for a driven shot = goal. Rinse, repeat.

I traded hard up until Christmas last year and had a great team but lost interest quickly after this as the content and gameplay were pretty stale. Not seen much to suggest that this has changed so still on the fence whether to buy or not.

Soldato
Probably spend £100 or so to get the ball rolling early doors, can't see myself playing much WL this year either so happy with a middling team again

Soldato
I’ll be honest I buckled and threw 30 quid at packs last night

I have two decent teams though, one prem and one La Liga, will choose which one to stick with depending on future pack luck

Soldato
I just had a sudden epiphany; I don't even enjoy Fifa. It's literally one of the only things that makes me angry. Order has been cancelled lol.
I haven't bought it since 15 for the same reason but I'm tempted this year with Origin Access :p.

Speaking of, anyone have experience of the PC version? £45 via Russian VPN is very tempting. I probably won't even play online that much either.

Soldato
I haven't bought it since 15 for the same reason but I'm tempted this year with Origin Access :p.

Speaking of, anyone have experience of the PC version? £45 via Russian VPN is very tempting. I probably won't even play online that much either.

I think i had 14/15 on PC. Far less people opening packs so players are a lot more expensive. Other than that, the same as playing on console :)

Back
Top Bottom