FIFA 19

Don
It's that time of the year again...

September 28th it's out and has a Champions League mode, woooo....

I'm hoping they pull something out of the bag this year, I was underwhelmed with 18's release and considering the rebel of pros and so forth they need to sort their **** out. I need a good football game again to play :(

Don
OP
This thread is dead so I take it no one is looking forward to this :D

I tried PES, I couldn't get into it despite the demo allowing online games which was pretty cool.

FIFA wise, I have vowed one thing that I will do FUT the right way, I think 18 I got bored quickly after getting Ronaldo after a month, and then a team around him and used it for 6 months straight, basically completing the game. I will spend a tenner or something on a few packs and build a team that way, we all know players mean **** all half the time so may as well not fund EA anymore than we need too.

Don
OP
I cringe so hard at some of these “I’m dropping £300 on UT day one” posts. I’ve seen a few on twitter claiming they’re dropping a grand on it, like it’s some kind of biggest dick contest.

People can do what they like with their money, but I think only mugs drop that sort of money on something like UT. You’re paying through the teeth for nothing really, just virtual cards. And no matter who you have, you’ll still get whopped by people better than you. Maybe I’m just getting old, but I can’t see it. I’ll spend a max of £20-£30 on day one. The thought of spending £200+ on virtual cards makes me feel nauseous.

There isn't much difference with anything you can spend hundreds on to bring you a years amount of entertainment, football matches/night outs/junk food etc etc cost £100s over the course of year, not sure what the difference in spending the equivalent on a game? It's all relative to what brings you enjoyment.

Anyway, I dropped quite a bit on 18 and had a competitive team after the first month, the longevity of the game ended for me so I'm not doing to the same this year. I'll drop some money to get me enough packs and a team with fitness/contracts but I aim to build up to a good team. It's nice to use Ronaldo and co but in the end it's all about the player playing in the end.

Don
OP
Verification didn't work on my mobile, worked fine on the laptop. Best player from the packs was Can, the odds on getting anything good from a free pack must be 1000000:1 anyway.

Nice to see the web app hasn't changed at all.............nooooot.

Don
OP
I’m away with the family until Friday but I’m getting ever so slightly excited for this. I’m going to do forget about online records and all that trash and just enjoy building teams up and upsetting the biggies along the way. Bring on friday

Don
OP
The whole rest mode on the ps4 is awful, FIFA didn't download as I expected.

Whilst it downloads, if I redeemed 2200 points on 18 can I see them on the fut web app to use for packs on 19?

Last edited:
Don
OP
I got the special Juve Cancelo card in a 150 pack so that will pay for the team, also Matuidi so not a bad £12.99 spent.

Are there any known decent, cheap players? I used Martial, Jesus, Bolasie top 3 for ages on 18 whilst they were dirt cheap, not sure if there are similar players found yet.

Don
OP
Figured it out when I turned off the trainer stuff it turned it off, you can make it so you have just that in settings although think it hinders my shooting even more! I'm just doing normal club seasons to get used to it, absolutely battering teams but can;t finish one on ones at all!

Don
OP
Im playing the placement matches on rivals at the moment. My team coming up against people whos worst player is rated 82/83, they must have spent a fortune.

What formation are you all using this year? Im trying 5-2-1-1 and set the wing backs to overlap

Edit2: bought pedro, lost connection to ea servers, 1.8k coins gone and no pedro :(

He will be somewhere

Don
OP
Devs are just lazy now, with high speed internet they can release a game pretty much in beta stage, acknowledge the problems and get to 'fix' it and look like heros.

I think the pace factor is good, I've played centre half all my life and have no pace yet chasing alongside someone who is quick with the ball is very easy to do. I think they have to make it a bit more 'unrealistic' in regards to pace to stop that abuse.

I like the rivals thing in FUT, will give more longevity to the game for me.

Cut backs seem to have returned, everyone is afraid of shooting so decide to pass it square at every opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom