FIFA World Cup 2014 - GROUP B [Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia - 13/18/23 June] **spoilers**

Caporegime
Yeah, I know their group was hard but they would have been firm favourites to win the group.

I am looking forward to seeing what team spain put out in their final game however.

What would you do in Bosque's position?

He could go with say 6-7 changes, a completely different team.. but then if they thrash Australia it would show you up for picking the wrong team. If you go with the golden oldies.... if they win or lose, it's the players fault. They thrash them, they just didn't step up in the previous games but are capable, they lose again.. still the players fault for not being good enough.

I don't think he'll make too many changes as it would be worst case for him. I think we'll see Fabregas, and Xavi will probably get a good bye appearance, same with Villa upfront, but rest of the team not that different.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I would like to see him name a completely different team for the most part. He has to go regardless of how they perform in their final game.

No one is going to read too much into a result against Australia.

Caporegime
I would like to see him name a completely different team for the most part. He has to go regardless of how they perform in their final game.

No one is going to read too much into a result against Australia.

Not so sure about that, Australia have held both Holland and Chile to one goal margins and had the upper hand for decent portions of both games. If Spain managed a big win over them with a changed team people would even more blame Bosque for not trying such a team earlier.

I do want to see a massive change but not sure he'll do it.

Would like to see something like

Reina
Juanfran, Albiol, Ramos, Azpilicueta
Cazorla, Koke, Martinez, Fabregas, Pedro
Villa

Ramos because Pique is even worse, Azpi because I think Alba has been probably worse and he spent the season playing left back rather than RB so may as well give him a try. Juanfran because he damn well deserves it. Pedro/Caz out wide because frankly there aren't many options, could go with Mata for either.

Busquets, Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Pique and silva were all very very poor. Costa wasn't great but he had exceptionally little time on the ball and woeful delivery from those behind to work off. The others guys listed got on the ball plenty while on the pitch and did nothing with it. Costa may have been crap with more of the ball but we won't really know, stupid to play him basically untested with the team and with his fitness/form situation.

Soldato
I get quite irked when managers like him win things like world cups, Aragones changed the national team to what it was, the style the squad, moving on the older players like Raul who was still effective well beyond when spain started winning things. Guardiola gets all the credit but Aragones was the guy implementing tiki taka with the national team for a few years with Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and others before Guardiola took over at Barca, Guardiola had a half a team playing that style for the national team for 4 years who won a cup the summer he took over.

Bosque did almost nothing, changed nothing significant, made a couple minor changes that appear to be not playing people he decided not to like. I think the majority of managers could have gone in, changed almost nothing and won the next two cups, when it came time to actually make changes he's failed as badly as you can really.
Yep i remember watching that Aragones team at Euro 2008, they were so good and well organised and played very attractive football. Imo Del Bosque regressed the team with his tactics and ideas. People will still call him one of the best managers of all time which i think is simply wrong.

Caporegime
:( :(

Bqf-IYmCUAATN24.jpg:large

Soldato
Looking forward to the next match - should have some good skill and energy.

Hoping Chile will top the group, although either team should knock out Brazil in the next round, unless there's some deliberate biased refereeing...

Back
Top Bottom