FIFA World Cup 2018 - GROUP E [Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia - 17/22/27 June] **spoilers**

Soldato
I don't mind teams playing defensively so long as they actually commit to the counter-attack when they get the opportunity.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong I have nothing against counter-attacking, I thought Mexico were great to watch against Germany for example. It's when teams defend for 90 minutes and just hope to scab a goal from a set piece that I get frustrated with them.

Caporegime
Erm.... I think you might want to brush up on your Balkan history :p

I understand that but how is it offensive to show how proud you are of your home? It not like he is flipping the bird of giving the Nazi Salute. As far as I am aware the gesture they did is a symbol for their home country and nothing else? What happened to freedom of speech.

Man of Honour
I think you know about as much on freedom of speech as you do on Balkan tensions.
Let's wait and see what FIFA say, as ultimately this is their decision - but I would not be surprised if the players are found guilty of prohibited political gestures and are punished for their actions.

Caporegime
I think you know about as much on freedom of speech as you do on Balkan tensions.
Let's wait and see what FIFA say, as ultimately this is their decision - but I would not be surprised if the players are found guilty of prohibited political gestures and are punished for their actions.

What is exactly prohibited about the gesture? It's not like Robbie Fowler simulating snorting coke off a white line is it?

Don
What is exactly prohibited about the gesture? It's not like Robbie Fowler simulating snorting coke off a white line is it?
It's political.

They have a zero tolerance approach to that sort of thing. Scotland (and I think also England at the same time) were fined by FIFA for wearing poppies for Armistice Day so that gives you an idea of how intolerant they are of anything that could be construed as political in motive.

Soldato
If there is any doubt about the political nature of the celebration - how many times have Shaqiri / Xhaka done the eagle celebration when not playing Serbia?

Back
Top Bottom