***FIFA11 PS3 10v10 Club***

Caporegime
None of us have pre-ordered - all hoping for cheapopening weekend like last time...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Yep last time I got my copy from the green supermarket for £24 or so. I felt like a right sadact standing in a queue at 12AM just for a Playstation game mind you. Plus the added factor of being nearly raped on the way to the underground car park. :(

Man of Honour
Yep last time I got my copy from the green supermarket for £24 or so. I felt like a right sadact standing in a queue at 12AM just for a Playstation game mind you. Plus the added factor of being nearly raped on the way to the underground car park. :(

I waited 2 hours in a local Blockbuster to get CoD:MW2, on a work night... just for the hardened edition... and I dont even like it that much :(

I wasn't nearly raped though, which is a bonus I suppose.

I might go at midnight for FIFA, especially for the cheap deals :D

Caporegime
TBH its the only game I played for hundreds of hours, so thats an extra few pennies an hour - empted to order it somewhere just to get it early - might shopto it...

Caporegime
I waited 2 hours in a local Blockbuster to get CoD:MW2, on a work night... just for the hardened edition... and I dont even like it that much :(

I wasn't nearly raped though, which is a bonus I suppose.

I might go at midnight for FIFA, especially for the cheap deals :D

2 hours?! :o

I will definitely be going at midnight if they have that offer on again. I think this time I'll just park in the disabled spaces on the top, or the parent and child ones, to save the trek to the underground bit where all the 'yoofs' lurk.

Man of Honour
Well, the queue didn't look that bad, so I thought I'd wait a few minutes and see, then I was half way along the queue before you know it and I didn't want to have waited for nothing :( :p

I'll definitely go for FIFA though, can't wait :D

Caporegime
Well, the queue didn't look that bad, so I thought I'd wait a few minutes and see, then I was half way along the queue before you know it and I didn't want to have waited for nothing :( :p

I'll definitely go for FIFA though, can't wait :D

I bet when you got it home you were like --> :(

SCHOOLBOY ERROR! :o :p

Soldato
I went to tesco at midnight last year. This time I don't have the will to do the same so a pre-order will do :)

I've not read anything on this years club mode. Has anything been mentioned about it yet?

Caporegime
I was disappoint. Slightly. :p

:D The single player is just lol worthy. That said, I finished it on Veteran, twice! I'm just that hardcore.

I went to tesco at midnight last year. This time I don't have the will to do the same so a pre-order will do :)

I've not read anything on this years club mode. Has anything been mentioned about it yet?

I don't think a great deal of information has been released about the online clubs, I think that the new be a goalkeeper will be available in online clubs so full 11 v 11 is a possibility although like last year it's probably better to limit game rooms to 4 or 5 per room otherwise we end up losing a lot of cohesion. It'll be interesting to see if the human controlled goalkeepers are actually a help or a massive liability, with all the automatic help from the CPU coupled with the ability to manually control the goalkeeper I can see it as being a useful tool, no more rushing out like the GK's arse is on fire, no more doing ridiculous things like getting lobbed or caught out by shots that should never go in... hopefully.

Also I hope that the generics have been fixed, stick them all at 75OVR which I think is a fair number or at least make it so that they're semi-usable instead of being forced to offload the ball as quick as possible and effectively play with only 2 or 3 creative players as we had to do last season. Any is such a hard position, I hope they've sorted out a lot of the problems we had with it last year.

Caporegime
I cant see it being any different in structure to last year, just the added features Kill mentioned and the improved gameplay mechanics - lets hope they fixed some of the shooting bugs...

Caporegime
Cos we dont regularly play as 6/7 to make it work - and the whole who plays where just delays playing IMO

Why rotation, though its not perfect, removed a lot of hassles, but even then it was generally rotating between offensive positions...

02:27 - Van Der Skip: kill got jis
:eek:

Caporegime
Cos we dont regularly play as 6/7 to make it work - and the whole who plays where just delays playing IMO

Why rotation, though its not perfect, removed a lot of hassles, but even then it was generally rotating between offensive positions...

:eek:

You sneaky little ninja editor. :p

I see your point about not playing regularly enough with that amount of people, although you're right, we do only really rotate the offensive positions, I don't think it's worth having human defenders though because of the offside trap etc, I don't think it would work effectively.

Caporegime
We just dont have people that want to play as CDMs/defenders (I dont know one person who plays FIFA who does) and Im one of them - Ill happily pitch in but wouldnt want to do it regularly - which goes back to the original (moot I hope) point about rotation vs dedicated positions assigned.

Never a win/win situation, but if someone joins and says 'I want to be CDM all season' I wont stop them...

Caporegime
We just dont have people that want to play as cdms/defenders and Im one of them - Ill happily pitch in but wouldnt want to do it regularly - which goes back to the original point about rotation vs dedicated positions assigned.

Never a win/win situation, but if someone joins as says I want to be CDM all season I wont stop them...

What if they're REALLY rubbish but still insist on playing in only one position? :D

I agree though, rotation just works out best for everyone, you get a different position each game and everyone gets a turn up front.

Caporegime
I just hope other people can be captain and build new custom formations for us to try out - I just got to a point where I just couldnt think of what else could work and you had player swop issues, while I couldnt even share my forms for most of the season...

Our present form still feels as fragile (at times) as the first one we used at the start (FIFA 11 still plays a high defensive line from what Ive seen) - never really settled on one - perhaps we should build forms that suit the player combinations? More work but might be worth it...

P.S. PC demo out on 15th...
P.P.S. For the few that dont know - follow fifasoccerblog

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom