***FIFA11 PS3 10v10 Club***

Sorry but I havent looked into this yet, just been playing offline. When I select a player am I supposed to pick/train a particular position?

Essentially, yes.

But we play rotation so everyone gets a chance to play upfront and to stop moaning when people have to play deeper than they're used to.

OK guys - that was pretty pointless for me tonight - felt the same issues from last time we played happened again. I dont think FIFA 11 Club is for me, so Ill keep playing but it will be more occasional than regularly.

Just doesnt ever feel like we are playing as a team and its frustrating as hell when you add constant lag on top of that...

ps3ud0 :cool:

playing as a team takes a lot of time and effort though.

i mean even more so in a game that you are so used to playing alone. getting disciplined to stay in position is tough enough, add in the need to play well doing everything else as an 11 and well, its gonna be difficult to maintain.

personally i think 8 is a more manageable number, let CPU do the goalie and have 1 person controlling ALL of the back 4 and then everyone else free to do the midfield work and attack. (as CPU defenders dont get out of position and can actually tackle alright, or have 1 person usually a great player, taking control of them via the ANY option whn u choose position.

trust me i play 6 and 7 aside football. its difficult enough tryig to get people to play as a team in that let alone on PS3 via headset communications on fifa where everyone just wants to run up front and score.

Last edited:
OK guys - that was pretty pointless for me tonight - felt the same issues from last time we played happened again. I dont think FIFA 11 Club is for me, so Ill keep playing but it will be more occasional than regularly.

Just doesnt ever feel like we are playing as a team and its frustrating as hell when you add constant lag on top of that...

I think the team play is fine when you consider that this game is new, it's not been out a week yet - even for those of us who received it early! We'll only get better from this point (maybe we'll go downhill again further down the line, but that's a different matter). So don't give up on it yet!

Especially since I am not going to be on as much as I'd like to be - we can't leave club purely in the hands of skip, kill and bap! :(;)

The CPU randoms are better than some of the VPs out there too, so that doesn't help. My VP is out of his depth at the moment which meant I wasn't very useful. I was slow which mean I got caught out quite a lot - and my stamina was used up with 10/15 minutes to go. Going to put some more time into training him up, need to get the speed and stamina accomplishments :)

While I agree there were some moments where I was shouting at the TV I think that as Jonny said and as I said to you last night on chat, the game hasn't been out for too long and there seems to be quite a steep learning curve. I can't talk for anyone else but none of the games last night were laggy for me, I know that doesn't solve your problem but I'm just letting you know I didn't have any problems connection wise last night.

Not only that but we had a brand new member last night in the form of Jojo and I was quite surprised at his willingness to work for the team, he was an excellent team player and although none of us played particularly well as individuals we did end up scoring some decent goals when we worked as a team. I think it's very much a game that rewards you the more hours you put into it, I'm a bit disheartened with the offline modes as they're so boring and repetitive but when you take it online this game certainly shines, you said yourself you enjoyed the games you played head to head against J, I think maybe you didn't enjoy Club so much last night because we do have to rely on the CPU for certain things and when they get it wrong it usually costs us a goal. I have to stick my neck out and say that either the CPU pass to Baplad an awful lot or he presses X a lot, maybe sometimes without even realising as it can be an instinctual reaction, I'm not going to only single out one person but yesterday I feel a few occasions there was someone in maybe a slightly better position than you Bap, but you still called for it and the CPU either fudged it up or you received it and then got crowded and lost the ball, that said, on the whole you were playing well last night on an evening where as I said we didn't play outstandingly as individuals but still managed to score a few good goals. Your crossing was a particular highlight Bap and your VP seems to have good speed and strength as well which is a plus.

One thing I have to highlight, and I don't know if anyone else has noticed but if someone calls for the ball when the CPU is under pressure then 9 times out of 10 they will turn into an attacker and lose it, or they'll boot it into the attacker and he'll get an easy 1 on 1 chance, I think it's best if none of us ask for the ball when the CPU is under pressure at the back as the chances are they will deal with it themselves, if we call for it when the defender is in trouble then he's more likely to just give it away to the other team and then we start raging at being 1-0 down. That's just my 2 pence on the subject, other people may feel differently about it.

Either way it was a decent laugh at times, I wish the comms would work in every game and not just occasionally, but I see EA bringing out a patch for this soon, they simply have to. On a plus the game didn't crash during our club games last night, which is something. Oh and well done Jojo, hopefully we'll be seeing more of you.

:)

so do you have 10 players or not 10 players at the minute?

if you have 10+ why not have a B team as well?

basically i want to play online and enjoy good fifa. but at the moment as most of my mates are on XBLOCKS 360.

i do 10v10 online but with random people. its not so much fun cos some people dont pass and just run into the opposition.

but then im not exactly George Weah myself.

so my psn is Ballist1x

how can i get onboard?

so do you have 10 players or not 10 players at the minute?

if you have 10+ why not have a B team as well?

basically i want to play online and enjoy good fifa. but at the moment as most of my mates are on XBLOCKS 360.

i do 10v10 online but with random people. its not so much fun cos some people dont pass and just run into the opposition.

but then im not exactly George Weah myself.

so my psn is Ballist1x

how can i get onboard?

What rating is your VP at the moment mate? I'll add you to PSN in about an hour if you're around?

well im at work right now but if you add me, ill be on tonight before football - thought my rating was around 80 but it might be closer to 75. ill put in some more work to specifically check off some accomplishments as ive just been in career mode trying to get used to the fifa way of life.

well im at work right now but if you add me, ill be on tonight before football - thought my rating was around 80 but it might be closer to 75. ill put in some more work to specifically check off some accomplishments as ive just been in career mode trying to get used to the fifa way of life.

Sure thing, I'll send you an invitation by this evening. Do you have a microphone?

Definitely need people to be near 80 as possible - its makes quite the difference and the teams only as good as its weakest link...

Definitely gonna go the same way as Been - cba saying things Ive said repeatedly for years...

Back
Top Bottom