***FIFA11 PS3 10v10 Club***

yea tonight ill get home, make some scran and ill hunt through some easy accomplishments and try to get my rank up.

can u go into goalie mode and do a load there that go to your stats then change back to being a mid or striker etc? and whats the closest to training mode? like the game where u can set your opponent to 50% health or something?

playing as a team takes a lot of time and effort though.

i mean even more so in a game that you are so used to playing alone. getting disciplined to stay in position is tough enough, add in the need to play well doing everything else as an 11 and well, its gonna be difficult to maintain.

personally i think 8 is a more manageable number, let CPU do the goalie and have 1 person controlling ALL of the back 4 and then everyone else free to do the midfield work and attack. (as CPU defenders dont get out of position and can actually tackle alright, or have 1 person usually a great player, taking control of them via the ANY option whn u choose position.

trust me i play 6 and 7 aside football. its difficult enough tryig to get people to play as a team in that let alone on PS3 via headset communications on fifa where everyone just wants to run up front and score.
Appreciate your advice but we only play with 4/5 people max before we used to spilt teams - its pointless with more and its been repeatedly shown with more people it just ends up a bit of a free for all...

We normally leave CPU to ANY as you said its not that clever but keeps its shape well and tackles far better versus multiple opponents than 1 human would normally do consistently. The CPU is just poor at putting together an useful attacking move so its never perfect, hell its not really even that reliable...

ps3ud0 :cool:

yea i used the CPU as my ball winner then immediately call a pass off them once they had it and i was in a semi decent position.

but yea, attacking wise the CPU seems to show about as much alertness as Chamakh which is why you cant let them rove with the ball.

yea tonight ill get home, make some scran and ill hunt through some easy accomplishments and try to get my rank up.

can u go into goalie mode and do a load there that go to your stats then change back to being a mid or striker etc? and whats the closest to training mode? like the game where u can set your opponent to 50% health or something?
You talking about lounge mode? What accomps are you looking to do? GK is only useful for non-GK pass related accomps it seems - so you could get things like 75% long passes in a game quite easily and stuff, but realistically vs CPU you should be able to do that most of the time anyway...

Dependent on how you play the game aim to get accomps in that area - Im a decent passer so a lot of my accomps are related to that. The worry about about other areas (definitely say Physical and Ball Skills are just as important).

@all - Please remember ball skills != tricks - in FIFA 11, overuse of tricks to me is even more unnecessary than FIFA 10, because there are more ways in 11 for a defence to disrupt/slow a move since this game is far more weighted to defence, it seems to make common sense to keep the ball possession rather than attempt to trick past a player as the odds are heavily stacked against you and there are more variations of failure (you get past but lose composure; you get past but are pressured and therefore slowed down; etc...)

@Jojo - welcome back, hopefully you play more this year than the previous season - think your VP is rated slightly higher than mine, so kudos in putting the effort in - it shows...

Last edited:
yea i looked and i think my worst accomplishments are defensive.

like make 2x standing tackles in a game. i dont think i have managed 1 standing tackle?? does the computer expect me to standstill and someone to run into me and i just magically tackle them? from experience this does not happen no matter what i try.

same with slide tackles, i seem to miss them more than i hit them in a game. but i have been doing 5min matches in career mode not in lounge mode? im taking u can still do these accomplishmsnts in lounge mode?

my passing is usually good. i always get over 30 passes in a game, usually complete 80%+

All Defensive accomps need you to be a defender for the whole game - so tedious...
Im the same - though I think we need to work together regards helping each other level up as I think its gonna be a lot of hassle - Ive already done 100 accomplishments but Im only 1/4 way through and looking at my VP it still feels as crap as when I got the game.

My best tip so far is to play Exhibition on World Class against an inferior team with your VP in different positions each time to maximise what accomps you get. Probably best to make it 10minutes to maximise chances when you have to do things multiple times in the same game (like 4 assists in one game).

Ive not really found Career/BAP that helpful - more a distraction from VP levelling and I guess till Im happy with my VP I wont spend enough time getting into grips with the game.

In all honesty though I think Im more a Playmaker CAM this year than last - just much more comfortable with the range of passes you can use - Im not great at running past people and I score goals like the next joe - nothing particular special...

Last edited:
You can do your accomplishments in career mode as long as you're using your VP to do them, however for the defensive accomplishments you'll need to be playing in the defence and you may need to go into the Edit Pro menu and change your player type to a defender for them to unlock. Standing tackles are easy, they are the ones that you get by doing the X tackle, slide tackles are a little bit harder but still it shouldn't be very challenging to get two sliding tackles per game, just increase the length of the halves and it'll be easy enough.

You dont need to edit your VP - just make sure you change his position before the game to a defence one and it will count...

EDIT: Though there is an advantage to change it to a defender as your stats will be accordingly distributed to be more defensive, rather than ST stats in a CB position - so youll make easier tackles I suppose...

Last edited:
ah right, i took it you were meant to be stood STILL to make a standing tackle, not just X them off the ball, i do that no probs. no wonder i didnt get the accomplishment as i was doing it as a CAM. i thought i might be doing it wrong.

lame!!

also, sorry to be a noob and take up a lot of space in this thread.

but last 1, is there a difference between say, pressing X to tackle and plessing Square to tackle? (alternative controls so not slide tackle).

Square/Circle for classic in defence just brings another player in to pressure/tackle - which in Club I so overuse, but thankfully only the Captain can request that assistance.

Its very useful when you want to mark the runner while the CPU pressurises the ball carrier...

@all - can we ensure the Captain is a CM from now on? Just seems easier for them to control the CPU rather than a forward. How is the 433 going?

Last edited:
Square/Circle for classic in defence just brings another player in to pressure/tackle - which in Club I so overuse, but thankfully only the Captain can request that assistance.

Its very useful when you want to mark the runner while the CPU pressurises the ball carrier...

@All - can we ensure the Captain is a CM from now on? Just seems easier for them to control the CPU rather than a forward. How is the 433 going?

4-3-3 works if the 2 wingers stick to playing on the wing and don't keep drifting inside otherwise it becomes too narrow. I prefer 4-4-2 but that's just me, I like having a lot of midfielders. Also I think people need to stop pressing X when they are playing on the forward line. Let the midfielders play with the CPU and wait for a human to pass to you.

I'm sorting my VP out today, and I dont know what role to play, does it matter for online etc? I'm happy just about anywhere.

(I've never played it, so :p)

You can do your accomplishments in career mode as long as you're using your VP to do them, however for the defensive accomplishments you'll need to be playing in the defence and you may need to go into the Edit Pro menu and change your player type to a defender for them to unlock. Standing tackles are easy, they are the ones that you get by doing the X tackle, slide tackles are a little bit harder but still it shouldn't be very challenging to get two sliding tackles per game, just increase the length of the halves and it'll be easy enough.

I was wondering this. Just changed mine to defender after hundreds of frustrating tackles not getting me any points. I am up to 76 with just one session.

If anyone is up for some practice then add me i will be on later after 10pm

PSN: demondoguk

I will put OCUK Fifa 11 in my message.

Really enjoying playing as a Pro. I started off as right winger and now moving to CB to gain some pts from defending.

Not only that but we had a brand new member last night in the form of Jojo and I was quite surprised at his willingness to work for the team, he was an excellent team player and although none of us played particularly well as individuals we did end up scoring some decent goals when we worked as a team.
Oh and well done Jojo, hopefully we'll be seeing more of you.

:)

@Jojo - welcome back, hopefully you play more this year than the previous season - think your VP is rated slightly higher than mine, so kudos in putting the effort in - it shows...

Cheers guys, I appreciate the feedback. I had a good time and I've never really got into club before but I think it could be a lot of fun. I'm going to get my microphone working now and I can play later if there's anyone else around?

Cheers guys, I appreciate the feedback. I had a good time and I've never really got into club before but I think it could be a lot of fun. I'm going to get my microphone working now and I can play later if there's anyone else around?

I'll be around, Skippi won't be around now, I doubt Poly will be around later you'd have to ask him. I'm not sure if Jonny or Baplad will be around but if we have enough then I'd like to have some games again this evening. Practice makes perfect.

But i did obey in the end...i just wanted to go RW because im stronger there? but then i realised that there were more left footers in the team and so went RW in the game i had 2 assists and then changed back to CM but didnt do great.
Mate can i have another chance? as i thought i did well enough to be in the team in the 2/3 games i played?

Last edited:
I'll need to ask the others but you have to understand that last night two players refused to play solely because of the way you behaved. If you can't grasp the idea of play a game and move one position down then that isn't my fault.

Who were they mate? I will apologise...I didnt mean to be rude but i was just saying my player would be best suited to the RW due to my player being left footed but like i say i was told a few of you are left footed? so i went RW for that game (Bap was ST and i assisted 2 of his goals)then moved to LCM the next.

Back
Top Bottom