Final Fantasy 16

Soldato
17th September release

Demo available

Denuvo DRM

£44.99 standard
£64.99 complete edition

Last edited:
Will check it out now. But not in a rush to buy it though. Not at those prices. Once the complete edition drops to £35 or there abouts I will likely get it.

Had a quick go. Geez, why are cut screens still recorded at 30fps in 2024? Feels so garing now.

Not feeling the game so far, but not played enough yet.

Forgot this existed. I think because it looked so... not FF. Like it went for a more realistic style and the trailer etc I saw all just looked so bland. Plus most boring protag ever, Clive lol.

Reactions: TNA
Tried the demo, Won't run for me, I just get what looks like a corrupted screen, Tried several other games to see if it's my GPU and they all run fine.

Could be the AMD beta GPU driver I'm running.

Have this on the PS5 and not played it.....really must stop buying games on the PS5 and wait for the PC release.....still, excited for this one, I've always enjoyed a strong FF game and read mostly positive things about this one.

Got to the training combat bit. Did like that tbf.

It just does not feel like a final fantasy game thus far. I will probably still enjoy it. Just won't be in a rush to pick it up and drop big bucks on it. But will defo buy it at some point.

It was the beta driver, imnstalled the latest official and it runs nicely albeit it's not my cup of tea. Graphically it looks like FF14 with a crappy reshade effect. Bit of a step back from FFXV's gorgeous graphics.

Yeah, the graphics looked a bit weak. Not a huge issue for me, but as you say FF15 looked better as I recall.

I think final fantasy 15 may be the only one where I cannot even vaguely recall the plot because it was so dull.
Was a looker though. I recall it would often feature in benchmarks.

Last edited:
FSR 3 looks better in this to me, it's significantly less blurry than DLSS and I can use frame generation on my RTX 3080. Thanks AMD :cry: .

• Haha
I think final fantasy 15 may be the only one where I cannot even vaguely recall the plot because it was so dull.
Was a looker though. I recall it would often feature in benchmarks.

Yeah, I remember very little. I remember the car. I remember boy band and chocobos and that is about it. Lately final fantasy games have **** stories.

17th September release

Demo available

Denuvo DRM

£44.99 standard
£64.99 complete edition

So let me get this straight, they made a game, striped out some of the content and are now reselling it back to you for another £20?!?

I rearly buy new games I'm a bit out of touch but is this normal practice these days?

Generally gameplay in the demo doesn't seem to stutter for me, but the cutscenes do stutter sometimes and are locked to 30 FPS.

However, the optional Eikonic Challenge does stutter for me when I'm moving around which is very annoying. Perhaps they didn't pre compile shaders for this part of the demo.

So let me get this straight, they made a game, striped out some of the content and are now reselling it back to you for another £20?!?

I rearly buy new games I'm a bit out of touch but is this normal practice these days?
The PS5 version was £70 just for the base game.

I appreciate it's a demo build but maxxed out at 4k and it looks like a PS4 game. God knows how bad it must have looked on PS5. However, I judged new Star Wars based on what they showed and the latest trailer looked great to me, so could just be 'too early'. No RT either, unplayable :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom