Final Fantasy VII REBIRTH (Remake Part 2)

Soldato
OP
It's very rare any collectors items go up in price. I have a few but they cost and extra £10 to £15 more than the standard version.

I'd wouldn't encourage someone to buy a video game just to make some money tbh. There are exceptions but there's much better things people can do with their money.

Soldato
Good to see Nobuo Uematsu is back again, so many feels in that trailer - I'm a purist for 'remake' but I have to admit I'm looking forward to what they're going to do with the timeline. So many Cloud/Aerith moments, and good to see Vincent, Cid and Cait Sith too.

Associate
One of my fondest memories of the PS1 era is sitting there playing FF7 - seeing one of the FMV sequences and shouting my mum to come look because it looked so incredible to me at the time. Seeing this remake now is just so mind boggling. I can't wait to get stuck into it.

Soldato
Strange how this used to be my favorite game - ever. But have no interest in the remake (think I put 10 or so hours into it and got bored to death - I think it was due to the battle mechanics)

Might try again.

Associate
Not watchinig the latest stuff. They're releasing way too much footage.

I'm seriously considering buying a PS5 just for this. Not been a console gamer in forever, and I waited for the PC version for Remake, but I don't know if I can hold off over a year for this one and avoid spoilers.

Associate
Not watchinig the latest stuff. They're releasing way too much footage.

I'm seriously considering buying a PS5 just for this. Not been a console gamer in forever, and I waited for the PC version for Remake, but I don't know if I can hold off over a year for this one and avoid spoilers.
The trailer did have that odd small print along the lines of "not coming to other systems until 29th May 2024 at the earliest". So it might not be that long of a wait this time.

Associate
The trailer did have that odd small print along the lines of "not coming to other systems until 29th May 2024 at the earliest". So it might not be that long of a wait this time.

Oh, interesting. Might hold off a little bit then, though 3 months exclusivity is a little suspicious and seems very short. I've got a horrible feeling come May, they'll just release an announcement to say "PC version in development!" and it'll still be 6-8 months at least to actually release.

Last edited:
Soldato
Final Fantasy 16 PS5 exclusivity ended December 2023 and still no news about a PC version. Not sure if SE will put 16 on PC first or this, but I wouldn't expect to see it until way after that date.

Associate
Final Fantasy 16 PS5 exclusivity ended December 2023 and still no news about a PC version. Not sure if SE will put 16 on PC first or this, but I wouldn't expect to see it until way after that date.
Yeah I'd still be surprised to see it on PC any time this year. Maybe it's just more of a contractual thing where they paid to have that much guaranteed exclusivity.

Soldato
People are saying the graphics are disappointing with copious pop-in and blurriness particularly in performance mode (although said performance mode actually hits 60 FPS and maintains it unlike FF16).

Soldato
The SoP does show quite a lot but I couldn't help myself, had to watch it. I'd recommend steering clear if you want to go in a bit more blind.

I'm about 40 minutes into the demo and I've had a grin the entire time, just need to get back to work. The overall presentation is great, yeah it's not perfect or razor sharp, but I couldn't care less, they've fleshed out the world again and it's amazing. Counting down the days for the release.

Not sure how long the demo is, one article reckons 3 hours but not sure if that's across both of the demo releases. I'll no doubt play this through this demo twice. Not a lot else for me to play at that moment, nothing that excites me anyway, so glad my gaming calendar is free for this (not that it wouldn't take precedent anyway).

This should keep me busy until Rise of Ronin.

Soldato
The SoP does show quite a lot but I couldn't help myself, had to watch it. I'd recommend steering clear if you want to go in a bit more blind.

I'm about 40 minutes into the demo and I've had a grin the entire time, just need to get back to work. The overall presentation is great, yeah it's not perfect or razor sharp, but I couldn't care less, they've fleshed out the world again and it's amazing. Counting down the days for the release.

Not sure how long the demo is, one article reckons 3 hours but not sure if that's across both of the demo releases. I'll no doubt play this through this demo twice. Not a lot else for me to play at that moment, nothing that excites me anyway, so glad my gaming calendar is free for this (not that it wouldn't take precedent anyway).

This should keep me busy until Rise of Ronin.
Are you playing in the 60 FPS performance mode?

Back
Top Bottom