Final Fantasy XV demo available

Soldato
I've never ever played a FF game in my life. I am interested in this, what do I need to know? Is it just hack and slash and is the story different to other ff versions?

Soldato
I've never ever played a FF game in my life. I am interested in this, what do I need to know? Is it just hack and slash and is the story different to other ff versions?

They're stand-alone, not hack and slash, and are great at delivering high production, epic fantasy. They're not perfect (apart from FF6, which just is!), but if you want to get caught up in a ridiculously epic story with over the top, outlandish characters and loads of stuff to do, no other series does it better.

Associate
They're stand-alone, not hack and slash, and are great at delivering high production, epic fantasy. They're not perfect (apart from FF6, which just is!), but if you want to get caught up in a ridiculously epic story with over the top, outlandish characters and loads of stuff to do, no other series does it better.

I would go as far as saying both 7 and 10 were pretty perfect Final Fantasy Games.

Soldato
I would go as far as saying both 7 and 10 were pretty perfect Final Fantasy Games.

Everyone has their faves :) I personally didn't like the direction FF7 took the series (but appreciate many disagree!). It all went a little emo. Still a cracking game!

Soldato
I'm afraid you're all wrong ;)

FF6 (best characters, story, setting)> FF7 > FF4 (the FF that really made the series) > FF8 > FF9

Associate
1-6 was a bit before my time....I was 12 when 7 came out and it literally blew me away and is my favorite game of all time just purely because of my fond memories of it.

10 next Followed by 9, 8 then 12.....13 I found absolutely abhorrent......so I'm hoping 15 is a step back in the right direction....cant wait to get home and play it.

Last edited:
Soldato
bought a copy from Argos today, £42 for the "Special Edition" which by the looks of it is a Steel Book, Masamune DLC, CindyMobile and travel pack DLC.

Not sure if the "Day one" version comes with the same DLC.

Associate
The reviews alone put me off. Sounded like a long corridor punctuated with random battles. XV looks leagues better :)

13 was just a long corridor of girl power and overly confusing boring story....really felt after that, the series was on a wrong path since Hironobu Sakaguchi stopped working on them....hopefully 15 changes that.

Soldato
Played about 3 hours of the game last night, Didn't really get anywhere as spent most of my time running around and listening to the guys talk to each other.

Not played enough to judge but I can imagine the combat may get a tad repetitive as its is a toned down hack and slash but so far that is my only criticism.

Back
Top Bottom