Final Fantasy XV

Soldato
I did all of the side quests and hunts that I could possibly find in Chapter 3 (when the world opens up) - I basically exhausted every avenue that I could, saved up all the exp and then applied the 2x multiplier. Things like getting AP from driving/chocobo is useful.

This now allows me to one shot many low level mobs with a warp strike. You get 1 AP when you kill with a warp strike so now I'm just racking it all up. Oh how the tables have turned from when I first set out. Looking back (now at chapter 7) I think I did the right thing as from chapter 4 it's been a bit linear.

Soldato
Just found quite a few side quests still I'm chapter 2 I could turn most of them instantly due to having picked up bits needed earlier :) I'm banking all my experience for now as nothing is troubling me even at level 13 so may as well wait till I'm near a x2 or 3 outpost

Last edited:
Soldato
Its also vulnerable to fire and two handed swords. I was a bit overleveled from exploring, so I didn't have too much trouble with that fight. Quite a spooky little dungeon though!

We're is this dungeon? I'm still doing random hunts etc in hammerhead and have found a level 50 dungeon which I can't clear currently, well I can kill all the goblins just not the boss

Soldato
Well a couple of days ago I finished the game - and what a game it was. I enjoyed every single moment of the story despite it being short in places and leaving a lot to the "imagination" with regards to some plot "holes" and things not being explained thoroughly. However, even then, I really enjoyed the game, from all of the "boss" fights to the "final battle", they did very well at making the game feel epic. The world itself is glorious and the cutscenes are beautiful. The battle system could be improved through better camera angles but I am now at a point where I understand the system.

I have since watched kingsglaive and I thought it was a really good film as far as game-based films go. It explained a lot that was "missing" in the game which might suggest some scenes and dialogue should have been included in the game, however I did enjoy trying to piece together where the timeline of the game and film come together etc...

I don't know if I would prefer to watch the film first or play the game first due to certain things (not saying too much as I don't want to spoil it). If I had to chose I would play the game, watch the film, then play the NewGame+ (well that is what I'm about to do) - still lots of items/dungeons etc... to complete.

On a side note - when/if you get the Regalia Type-F ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS save before using it. I completed a dungeon and returned to the car... then without saving i proceeded to fly off in the car and crashed almost immediately (nothing I could have done - and for those that don't know a crash = game over). Never going to get that playtime back :(

EDIT: Looking at whats about, a fan has made a compilation of some scenes (from various sources) which help give some background prior to playing and lead up to the start of the game LINKY

Last edited:
Soldato
First half was quite good, hints at lots of depth and starts to build, this never comes. second half a complete and utter let down tbh. No wonder they are re doing chapter 13. Story wise it's a mess really.

Content wise they basically turned FFXIII on it's head, as in in that you spend 30 hours following a line and then it opens up a little. In this you spend 30 hours in a open world map and then the game closes and you are literally on rails.

Game play was fun for the most part, but AP usage is like BattleField 1 class levelling, Few nice small things to unlock up to 99AP a pop then a jump to 333AP to unlock a node. Quests have little substance, little in the way of armour, weapons etc to use for your party (Noct has a decent set of weapons)

I was just left thinking, what the hell have they been doing all these years?

Soldato
To the any one here finished it am I over leveled for where I am I fear I may of made end game easy? Playing on normal difficulty and chapter 3 cleared 40 side quests and sitting at level 38 all ready

Soldato
Dunno, I finished the game at level 42 lol

I'd just keep pushing where you are really, forget the story and concentrate on side quests and dungeons until you can't go further. Run through story and enjoy some end game at decent level. I'm a little under levelled. Recommended level for final chapter is 45.

Last edited:
Soldato
I did as many side quests as I could in Chapter 3 (until I couldn't do any more) and then carried on with the story - Cant quite remember but think I might have finished the game around level 55 which still had some challenges in places despite being technically over levelled.

Edit: One thing I will say - because I did this, chapter 3 felt HUGE which then meant subsequent chapters felt much smaller to the point where some flew past in the blink of an eye.

Last edited:
Associate
Pitioss Dungeon

wow, i stumbled upon this dungeon hidden away near the volcano i can only get to by flying and it was the most fun i have had in a game since Guild Wars 2 jumping puzzles :D i spent 4 hours in there trying to jump around carefully lol, wish there was a few more like that

Soldato
Is this worth getting second-hand? I'm generally a FF fan but I've played the japanese demo and wasn't entirely blown away TBH.

However, I'll be finishing Yakuza 0 soon and I'm looking for a single title with exploration, fun combat and decent characters/story I could occasionally play on my PS4 (don't like playing more than 1-2 games at a time, and that second one is usually a racer).

How does it run on the base PS4? The demo wasn't consistent in this regard.

Soldato
Runs fine, I think it feels more like a single player mmo, go here kill this, collect that.

Combat is fun enough, and it runs fine on base PS4.

Just don't buy it expecting a good story or anything akin to the older FF story telling as tbh, it's a mess. :/

Still a decent enough game if you go in knowing what to expect.

Soldato
Cool, thanks. I think I'll give it a go. I don't expect a mind-blowing story, people have been saying it's rather messy and Kingsglaive is a must.

Soldato
Cool, thanks. I think I'll give it a go. I don't expect a mind-blowing story, people have been saying it's rather messy and Kingsglaive is a must.

The Brotherhood series and Kingsglaive both help re. back story and character development and should have been included with the main game - especially as the main game doesn't do much which either.

Associate
Started this last night. have played 2 hours into it and really enjoying it. Taking quite a bit of getting used to the movement and fighting in it as im used to the old FFVII battle system.

Should I be going straight for the main story on first play through or go for and try and find all side quests while I can in first play through?

Soldato
Story alone won't see you high enough level for end boss. Most people get to chapter 3 and start questing all the side stuff. You do have the chance to return to your save game after final boss to do extra quests etc. So either way should be fine.

Associate
Story alone won't see you high enough level for end boss. Most people get to chapter 3 and start questing all the side stuff. You do have the chance to return to your save game after final boss to do extra quests etc. So either way should be fine.

Cool, will give it a go. Haven't sat down and sunk into any games in a while so i've been looking forward to this, seeing as I've had it since release day haha.

Soldato
At chapter 3 I got myself to level 44 did 50 side quests in total at that point I had enough and moved onto the story at chapter 10 now and by only doing story nothing else I'm at level 47 so yeah def stay in chapter 3 for awhile I spent 26hrs alone in it. Also suggest you get the ultima blade

Associate
At chapter 3 I got myself to level 44 did 50 side quests in total at that point I had enough and moved onto the story at chapter 10 now and by only doing story nothing else I'm at level 47 so yeah def stay in chapter 3 for awhile I spent 26hrs alone in it. Also suggest you get the ultima blade

Think i'm like level 5 at the moment. I take it Chapter 3 is where the world opens up a bit more?

Back
Top Bottom