Final Fantasy XV

Went for a nosey in the dungeon in the North West corner near the starting area. Large lvl 12 spider boss that almost wiped me but the AoE Phoenix Down thingy came to the rescue.

Pro tip, don't use a 99 potency thunder in an enclosed area.

I'm going to stop playing this for now in the hope that the patch in December does something to improve the graphical quality, it's ruining my enjoyment of the game.

Am a little dumbfounded why others are not picking up on this. The big issue I have is with the blur, blur everywhere. Seems like they've over used anti aliasing and it just makes the textures within the game look ridiculously low detailed. It looks awful.

Other issues I have are with general graphical glitches on distant landmasses, water and reflections are often seen.

Someone on this forum mentioned how bad they thought Watch Dogs 2 looked, got to be kidding. Watch Dogs 2 looks incredible compared to this.

This has to be the worst PS4 Pro supported game that I've seen.

If you on a 1080P screen use the lite mode which is 1080p. The High uses 1800p checkerboarding which I guess could be the cause for the blur. Or are you using the lite setting already?

I'm using it on lite with a 1080p TN panel TV monitor, so there isn't much lag, blurring and ghosting.

Does anyone know how potency works when it comes to damage? I know a spell will turn to '-a' variants at >99 and '-ga' at >199 but is there any difference between a spell between 1-99 potency?

Went for a nosey in the dungeon in the North West corner near the starting area. Large lvl 12 spider boss that almost wiped me but the AoE Phoenix Down thingy came to the rescue.

Pro tip, don't use a 99 potency thunder in an enclosed area.

Its also vulnerable to fire and two handed swords. I was a bit overleveled from exploring, so I didn't have too much trouble with that fight. Quite a spooky little dungeon though!

If you on a 1080P screen use the lite mode which is 1080p. The High uses 1800p checkerboarding which I guess could be the cause for the blur. Or are you using the lite setting already?

I'm using it on lite with a 1080p TN panel TV monitor, so there isn't much lag, blurring and ghosting.

It's running on a 4k TV and usung the high mode.

Other games which make use of checkerboarding look fantastic.

Woof! Just took down a hell of a boss!

Killed Deadeye in chapter 3 to get access to the chocobo's. The trick is to use the fire barrels scattered around. My first attempt I got owned because I kept missing. The key to hitting them is to hold down circle while you have the spell equipped, which lets you manually aim where the spell will land. Also you only need a tiny amount of fire energy used to make the spell since potency doesn't matter. Any amount of fire will blow up the barrels and you'll need around 4 good blasts to kill Deadeye

Back
Top Bottom