Finally, I get my day in court!

Permabanned
Haven't spoken to a solicitor yet about doing anything privately yet but I need to have a conversation on Monday with mine anyway.

Have a read of this so you can at least bring some questions to them about the process: https://www.hudgellsolicitors.co.uk...al-injuries-compensation-for-being-assaulted/

The burden of proof in civil suits is far less than that of a criminal case. A criminal case is to determine if someone is innocent or guilty. A civil suit is to determine is someone is liable or not liable. You've suffered injury that were inflicted during a criminal act. Injuries that have had a serious effect on your quality of life including loss of earnings from being unable to work. You and your case are exactly what CICA was setup to deal with and pay compensation out for.

Permabanned
The judge wants an easy pay day complain or there must be something you can do to get them to reconsider. Judges should be legally liable imo for causing distress.

Write to him and the CPS tell them you feel fear and anxiety and much more so after his verdict.

Soldato
Have a read of this so you can at least bring some questions to them about the process: https://www.hudgellsolicitors.co.uk...al-injuries-compensation-for-being-assaulted/

The burden of proof in civil suits is far less than that of a criminal case. A criminal case is to determine if someone is innocent or guilty. A civil suit is to determine is someone is liable or not liable. You've suffered injury that were inflicted during a criminal act. Injuries that have had a serious effect on your quality of life including loss of earnings from being unable to work. You and your case are exactly what CICA was setup to deal with and pay compensation out for.

Problem is the ***** involved will likely not have any money anyway so any victory in the civil courts is likely to be a phyrric one.

It should come as no surprise...

That I think that people who might have damages awarded againt them in cases like this and who are unable to make a cash restitution, should actually be endentured to the plaintif!

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, as I've said I've already submitted a claim with the CICA but I may not receive any compensation from that until they deem that I'm recovered... which could be years. Which is deeply frustrating and even then could be such a small amount it was hardly worth pursuing. I think I will see if I can pursue the matter against them privately but I'd be reliant on no win no fee. To be honest though this wouldn't be about the money so much more as trying to get some form of justice or possibly more like vengeance by making them suffer.

All I know is right now the only thing I can think about is how much I really want a break away from all this but it feels like an impossible pipe dream!

Soldato
Logically, you would hope any plea deal would be conditional on full disclosure of involvement including the identity of the unknown individual. Let alone a harsher sentence for failing to offer to plead guilty to a charge earlier, or some adjustment for joint enterprise. But remember, our legal system is the envy of the civilised world :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom