Finally, I get my day in court!

Soldato
What really wound me up today though was that absolute ******* disgrace former colleague of mine being there in the Witness suite, not by his own choice he'd been summoned and wasn't happy about being there. Yet despite sharing a room with me for most of the day he didn't so much as look at me or bother talking to me. Just stared at the floor, couldn't help but just shake my head in utter disbelief. Guilty conscience much... Yet not only do you not bother yourself to visit me in hospital but you can't even look at me or speak to me when we're in a room together. You absolute helmet! It just makes me so angry! I'm not expecting him to kiss the ground I walk on or anything just some blasted acknowledgement.

Pretty impressive how some adults continue to live as absolute children. Instead of facing up to the fact that his life was most likely saved by you, he probably feels 'extreme stress' and just doesn't want to be involved.

Do you think you'll be bitter about this for the rest of your life? Every time your leg aches you'll curse the system and all those involved. Or do you think one day you will move on, possibly forgive and focus on the good things in your life? I can see it could turn into a downward spiral if you let it.

I've always thought that in cases like this the injured party... should be compensated enough to live like a king.

How is it that you can trip over on a lifted brick on the pavement and sue for tens of thousands for a twisted ankle, but you can have your head kicked in while actually becoming disabled for life and regardless of catching some involved you don't see a penny. Insurance I guess.

I’m sorry this happened to you and wish you a full recovery both mentally and physically.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Pretty impressive how some adults continue to live as absolute children. Instead of facing up to the fact that his life was most likely saved by you, he probably feels 'extreme stress' and just doesn't want to be involved.

Possibly but some people simply just don't know what to say or how to act. Having been thrust into a position of managing people the last few years I'm a bit better equipped to deal with it these days but my younger self would have struggled to know what is/isn't appropriate in a situation like that or read how the other person is taking it, etc.

Soldato
I feel your pain. The system is a joke.

Someone sucker punched me and broke my jaw. He was already done for affray a year before yet all he got was a £1000 fine and 9 months suspended sentence.

I had a jaw tied shut and soup for 6 weeks. Everyone who knew the guy said he was a scumbag.

He was supposedly working low pay so paid me £60 a month. Some months £30.

It's an utter joke really.

Permabanned
Someone sucker punched me and broke my jaw. He was already done for affray a year before yet all he got was a £1000 fine and 9 months suspended sentence.

My younger brothers mate was sucker punched outside a nightclub and was killed. Guy got two years for manslaughter. Served one.

Permabanned
My younger brothers mate was sucker punched outside a nightclub and was killed. Guy got two years for manslaughter. Served one.

A guy recently on BBC got six for a one punch kill, He will be out in 3? The system encourages criminals it actually is not fit for purpose look at London and knife crime. These guys should have been jailed until they reveal who thier mates are indefinite custody sentance.

Then they each can choose they can pay Vidar 25k each and get 2yr suspended sentances each or they do 6yrs jail each. But they cut deals like worms so they save money on jail. But all you are doing is encouraging these guys now to be out of jail and breed and have more criminals you can not afford to jail. Jail them and hefty fines will leave them with no time to breed and feed the kids Mc Donalds and frozen mc cains. :)

Permabanned
They can't escape their conscience though. It will catch up with them in some shape or form in the future.

Idk about Karma i know evil people who thrive, What about people who died peacefully and were like Stalin? They get away with it in life. And these low iq individuals have no conscience anyways the reoffend rate proves this.

I do know of one or two cases of what you mentioned but only a few, I think this is where this saying and hope comes from actually :(

Permabanned
A guy recently on BBC got six for a one punch kill, He will be out in 3?

Possibly. It's dependent on how quickly, or even if the defendant cops to it. And how he behaves in prison. If they deny murder but plead guilty to manslaughter right out the gate (which happened with my brothers mates case) they'll get a heavily reduced sentence because they've acknowledge what they did and are sorry, blah blah blah. The longer a defendant fights either a manslaughter or murder charge throughout the process, the less favourable their sentencing will be.

Honestly, reading the judgement of my brothers mates case made me so angry. But the only people that can be blamed for it are the parliamentary council who actually write the laws and the politicians who vote them in after (allegedly) reading them. We've arrived at the point we have now with criminals for serious crime because, like the asylums, prisons cost money. So when they closed up the asylums they moved to "care in the community"... electronic tags and being "on license" is what they've done for prison cost cutting.

Permabanned
Possibly. It's dependent on how quickly, or even if the defendant cops to it. And how he behaves in prison. If they deny murder but plead guilty to manslaughter right out the gate (which happened with my brothers mates case) they'll get a heavily reduced sentence because they've acknowledge what they did and are sorry, blah blah blah. The longer a defendant fights either a manslaughter or murder charge throughout the process, the less favourable their sentencing will be.

Honestly, reading the judgement of my brothers mates case made me so angry. But the only people that can be blamed for it are the parliamentary council who actually write the laws and the politicians who vote them in after (allegedly) reading them. We've arrived at the point we have now with criminals for serious crime because, like the asylums, prisons cost money. So when they closed up the asylums they moved to "care in the community"... electronic tags and being "on license" is what they've done for prison cost cutting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-51282526

Look how he behaved, Even if he has a surprise surprise... Low IQ he cashed in the mans betting slip after killing him with one punch. He still only got three years!!! I seen Cannabis grannys get two years suspended when there is no victim.

Soldato
It's not about what you know it's about what you can prove.

Prove they all know each other and it wasn't randoms sharing a cab?

Could have been an uber drive share for instance.

Prove it wasn't.

There was a famous case in Glasgow where a gangster shot someone in Broad daylight hundreds of witnesses. None of them showed up. Everyone knew who done it including the police. He walked away scot free.

So prove they know each other. If they say they don't then nothing the police can do.
I know in order to make a judgement you need evidence based proof, but I'm not talking about that. I mean don't give any leniency - which is subjective and not burdened by requirement for proof - at all to people who it is obvious aren't cooperating. So they should have gone after the guys they did have, for something more than just affray.

Soldato
Idk about Karma i know evil people who thrive, What about people who died peacefully and were like Stalin? They get away with it in life. And these low iq individuals have no conscience anyways the reoffend rate proves this.

I do know of one or two cases of what you mentioned but only a few, I think this is where this saying and hope comes from actually :(

I see what your saying, some people get away with whatever and die with a smile on their face.

Now does that favour the evolution or creationist arguement better?

Soldato
OP
Do you think you'll be bitter about this for the rest of your life? Every time your leg aches you'll curse the system and all those involved. Or do you think one day you will move on, possibly forgive and focus on the good things in your life? I can see it could turn into a downward spiral

Good questions, most of the time I'm pretty zen about things. It happened and I've just got to accept it, while it has many drawbacks there are some positives such as getting to see my baby girl grow up every day.

But then there are plenty of times were I'm not. My leg feels wooden, like a hunk of dead meat yet still manages to hurt almost unbearably so. I get constant infections and almost perpetual swelling which is very frustrating especially as it directly effects my mobility on the day.

I've got to accept what happened but I'll never forgive them because they've not shown even the slightest bit of remorse. They've not just robbed me of my mobility, self sufficiency etc. They've robbed me of kicking a ball round a field with my lad or getting down on the floor to play with my daughter etc.

Soldato
Pity the main culprit is still unknown, and these two got off fairly lightly. Unfortunately, if you want to get this resolved then it looks like you'll have to find out who he is yourself, "DIY". I imagine a private detective could find him but they aren't cheap (you could possibly consider crowdfunding, as already mentioned), it depends how badly you want the guy caught.

Pity about your ex-colleague too but put it behind you. There are plenty of people like that around. Hopefully the next time you meet one, it won't matter so much.

All the best with the recovery, try not to let the legal circus distract you too much.

Soldato
OP
So I've just been informed about the sentencing, haven't been given any details as to why they've come to the decisions that they have but just the black and white of it.

Both have been given 15 months suspended sentences for 2 years, One was given 200hrs community service the other was given 100hrs. I've not been awarded any compensation and I've been refused a restraining order.

I mean don't get me wrong I expected most of this as soon as Tuesday happened but the lack of compensation and restraining order has taken me a back, the witness care officer who contacted me was also really surprised. They thanked me for always playing ball with them though so that made all worth while, I can honestly say if I had to do all this over again I really wouldn't waste my time!

Soldato
So I've just been informed about the sentencing, haven't been given any details as to why they've come to the decisions that they have but just the black and white of it.

Both have been given 15 months suspended sentences for 2 years, One was given 200hrs community service the other was given 100hrs. I've not been awarded any compensation and I've been refused a restraining order.

I mean don't get me wrong I expected most of this as soon as Tuesday happened but the lack of compensation and restraining order has taken me a back, the witness care officer who contacted me was also really surprised. They thanked me for always playing ball with them though so that made all worth while, I can honestly say if I had to do all this over again I really wouldn't waste my time!

No surprise there, sadly.

Actual prison time these days seems to be a precious commodity reserved only for people who commit such heinous acts as climbing a tall building...

:(

Soldato
OP
Tell me about, I'm crippled and scarred for life. I have a hard time getting out of the house, I keep having panic attacks as a result of everything that's gone on plus everything else. And these two get to walk away with **** all consequences while refusing to name the others. So much for the British justice system!

Back
Top Bottom