First Home - Renovation Project

Associate
OP
Thanks all

Really interesting thread, very inspiring and not at all jealous!!!

Regarding the cameras, the quality is very impressive - where did you source the Hisun camera from please?

Shenzhen Huisun Technology Co on Aliexpress, the firmware is not as mature as Hikvision but this is the best mini ptz on the market.

10 X Zoom
Code:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/HUISUN-2-0MP-Waterproof-1080P-Full-HD-PTZ-IP-camera-full-functions-bullet-PTZ-camera/1248007_32379755297.html

4 X Zoom (wider area coverage)
Code:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/HUISUN-Manufacture-2016-New-Model-2nd-generation-2MP-4X-with-POE-IP-Bullet-PTZ-Camera-CCTV/1248007_32612428681.html

Associate
OP
Loft ladder fitted:

30jjyb6.jpg

28k5z08.jpg

2il0ajd.jpg

Utility room ready for plastering:

i4myi0.jpg

Associate
OP
We've started cleaning up the garden, ready to patch up the stone wall and renew the fence - more details on this shortly

2wci4oz.jpg

2liwwlu.jpg

The walls on the coal shed were thicker than the house!

110goxw.jpg

2mwgqxg.jpg

6r1qw8.jpg

209j6fs.jpg

2rnev07.jpg

Permabanned
Who owns the bit of scrub behind those fence panels?
I was thinking that rear wall would look great with the bricks removed and re-built with stone, as its a bit patchy at the moment.
Nice bathroom :)

Associate
OP
Looks like the garden is fairly solid, are you going to dig it out or put in levels?

I think we'll end up digging up the top soil as it's been exposed to so much broken glass and rusty nails etc.

Who owns the bit of scrub behind those fence panels?
I was thinking that rear wall would look great with the bricks removed and re-built with stone, as its a bit patchy at the moment.
Nice bathroom :)

It's an overgrown lane that the council doesn't want to maintain...

Yeah that's exactly what we are planning to do, replacing the red brick and block with some nice face stone that we've saved. From there we are going to take down the old red brick wall on the right and level off with flagstone like the rest of the wall - this will promote symmetry and give us the foundations to fit a wooden fence on top. We did consider replacing the fence with a stone wall but it wasn't worth the money and we didn't want to turn the garden into a prison - I think a nice half stone wall and wooden fence is the best bang for buck and will look decent. I'll have more detail on this shortly.

You've been a busy bee :)

It was a good excuse to get out in the sun for a bit, I think we'll be quite bored once the house is finished and will end up looking for the next renovation project :)

Associate
OP
Back garden - finished clearing the rubble

aub529.jpg

Yale locks fitted on the front door, looking into further security such as decorative window grilles for the side panels and maybe a kickstop bar for reinforcement.

35b5w76.jpg

2nkqcjq.jpg

Also ran some CAT6 cable for a porch camera (on its way)

34dsaap.jpg

High gloss doors from Ikea fitted in the bathroom

2622l43.jpg

sc9q9d.jpg

Soldato
If it was me I'd replace the horizontal radiator in the bathroom to be a long vertical one (the one that's about 4 tubes wide). It will allow you to make a window seat and make the room feel bigger.

Associate
OP
You aren't leaving the front door like that surely?

I'm keeping it Victorian as it gives the house character when done right. We are going to restore and reinforce the door soon - looking into period door furniture, security hinges, subtle reinforcement bars to address weak spots and decorative grille for the glass on the sides.

This is a great thread, excellent work! :)

Great work and a fantastic thread :) need more updates mind ;)

Thanks both

No updates for ages :(

How are you getting on OP?

Haha its been a busy month, sorry for the delay ;)

Associate
OP
I've fitted the porch camera - very impressed with the quality and now I know when the postman has been :p
2lsi32p.jpg

2d7ala1.jpg

1zbqe6o.jpg

My server cabinet has arrived, I went with a Videk Rack - 42U 600x600 - this was horrible to carry up the steps, I should have ordered it flat packed.

t83g45.jpg

I also discovered that my previously fitted speaker cable was junk (CCA):
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=29424438

So I've bought some decent cable from a German manufacturer called DCSkabel. I'll be doing a lot of cabling over the next week - rewire speakers (Dolby atmos 5.1.2 setup), a couple of Cat6 runs for Unifi Access Points and one point for the last CCTV camera which will over look the front steps and car.

w7dmdt.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom