First Home - Renovation Project

Associate
OP
Small update,

a5dgtg.jpg

2uggqvn.jpg

Associate
OP
We fitted ducting for the kitchen extractor fan on the weekend, installed 150mm ducting through a solid stone wall.

osdele.jpg

axbeix.jpg

1570y78.jpg

fbguno.jpg

ngwmrc.jpg

I'm waiting for the fan and grille to arrive; I went with a Greenwood Elite 150 that has a humidistat and timer - What appealed to me about this fan was the electronic shutter to prevent drafts. I know most people think a cooker hood is suffice but I rather install an extractor fan with a humidistat for peace of mind which will take care of other small sources of steam such as the kettle, sink and oven if needed.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Things have escalated,

Someone came to my house just after Christmas and smashed in 4 windows and my back door. No attempt at breaking in, just a blatant and hateful message...

2gt2icx.jpg

2qcmucy.jpg

29xutlf.jpg

Man, nobody needs their backdoor smashed in at Christmas (well except maybe Olivia Munn). :(

Hopefully your CCTV caught said scumbag, and if this is still over the tile/brick dust incident from the summer then the guy needs filling in.

I'd be surprised if this sort of thing continues after you've moved in, that said be a treat to catch the knuckle dragger in the act one night...

Associate
Looks like you are doing a lovely job mate - well done.

As for the vandalism.... jealousy drives people to act like idiots.

Hope the CCTV has got them and its a card you can play and maybe use to get things to stop.

Soldato
:mad: Must be gutting for things like this to happen after putting so much effort into it.

I was going to say replace the glass with laminated to make it safer, but it would then cost more to replace if they do it again.

Back
Top Bottom